Elections Is it fair to assume that for FPM this is 2005 alliances again?

Nonan

Don't think this is true...
Do you think the civil society push has eaten into Amal/HA or FM support? That would be great news, but I have no way of observing it. Most of my Shiites or Sunnite friends are expats and would not have been voters of either in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Nonan

One other process related question. It seems to me that FPM is behaving in a bit of amateurish way. I mean I get negotiating to form lists, but not deciding on your own candidates before submitting candidacies (e.g., Beirut, between Pano and Habis). I thought they did quasi primaries, etc.

Do you think the civil society push has eaten into Amal/HA or FM support? That would be great news, but I have no way of observing it. Most of my Shiites or Sunnite friends are expats and would not have been voters of either in the first place.
    On administrative matters, no reason to think otherwise.
    On strategic matters, don't think "civil society" will make a difference either way.
    When push comes to shove (there is a deadlock or confrontation) strategic matters would take precedence.
    This is just an analysis not observation, could be wrong.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Did I get it right or is FPM effectively not allying with FM not with LF nor with HA?
    I cant pretend that I am following all the elections news but so far it seems to me that you are right. The only exception is that this is not 2005 and the mood of the people is not the same. So without alliances fpm will be in bad position.
    However it's too early, of course the number and quality of candidates will give a hint about the possible alliances, but you need to wait for the completion of the lists in order to judge.

Nonan

On administrative matters, no reason to think otherwise.
    On strategic matters, don't think "civil society" will make a difference either way.
    When push comes to shove (there is a deadlock or confrontation) strategic matters would take precedence.
    This is just an analysis not observation, could be wrong.
    So would this mean the Amal candidates will lose? Otherwise, you’re saying they are one topic voters, I.e. would systematically vote based on what you’re calling strategic, which would mean what HA would tell the Shiites, what FM would tell the Sunnites, etc. because of a strategic imperative that would supersede “civil society” needs...
    What’s he purpose of defending an independent Lebanon if it’s population has no future, no perspective because of rampant corruption, no health because of all the pollution, etc.

So would this mean the Amal candidates will lose? Otherwise, you’re saying they are one topic voters, I.e. would systematically vote based on what you’re calling strategic, which would mean what HA would tell the Shiites, what FM would tell the Sunnites, etc. because of a strategic imperative that would supersede “civil society” needs...
    What’s he purpose of defending an independent Lebanon if it’s population has no future, no perspective because of rampant corruption, no health because of all the pollution, etc.
    I have no idea how Amal candidates will fair in the elections... there are many counting votes and 7asels here am not one of them ;)
    Am saying that that "civil society", or alternative voices, will flourish when the public discourse is about internal administrative issues.
    If the public discourse turns to strategic issues (security and foreign policy), the traditional big parties would advance at expense of the newer ones.

Nonan

I have no idea how Amal candidates will fair in the elections... there are many counting votes and 7asels here am not one of them ;)
    Am saying that that "civil society", or alternative voices, will flourish when the public discourse is about internal administrative issues.
    If the public discourse turns to strategic issues (security and foreign policy), the traditional big parties would advance at expense of the newer ones.
    But doesn’t that give the traditional parties the opportunity to keep manipulating the voters by using the strategic بعبع every time the opportunit comes.

But doesn’t that give the traditional parties the opportunity to keep manipulating the voters by using the strategic بعبع every time the opportunit comes.
    If you insist to consider it a phantom بعبع , then sure it does.
    In reality Lebanon has real strategic choices to make.
    It is a shame that these choices have to be knotted up with more mundane administrative issues, but it doesn't have to be this way.
    This is where a senate can come in handy. Parliament for administrative, senate for strategic.

Nonan

If you insist to consider it a phantom بعبع , then sure it does.
    In reality Lebanon has real strategic choices to make.
    It is a shame that these choices have to be knotted up with more mundane administrative issues, but it doesn't have to be this way.
    This is where a senate can come in handy. Parliament for administrative, senate for strategic.
    I don’t consider it a بعبع، I just think that أيضا بدا تشتي كانت غيمت... Lebanon has ben independent since 1943 and we haven’t resolved our fundamental inconsistencies. Someone wrote those days that two “nos “ don’t make a country, and he was right. However, I do think there is a way to maintain a peaceful status quo on the strategic front while simultaneously building a better infrastructure, a better life for the Lebanese people. Just deal with corruption with an iron fist, even if it costs us Berri, Joumblatt, etc.
    Honestly, progress on what you call “mundane” stuff 1) should not be controversial (unless you tell me someone likes to dump trash in the sea, live with polluted waters and air or without electricity) and
    2) would definitely make addressing the startegic issues easier because people would be more aware, more engaged, more driven, have more at stake...
    But this is just my opinion, not sure I’m really relevant, because I gave up and left to build a better future for my family abroad.

