• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Is love, as we know it, just an illusion?

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
MA daroure
Believe in that sister Rita life will taste better. Be innocent a little bit but not naïve. Naïveté est un péché en chrétienté mais non pas l’innocence

• Advertisement
  • J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Only @Iron Maiden figured out what is love?
    :lol:

He may enlighten here again if he feels so inclined :)

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Only @Iron Maiden figured out what is love?
    :lol:

He may enlighten here again if he feels so inclined :)
    Ana ktachafto ablo is having fun add to that bado y2adem cv for his sexual life chou wa7ad be 3ich drama ntgh is perfect but wa7ad bekoun 2ader yekhla2 chi yen3ach fi

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Ana ktachafto ablo is having fun add to that bado y2adem cv for his sexual life chou wa7ad be 3ich drama ntgh is perfect but wa7ad bekoun 2ader yekhla2 chi yen3ach fi
    That's like giving someone homework :)

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

I'm 34 and have never been in a relationship or experienced love. Truth be told, I don't even understand what love is.
    There were times in my life were I thought I was in love, but upon deeper reflection, I think it was mostly teenage infatuation.
    Every time I "loved" someone, it was because that person was really attractive or because they lived up to the image of the perfect partner I had created in my mind.
    I've never had any romantic feelings for someone I wasn't physically attracted to.

Love is often described as magical feeling that manifests unplanned. But isn't this "magical feeling" really just "physical attraction"?
    Is love the selfless spontaneous emotion that it is made out to be, or is it a selfish pursuit to satisfy our craving for companionship and intimacy? If you look at today's relationships, they all have one thing in common: A head-over-heels feeling that fades in intensity over the course of a year.
    After the passion wanes, many people choose to move on, unless they're compatible enough to make their relationship work.

All this has led me to the conclusion that love, particularly romantic love, does not exist.
    We all have a preconceived idea of what constitutes the ideal partner in terms of appearance, character, and social status.
    We all want want to meet someone who is cute, funny, smart, healthy, and successful.
    People do not involuntarily "fall in love". They choose and carefully plan whom to fall "in love" with.
    Therefore, I've come to believe that people do not love each other so much as the idea of love itself.

Sometimes you're lucky and your romantic interest turns out to be someone whom you can tolerate enough to spend your life with, and with time you get attached to each other, in the same way you get attached to your old friends. But IMHO, there is nothing such as "falling in love".

What are your thoughts on this?
    its different for many people.

what is the first thing that attracts you to a girl? woman?
    her features right? her eyes, her smile? her body etc.
    once that is covered then comes speaking to her and seeing how her personality and mind is. alot of girls which are pretty are dumb as. so being pretty or attractive doesnt mean she is wise. also attractive is in the eyes of the beholder. what you think is attractive could be a different person for me altogether.
    i for one simply cant stay with a girl that is beautiful but dumb as sh**.
    for me the love one has for his children and his wife is very different.
    for your children i gave them life gave them a heart beat they are something that is URS you feel like you own them. Your wife is not. She was raised by someone else, she comes with baggage etc. the only thing is that if this girl is right for u not the community, not the sect, not the family, not kha**. just for u. pretty girl in your eyes, heart and mind click then go for it.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    its different for many people.

what is the first thing that attracts you to a girl? woman?
    her features right? her eyes, her smile? her body etc.
    once that is covered then comes speaking to her and seeing how her personality and mind is. alot of girls which are pretty are dumb as. so being pretty or attractive doesnt mean she is wise. also attractive is in the eyes of the beholder. what you think is attractive could be a different person for me altogether.
    i for one simply cant stay with a girl that is beautiful but dumb as sh**.
    for me the love one has for his children and his wife is very different.
    for your children i gave them life gave them a heart beat they are something that is URS you feel like you own them. Your wife is not. She was raised by someone else, she comes with baggage etc. the only thing is that if this girl is right for u not the community, not the sect, not the family, not kha**. just for u. pretty girl in your eyes, heart and mind click then go for it.
    But there's one thing I keep thinking about:
    Everything you mentioned is what your guy perspective says about how she, the one you'd fall in love with, is to you. What if she has no interest whatsoever in your type? Like nil? Would that be a factor that affects your feelings about that person?
    Or it wouldn't play much role. You could still fall in love with someone who has zero feelings for you, only because that person processes qualities that attracts you?

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

But there's one thing I keep thinking about:
    Everything you mentioned is what your guy perspective says about how she, the one you'd fall in love with, is to you. What if she has no interest whatsoever in your type? Like nil? Would that be a factor that affects your feelings about that person?
    Or it wouldn't play much role. You could still fall in love with someone who has zero feelings for you, only because that person processes qualities that attracts you?
    ofcourse. if she has no feelings for me chou bade fiya? love never works if it is only one way. marriage without love is a waste of time. never do it. just wont work.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    ofcourse. if she has no feelings for me chou bade fiya? love never works if it is only one way. marriage without love is a waste of time. never do it. just wont work.
    I believe you.

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

I love my studies hayda love Kamen and my work...
    that's not love, that's you enjoying your hobby.
    Love is to welcome someone into your life and and give them a space in your heart
    where you don't feel disconnected

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

I'm 34 and have never been in a relationship or experienced love. Truth be told, I don't even understand what love is.
    There were times in my life were I thought I was in love, but upon deeper reflection, I think it was mostly teenage infatuation.
    Every time I "loved" someone, it was because that person was really attractive or because they lived up to the image of the perfect partner I had created in my mind.
    I've never had any romantic feelings for someone I wasn't physically attracted to.

