• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Is it possible to book flights in LBP?

mike_289

Hey guys,

I am new here and I am traveling quite a bit year round. I am about to plan my 2021 trips and would like to book my flights in LBP.

Maybe some guys of you could help me a bit, which would be much appreciated :)

Is it still possible to book flights in LBP? Also out of Europe or Asia? What are the requirements these days?

Thanks a lot!

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hey guys,

I am new here and I am traveling quite a bit year round. I am about to plan my 2021 trips and would like to book my flights in LBP.

Maybe some guys of you could help me a bit, which would be much appreciated :)

Is it still possible to book flights in LBP? Also out of Europe or Asia? What are the requirements these days?

Thanks a lot!

No, I called MEA the other day, and they told me that I needed to pay in USD cash or with an international credit card.

There are some travel agencies who accept LBP payments but they double the price of the flight.
For example, instead of paying $500 in cash, you would pay $800 at the 3,900 rate.
But I think it would still turn out to be cheaper.

I can inbox you the name of the agency ta ma tbayyin di3ayeh.

Last edited:

mike_289

Hey :)
I also just called a travel agency and they quoted me a rate of 5,000 per USD. She also said outside of Lebanon she can most likely only get flights priced out in LBP out of Abu Dhabi on Etihad.

Even if they price it out with 5,000 it should be still cheaper assuming you can exchange USD for 8k+ :)

This site Alternative Airlines | Book Flights on 100s of Airlines seems to let you book in LBP for 1515. Did anyone try it with their local LBP credit card?

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hey :)
I also just called a travel agency and they quoted me a rate of 5,000 per USD. She also said outside of Lebanon she can most likely only get flights priced out in LBP out of Abu Dhabi on Etihad.

Even if they price it out with 5,000 it should be still cheaper assuming you can exchange USD for 8k+ :)

This site Alternative Airlines | Book Flights on 100s of Airlines seems to let you book in LBP for 1515. Did anyone try it with their local LBP credit card?

LBP credit cards don't work online. And this website is probably just showing you the price in your local currency.
You'd still have to pay the equivalent in $ though.

mike_289

Well, I did try to book on the site and they indeed bill you in LBP but I have used an international credit card for it. Yet if local LBP credit cards cannot be used online, then there is no point anyways. Would have been nice to save a bit ;)