JB81

Legendary Member
    The war on FPM have never stopped... and with President Aoun, their effort to weaken FPM is double because they don't want to see President Aoun supported by a big and strong parliamentary block.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    المدن

نائباً، بلغ عدد نواب تكتل التغيير والاصلاح في العام 2005، في انتخاباتٍ أُجريت وفق قانون الـ2000. في العام 2009، فاز التكتل بـ27 مقعداً، بعدما أعاد إتفاق الدوحة "قانون الستين" إلى الحياة. لكن التكتل يضمّ حالياً 22 نائباً لا 27، بعدما خرج منه النواب: طلال أرسلان، سليمان فرنجية، سليم كرم وإسطفان الدويهي، وأنتخب النائب أمل أبو زيد بعد وفاة النائب ميشال الحلو في جزين، وأنتخب رئيس التكتل النائب ميشال عون رئيساً للجمهورية في العام 2016. أمّا اليوم، وبعد إبصار قانون انتخابي نسبي النور، تشير مصادر التيار الوطني الحر إلى أن التكتل سيدخل برلمان 2018 بـ21 نائباً على الأقل.

في جزين، سينخفض عدد نواب التكتل من 3 إلى نائبٍ ماروني واحد، على أن يفوز أحد المرشحَين: زياد أسود أو أمل أبو زيد. في بعبدا، سينخفض عدد النواب من 4 إلى 2، هما النائب آلان عون، ويتنافس النائبان حكمت ديب وناجي غاريوس على المقعد الثاني. فيما يفوز الحزب التقدمي الإشتراكي بالمقعد الدرزي، والقوات اللبنانية بالمقعد الماروني الثالث، ونائبان لكل من حزب الله وأمل. في الشوف- عاليه، سيتمثل التكتل للمرة الأولى في البرلمان بنائبين مارونيين هما سيزار أبي خليل وبول عطالله.

في بيروت الأولى، سيحصل التيار على حاصلٍ انتخابي لمرشح واحد، قد يكون للمرشح ميشال حبيس عن مقعد الأقليات، في ظل صعوبة فوز الوزير نقولا الصحناوي بالمقعد الكاثوليكي في مواجهة ميشال فرعون. وتشتد المنافسة بين المرشح عن المقعد الماروني مسعود الأشقر والمرشح نديم الجميل.

في المتن، يتوقع التيار الفوز بـ3 حزبيين هم: إبراهيم كنعان، الياس بوصعب وإدي معلوف، إضافة إلى مرشح الأرمن هاغوب بقرادونيان مع احتمال فوز اللائحة بمقعدٍ خامس. في جبيل، سينخفض عدد نواب التكتل من 8 إلى 4 هم على الأرجح سيمون أبي رميا في جبيل، و3 نواب عن كسروان من بين المرشحين: شامل روكز، نعمة إفرام، زياد بارود ومنصور البون. في دائرة الشمال، سيفوز الوزير جبران باسيل عن البترون، وميشال معوض عن زغرتا، الذّي يُتوقع أن يجلس إلى طاولة تكتل التغيير والإصلاح.

في عكار، سيحصل التيار على حاصلٍ انتخابي لمرشحٍ واحد هو جيمي جبور أو أسعد درغام. في زحلة، سيتمثل التيار للمرّة الأولى، حيث يتوقع فوز سليم عون، ومرشح آخر هو ميشال ضاهر أو أسعد نكد. في البقاع الغربي، يجري التيار مفاوضات مع حزب الله وحركة أمل، ما قد يُتيح له الفوز بمقعدين: الماروني والأرثوذكسي.

يتوقع التكتل أن يدخل المجلس بتكتل يراوح بين 12 نائباً كحدٍ أدنى و25 نائباً كحدٍ أقصى. بالتالي، يُبقي التيار على حجم تمثيله الحالي، فيما تتوقع المصادر عينها أن يرتفع عدد نواب القوات إلى نحو 10 نواب.
    less than 18 will be a big blow, but 20 or more will be an impressive result considering all the circumstances.