Love is often described as magical feeling that manifests unplanned. But isn't this "magical feeling" really just "physical attraction"?
    Is love the selfless spontaneous emotion that it is made out to be, or is it a selfish pursuit to satisfy our craving for companionship and intimacy? If you look at today's relationships, they all have one thing in common: A head-over-heels feeling that fades in intensity over the course of a year.
    After the passion wanes, many people choose to move on, unless they're compatible enough to make their relationship work.

All this has led me to the conclusion that love, particularly romantic love, does not exist.
    We all have a preconceived idea of what constitutes the ideal partner in terms of appearance, character, and social status.
    We all want want to meet someone who is cute, funny, smart, healthy, and successful.
    People do not involuntarily "fall in love". They choose and carefully plan whom to fall "in love" with.
    Therefore, I've come to believe that people do not love each other so much as the idea of love itself.

Sometimes you're lucky and your romantic interest turns out to be someone whom you can tolerate enough to spend your life with, and with time you get attached to each other, in the same way you get attached to your old friends. But IMHO, there is nothing such as "falling in love".

Love exists and it is exactly what you described in the beginning of your post. yet, later on you negated yourself by claiming it doesn't exist because you
    chose the definition of how women describe "love"= benefits. The definition of true love relies with men only, not women.
    Women don't know the definition of what "true love" is, they only see a guy from an Instagram perspective.

A woman will paint her ideal boyfriend by copying her girlfriend's instagram or facebook image of what an ideal boyfriend and couple should look like.
    in short women copy each others because they are jealous by nature. For this reason it is up to you, as a man, to define how a relationship should look like
    and if that girl agree then she's worth your effort, if not leave her be. Never allow a woman to lead or decide on the relationship or dictates the rules of
    engagements, else you'll be disappointed.

If you spot woman who make it clear to you that she's the boss, leave her, no matter how attractive she is, you won't be happy with her because in reality,
    such woman doesn't know what she's doing and most of them end up being divorced or separated.

I do perfectly understand your needs and it's not wrong at all, in fact you're a very good person inside. People, in general love to wear a mask and live a lie.
    I don't see this wickedness in you. Your approach on love by physical attraction is the most sincere way in expressing oneself feelings and this is exactly what paves the way for true love. You're fascinated by a person and this person attracts you like a magnet that you are ready to sacrifice some of your personal space to accommodate them and do whatever in your capabilities to please them, which is the purest form of love that is based on sincere intentions, honesty and trust.

Although and unfortunately, most women prefer to live a lie rather than face reality. Here is where you should be rude to a woman to wake her up.
    If she's unattractive to you, don't hesitate to slam it in her face. Don't worry she'll be fine after sweeping rivers. As an alternative, you could propose
    to her a sexual relationship to satisfy and fulfill her needs until you've find your ideal woman, but make it clear to her from the beginning.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Love exists and it is exactly what you described in the beginning of your post. yet, later on you negated yourself by claiming it doesn't exist because you
    chose the definition of how women describe "love"= benefits. The definition of true love relies with men only, not women.
    Women don't know the definition of what "true love" is, they only see a guy from an Instagram perspective.

A woman will paint her ideal boyfriend by copying her girlfriend's instagram or facebook image of what an ideal boyfriend and couple should look like.
    in short women copy each others because they are jealous by nature. For this reason it is up to you, as a man, to define how a relationship should look like
    and if that girl agree then she's worth your effort, if not leave her be. Never allow a woman to lead or decide on the relationship or dictates the rules of
    engagements, else you'll be disappointed.

If you spot woman who make it clear to you that she's the boss, leave her, no matter how attractive she is, you won't be happy with her because in reality,
    such woman doesn't know what she's doing and most of them end up being divorced or separated.

I do perfectly understand your needs and it's not wrong at all, in fact you're a very good person inside. People, in general love to wear a mask and live a lie.
    I don't see this wickedness in you. Your approach on love by physical attraction is the most sincere way in expressing oneself feelings and this is exactly what paves the way for true love. You're fascinated by a person and this person attracts you like a magnet that you are ready to sacrifice some of your personal space to accommodate them and do whatever in your capabilities to please them, which is the purest form of love that is based on sincere intentions, honesty and trust.

Although and unfortunately, most women prefer to live a lie rather than face reality. Here is where you should be rude to a woman to wake her up.
    If she's unattractive to you, don't hesitate to slam it in her face. Don't worry she'll be fine after sweeping rivers. As an alternative, you could propose
    to her a sexual relationship to satisfy and fulfill her needs until you've find your ideal woman, but make it clear to her from the beginning.
    Thanks for the kind words, Hamido. Although, I don't endorse some of the misogynist statements you made in your post.

Houny

Houny

I broke up with my boyfriend on the night of January 1 to 2, love is shit when you are pisces.
    Hard to manage emotions when you are in a relationship, harder when you break up.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member

We all start having doubts that it’s an illusion until we find it, be patient.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

I broke up with my boyfriend on the night of January 1 to 2, love is shit when you are pisces.
    This is the FPM equivalent of "ma 5allouna neshteghil". They blame their failures on everyone else but themselves and you blame it on the moon, the stars and the intergalactic planets.