Question Is Lebanon under a possible nuclear threat from Israel?

God Forbid, but if Hezbollah becomes a very serious existential threat to Israel's existence, what stops Israel from employing advanced/restrictive nukes to flatten Lebanon or at least very destructive bombers or chemical weapons? (Israel is reported to have used chemical weapons, but let's not argue over that).

By a very serious existential threat, I mean Hezbollah achieves missiles with high accuracy than can hit any target in Israel such as skyscrapers, oil pumpjacks, electricity power-plants and nuclear facilities. In addition to Hezbollah attaining nerve agent chemicals that can be lunged on populated areas (which are reported to have been used in Syria, but let's not go into a discussion on who used them). (They're very illegal but rather easy to prepare in not very pure forms. Even a beginner chemist can cook nerve chemical agents from certain seeds).

Would Israel bother with UN regulations at that point? Would it explain its move with something similar to a Hiroshima apologetic: That it was necessary to avoid heavy bloodshed among its people?

I do not mean to scare you or heighten your paranoia. However, I have been reading Israeli Twitter accounts stating that Israel won't go easy if a next war with Hezbollah was to occur. And so I believe it's a good idea to invest in a bunker/panic room in Lebanon where you store bullion, weapons and many cans of soup for survival purposes.

Furthermore, Hezbollah's ultimate goal (based on new statements from Nasrallah) is to scare Israelis away so that they leave the Middle East. However, is that a realistic expectation or would they rather employ all their military power before that ever happens?

Thoughts...

• Advertisement
  • lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Well, the ammonia tanks and nuclear facilities are also within the reach of HA's rockets. This happened already.

So nuke Lebanon =nuke Israel

mrsrx

Orange Room Supporter
    Would be an extremely dumb move politically and may result in adverse effects on the country itself. Nuclear bombs are an unusable weapon in this kind of war....i hope.

Well, the ammonia tanks and nuclear facilities are also within the reach of HA's rockets. This happened already.

So nuke Lebanon =nuke Israel
    Why would Israel expose itself in such manner? You don't believe those are actually secured facilities that go underground? And how exactly would Hezbollah reach underground bunkers or hit specific targets with its primitive missile technology?

Would be an extremely dumb move politically and may result in adverse effects on the country itself. Nuclear bombs are an unusable weapon in this kind of war....i hope.
    Israel might go instead for heavy demolition and WoMD. But I'm not sure whether in the next coming war it will involve Smaller Lebanon (Mt Lebanon area) which is mostly anti-Hezbollah.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Why would Israel expose itself in such manner? You don't believe those are actually secured facilities that go underground? And how exactly would Hezbollah reach underground bunkers or hit specific targets with its primitive missile technology?
    By now, Israel should have learnt the lesson to never ever underestimate HA (or fail to predict what they may do) if they do not wish to be humiliated for a 3rd time after 2000 and 2006 (despite their primitive technology which only increases Israel's humiliation by the way)

By now, Israel should have learnt the lesson to never ever underestimate HA (or fail to predict what they may do) if they do not wish to be humiliated for a 3rd time after 2000 and 2006 (despite their primitive technology which only increases Israel's humiliation by the way)
    No, Israel hasn't learnt that lesson from 2006. It still underestimates Hezbollah to a great degree and overestimates its personal proficiency. When Hezbollah is clearly stronger than ever in terms of military capabilities. Nonetheless, Hezbollah's approval ratings in Lebanon have plunged after the incidents of 2008. Therefore, Israel might employ a successful "divide" tactic and turn Smaller Lebanon against Hezbollah. But I don't see Israel having any ambition of conquest with the problems it already suffers from Palestinians.

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    God Forbid, but if Hezbollah becomes a very serious existential threat to Israel's existence, what stops Israel from employing advanced/restrictive nukes to flatten Lebanon or at least very destructive bombers or chemical weapons? (Israel is reported to have used chemical weapons, but let's not argue over that).

By a very serious existential threat, I mean Hezbollah achieves missiles with high accuracy than can hit any target in Israel such as skyscrapers, oil pumpjacks, electricity power-plants and nuclear facilities. In addition to Hezbollah attaining nerve agent chemicals that can be lunged on populated areas (which are reported to have been used in Syria, but let's not go into a discussion on who used them). (They're very illegal but rather easy to prepare in not very pure forms. Even a beginner chemist can cook nerve chemical agents from certain seeds).

Would Israel bother with UN regulations at that point? Would it explain its move with something similar to a Hiroshima apologetic: That it was necessary to avoid heavy bloodshed among its people?

I do not mean to scare you or heighten your paranoia. However, I have been reading Israeli Twitter accounts stating that Israel won't go easy if a next war with Hezbollah was to occur. And so I believe it's a good idea to invest in a bunker/panic room in Lebanon where you store bullion, weapons and many cans of soup for survival purposes.

Furthermore, Hezbollah's ultimate goal (based on new statements from Nasrallah) is to scare Israelis away so that they leave the Middle East. However, is that a realistic expectation or would they rather employ all their military power before that ever happens?

Thoughts...
    No nuclear threat since the radiation effect will touch not only Lebanese citizens but Israelis also, as well as the UN soldiers protecting Israhell's borders and all the international forces present in Syria... So relax...

No nuclear threat since the radiation effect will touch not only Lebanese citizens but Israelis also, as well as the UN soldiers protecting Israhell's borders and all the international forces present in Syria... So relax...
    Don't be so sure. There are nukes that produce mostly neutrons. Therefore, they annihilate the attack zone, but leave normal radiation levels. You might be interested in Zero-radiation nuclear bomb?

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    What's your take on Hezbollah's power? Is it a serious existential threat to Israel as it stands now or could stand in 10 years or so?
    I really don't care about Israel's existence, all what I care about is my country's sovereignty, independence and freedom. Israel is the reason why Hezbollah is here, and they can only blame themselves...

Iron Maiden

You dont throw a nuke rught next to your border unless u plan to move the whole of galilee to the negev desert, and even then good luck

Iron Maiden

Don't be so sure. There are nukes that produce mostly neutrons. Therefore, they annihilate the attack zone, but leave normal radiation levels. You might be interested in Zero-radiation nuclear bomb?
    Biggest myth of modern urban legends, nuclear fission is not clean and will always leave behind radioactive residue.

So again the closer u are to israel the safer you are from there their nuclear weapons.

Maroun el rass is a zillion times safer than tahran if u think about it

You dont throw a nuke rught next to your border unless u plan to move the whole of galilee to the negev desert, and even then good luck
    There's truth to this. However, Israel is said to have tactical nukes that do not cause a lot of damage outside of their attack zone and do not cover a lot of land. This is not a new technology to begin with. This might interest you... . There was also rumors of Israel already using them (although they're conspiracy theories at this stage). Russian News Site Accuses Israel of Using Tactical Nukes In Airstrike Against Syria

Biggest myth of modern urban legends, nuclear fission is not clean and will always leave behind radioactive residue.

So again the closer u are to israel the safer you are from there their nuclear weapons.

Maroun el rass is a zillion times safer than tahran if u think about it
    This might interest you... Denton, “The Third Nuclear Age: How I Learned to Start Worrying About the Clean Bomb”; James M Acton, “Supplement to Hypersonic Boost-Glide Weapons”, online supplemental material to article published in Science & Global Security 23, Issue 3 (2015), http://scienceandglobalsecurity.org/archive/sgs23acton_app.pdf.

There are clean bombs (not entirely clean but very controlled). Basically, fusion reactions that result in minimal radiation fallout Israelis will be in bunkers anyway during war. So would not really be bothered with such radiation.