Nonan

Is FPM doing everything to lose these elections? Every day there are more news of how they’re botching lists (Kesserwan / jbeil), failing to build alliances (West Bekaa and Hermel, Akkar, Koura, etc.). Are they that incompetent or is it payback from Berri through HA ... or both

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    هذه الدوائر... تقلق جبران باسيل
    الحدث - الجمعة 16 آذار 2018 - 06:02 - مروى غاوي
    16-03-18-hadath.jpg

يشبه العونيون سائر الاحزاب والقوى السياسية التي تسعى الى الفوز في الدورة الانتخابية الراهنة والمتسابقة لحجز موقع متقدم في الاستحقاقات التي ستلي الانتخابات، لكن التيار الوطني الحر لا يشبه غيره في الكثير من النقاط وما هو مطلوب منه في المرحلة التالية كونه الفريق الاكثر التصاقا برئيس الجمهورية مما يضاعف المسؤوليات، "فان يخسر التيار في الانتخابات قبل الرئاسة شيىء وبعدها امر آخر"، فالتيار هو حزب رئيس الجمهورية او الداعم له وهو يسعى الى المحافظة على عديد كتلته الراهنة وعدم السماح بتقليصها ولكن المخاطر كبيرة في القانون النسبي الذي يحتوي الكثير من الافخاخ والالغام الانتخابية رغم انه قانون "صنع لدى التيار".
    وعليه فان رئيس التيار ضاعف من وتيرة حركته السياسية والانتخابية وهو في هذه المدة الفاصلة مرشح لان يزور كل الاقضية اللبنانية او ما تبقى منها لاستنهاض الحالة العونية وشد العصب المسيحي في الدوائر الحساسة، ولا ينكر عونيون ان المعركة على المنخار وهواجسهم تتركز في ثلاثة دوائر، الشمال الثالثة وجزين وكسروان، فالشمال الثالثة هي دائرة الوزير جبران باسيل التي يتطاحن فيها مع رئيس تيار المردة ورئيس القوات في معركة كسر"عضم" مسيحية تشكل فيها الشمال الثالثة بوابة عبور لاحد هؤلاء بعد الانتخابات الى رئاسة الجمهورية. معركة باسيل لا تتمثل بالربح الشخصي في هذه الدائرة لان فوزه محسوم في البترون نظرا للحالة التي اسسها رئيس التيار في قضاء البترون متكلا على وضع التيار في الدولة وفي الوزارات والمؤسسات القوية، بل كون باسيل يسعى الى ان يكون الرقم الاول في البترون ويكون الى جانبه احد الفائزين من الدائرة.
    الهاجس الآخر لباسيل في الدائرة المتاخمة للشمال الثالثة المتمثلة بدائرة العميد شامل روكز وحلفائه في كسروان وجبيل، فالعميد روكز قد لا يحتاج الى الدعاءات الكبيرة ليفوز خصوصا وان صيته وشهرته في المغاوير هي بطاقة عبوره الى قلوب لبنانيين وكسروانيين كما ان لائحته مطعمة باقوياء كسروانيين من المرشح نعمة افرام ومنصور البون وشخصيات كسروانية وجبيلية، لكن هذا لا يكفي ولا يؤمن العبور السهل لكل اللائحة، اذ ان اللائحة تعرضت لهزات عنيفة تمثلت في حبل طويل من الاعتراضات العونية على ترشيحاتها وكاد الامر يتفاقم لولا تدخل مراجع عليا لحل الازمة التي نشأت مع رئيس بلدية جونية جوان حبيش، عدا اشكالية المقعد الشيعي في جبيل على خلفية ترشيح حزب الله لحسين زعيتر وما رتبه هذا الامر من تداعيات. اغلب الهواجس العونية ان الدائرة هي دائرة الرئيس ميشال عون التي حقق فيها تسونامي مسيحي كبير في الدورات الماضية جرف معه نوابا وعائلات واحزاب تسعى اليوم الى منازلة فريق الرئيس وتحصيل ما فاتها في الاستحقاقات الماضية مثل المرشح فريد هيكل الخازن الذي يتحين الفرصة لرد الصاع لمن اخرجه من الحلبة السياسية في الدورات السابقة.
    اما جنوبا فالوضع هو الاكثر ارباكا بالنسبة الى العونيين، ففي جزين معركة طاحنة يقودها التيار للحفاظ على نوابه الثلاثة في وجه الرئيس نبيه بري الذي يريد "رد الصاع صاعين" لرئيس التيار الذي وصفه بالبلطجي، والواضح ان معركة جزين تتخطى المعركة الانتخابية ويغلب عليها وصف المعركة السياسية بين أمل والتيار بعد ان صارت العلاقة مقطوعة بالكامل بينهما رغم تواجدهما على اللوائح نفسها في بعض الدوائر وحيث يفصل بينهما حزب الله انتخابيا. ومعركة جزين يوليها باسيل اهتماما خاصا استلزم مصالحة بين مرشحيها الموارنة اولا وزيارات من فعاليات جزين الى بعبدا واتصالات مستمرة ومتابعة دقيقة مع حرص من التيار على الانتخابات في عروس الشلال التي يخوض فيها التيار دائما معارك قاسية ولا تشبه اي دائرة اخرى. المواجهة ليست جديدة في جزين فالتيار وحركة أمل صاروا اخصاما تاريخيين في هذا القضاء على مدى الدورات الماضية كلها، ومشكلة التيار اليوم ان بري وحزب الله يدعمان لائحة في مواجهة التيار وان تيار المستقبل يريد المقعد الكاثوليكي في جزين وباسيل يجد صعوبة في التنازل عنه.
    هواجس "جزين وكسروان والشمال الثالثة" لا تعني التقليل من اهمية دوائر اخرى يسعى البرتقالي الى الحفاظ عليها فالمعركة قاسية والتحالفات هجينة وغريبة تشبه "سفاح القربى" بين المتحالفين على اللائحة نفسها حيث كل فريق يسعى الى اغتصاب حصة الفريق الآخر، وهذا ما يجعل باسيل يدور الف دورة ويفاوض و"يناور" حتى الرمق الاخير.

Nonan

هذه الدوائر... تقلق جبران باسيل
    الحدث - الجمعة 16 آذار 2018 - 06:02 - مروى غاوي
    16-03-18-hadath.jpg

يشبه العونيون سائر الاحزاب والقوى السياسية التي تسعى الى الفوز في الدورة الانتخابية الراهنة والمتسابقة لحجز موقع متقدم في الاستحقاقات التي ستلي الانتخابات، لكن التيار الوطني الحر لا يشبه غيره في الكثير من النقاط وما هو مطلوب منه في المرحلة التالية كونه الفريق الاكثر التصاقا برئيس الجمهورية مما يضاعف المسؤوليات، "فان يخسر التيار في الانتخابات قبل الرئاسة شيىء وبعدها امر آخر"، فالتيار هو حزب رئيس الجمهورية او الداعم له وهو يسعى الى المحافظة على عديد كتلته الراهنة وعدم السماح بتقليصها ولكن المخاطر كبيرة في القانون النسبي الذي يحتوي الكثير من الافخاخ والالغام الانتخابية رغم انه قانون "صنع لدى التيار".
    وعليه فان رئيس التيار ضاعف من وتيرة حركته السياسية والانتخابية وهو في هذه المدة الفاصلة مرشح لان يزور كل الاقضية اللبنانية او ما تبقى منها لاستنهاض الحالة العونية وشد العصب المسيحي في الدوائر الحساسة، ولا ينكر عونيون ان المعركة على المنخار وهواجسهم تتركز في ثلاثة دوائر، الشمال الثالثة وجزين وكسروان، فالشمال الثالثة هي دائرة الوزير جبران باسيل التي يتطاحن فيها مع رئيس تيار المردة ورئيس القوات في معركة كسر"عضم" مسيحية تشكل فيها الشمال الثالثة بوابة عبور لاحد هؤلاء بعد الانتخابات الى رئاسة الجمهورية. معركة باسيل لا تتمثل بالربح الشخصي في هذه الدائرة لان فوزه محسوم في البترون نظرا للحالة التي اسسها رئيس التيار في قضاء البترون متكلا على وضع التيار في الدولة وفي الوزارات والمؤسسات القوية، بل كون باسيل يسعى الى ان يكون الرقم الاول في البترون ويكون الى جانبه احد الفائزين من الدائرة.
    الهاجس الآخر لباسيل في الدائرة المتاخمة للشمال الثالثة المتمثلة بدائرة العميد شامل روكز وحلفائه في كسروان وجبيل، فالعميد روكز قد لا يحتاج الى الدعاءات الكبيرة ليفوز خصوصا وان صيته وشهرته في المغاوير هي بطاقة عبوره الى قلوب لبنانيين وكسروانيين كما ان لائحته مطعمة باقوياء كسروانيين من المرشح نعمة افرام ومنصور البون وشخصيات كسروانية وجبيلية، لكن هذا لا يكفي ولا يؤمن العبور السهل لكل اللائحة، اذ ان اللائحة تعرضت لهزات عنيفة تمثلت في حبل طويل من الاعتراضات العونية على ترشيحاتها وكاد الامر يتفاقم لولا تدخل مراجع عليا لحل الازمة التي نشأت مع رئيس بلدية جونية جوان حبيش، عدا اشكالية المقعد الشيعي في جبيل على خلفية ترشيح حزب الله لحسين زعيتر وما رتبه هذا الامر من تداعيات. اغلب الهواجس العونية ان الدائرة هي دائرة الرئيس ميشال عون التي حقق فيها تسونامي مسيحي كبير في الدورات الماضية جرف معه نوابا وعائلات واحزاب تسعى اليوم الى منازلة فريق الرئيس وتحصيل ما فاتها في الاستحقاقات الماضية مثل المرشح فريد هيكل الخازن الذي يتحين الفرصة لرد الصاع لمن اخرجه من الحلبة السياسية في الدورات السابقة.
    اما جنوبا فالوضع هو الاكثر ارباكا بالنسبة الى العونيين، ففي جزين معركة طاحنة يقودها التيار للحفاظ على نوابه الثلاثة في وجه الرئيس نبيه بري الذي يريد "رد الصاع صاعين" لرئيس التيار الذي وصفه بالبلطجي، والواضح ان معركة جزين تتخطى المعركة الانتخابية ويغلب عليها وصف المعركة السياسية بين أمل والتيار بعد ان صارت العلاقة مقطوعة بالكامل بينهما رغم تواجدهما على اللوائح نفسها في بعض الدوائر وحيث يفصل بينهما حزب الله انتخابيا. ومعركة جزين يوليها باسيل اهتماما خاصا استلزم مصالحة بين مرشحيها الموارنة اولا وزيارات من فعاليات جزين الى بعبدا واتصالات مستمرة ومتابعة دقيقة مع حرص من التيار على الانتخابات في عروس الشلال التي يخوض فيها التيار دائما معارك قاسية ولا تشبه اي دائرة اخرى. المواجهة ليست جديدة في جزين فالتيار وحركة أمل صاروا اخصاما تاريخيين في هذا القضاء على مدى الدورات الماضية كلها، ومشكلة التيار اليوم ان بري وحزب الله يدعمان لائحة في مواجهة التيار وان تيار المستقبل يريد المقعد الكاثوليكي في جزين وباسيل يجد صعوبة في التنازل عنه.
    هواجس "جزين وكسروان والشمال الثالثة" لا تعني التقليل من اهمية دوائر اخرى يسعى البرتقالي الى الحفاظ عليها فالمعركة قاسية والتحالفات هجينة وغريبة تشبه "سفاح القربى" بين المتحالفين على اللائحة نفسها حيث كل فريق يسعى الى اغتصاب حصة الفريق الآخر، وهذا ما يجعل باسيل يدور الف دورة ويفاوض و"يناور" حتى الرمق الاخير.
    I etc it, it’s isn’t he smart enough to make this work?

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    of course rahmé and ferzli
    Bou saab is already inn. Ghassan elahkar no way to be in.Maybe in koura we will have one, if we worl with Kawmieh. But is eems taht Kawmieh are with Marada and Harb.
    so may shyou3ieh and FM will vote with us and kowat in koura.

Its not 2005 again, but the popularity of the party is down be it from 2005 or 2009. Its unfortunately the case, and why we are fighting to keep the same numbers of MP rather then adding.

JB81

Legendary Member
    The way it is going; FPM is being cornered in every district so far. Hariri's move in Akkar is alerting if he ended up taking LF candidate. Will see in coming days if the 3ahed is being targeted thru the alliances.

JB81

Legendary Member
    It is more than fair to say that FPM is left alone and being fought by all major parties to minimize FPM size in order to slow down President Aoun.

Needed FM in Akkar and Bekaa.... most of the seats were given to LF... which is ok as FM and LF were allies for a long time, plus that LF have some Christian representation overall.

What was a true backstab came from none but HA. Hidding behind Berri, HA made sure that FPM doesn't get any seat in HA strongholds; Marje3youn, Baalbak, West Bekaa; HA went to take FPM Jezzine mps.
    If I was Bassil, I would've withdrawal from Baabda and Beirut 2 stupid same list.

Last thing, what HA did to FPM will not go unoticed for FPM base. The trust is broken and if HA wants a weak President and FPM, tekram 3youno... this election is passed FPM base, but in the next election, if HA doesn't correct the mistakes against President Aoun and FPM for the same Berri bla bla bla; Chritians will have enough, and shouldn't be surprised if LF walks in with 20 or 30 mps in 4 years.