1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my body in shock from diet, health and fitness changes?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by feeder1980, Sep 9, 2013.

1. feeder1980

feeder1980 New Member

I have always been really unhealthy, and I am also 15 years old, turning 16 this month. Around 2 weeks ago, I joined a gym and started working out with my moms friend. He is a body builder and I plan on getting in shape to become a fitness competior in the future also. He has me doing an hour of cardio in the mornings, then I work out with him at night. I have changed my eating completely. But I am not on a diet. I am making this a healthy lifestyle. I have been eating cheeseburgers ( just meat and cheese), talipa, baked chicken, and some filet. I also eat nutrigrane bars and healthy wheat bars, fruit, salad, and a few more healthy snacks through out the day.. everyday! I don't over eat but I think sometimes I am under feeding my body. I do not think its getting the nutrients it needs but I am also not sure. I have been drinking pre work out drinks before working out also. Mostly white flood and extreme shock but all around 530 in the after noon. At night i become very mean, moody, I can never sleep, and have anxiety attacks. Could my body be in shock from all of the changes so fast, or is it something that i should have checked out?

thank you

[]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
  2. My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

71%
    The normal disclaimer: I'm neither a doctor, a health freak nor health adviser of any sort. I talk from only experience and common sense. In this case, your bodybuilding "mentor" is not the recommended model you should follow. From your description your body seems to be undergoing a multiple shock-morphosis. Do not panic, you already know the answer, anxiety attacks and other physical disruptions are not uncommon reactions under such conditions.

By trying to keep up with your friends tough exercising scheme in such a short time span and to which your body probably had needed months to adapt to, you have over-strained your body and this is what it is telling you: "Change me softly" !

In other words, do not rush in the change even if you'd love to. Slow it down a little. Start with your own exercising rhythm and capacities that fit your current physical preconditions and develop those as you gain strength and become more adapted to the tougher training.

3. Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7 Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter

100%
    I don't know anything about body building, but the mood swings you're suffering at night could be the result of too much sugar in your diet. If you're eating healthy then I'm assuming you're staying away from soft drinks (which every sane person should anyway). Do you eat deserts? Chocolate? Do you drink a lot of coffee? If not, then maybe your lifestyle is stressful and hectic. I applaud you for taking the conscious decision in improving your eating and lifestyl habits. I believe you'll see major improvements in the coming weeks if not days.

4. Kasparov

Kasparov Well-Known Member
    Orange Room Supporter

13%
    Anxiety attacks are normal with such a life style change, my advise is simple, stay away from steroids, hormons and fat burners (at least until your 30), cardio is important but resistance training is more important, learn how to breath when a panic / anxiety attack occurs and you will be just fine, last but not least READ about body building as much as you can do not depend on the information you get from your trainer alone.

5. Silence

Silence Well-Known Member
    Orange Room Supporter

14%
    I used to do some heavy strength training when I was your age. I still watch my fitness till now.
    An important thing to remember is that you're still growing at this age and that you should account for this in both your diet and lifestyle. Your body needs the fuel to grow.
    I agree with what the guys mentioned above and would like to add: SLEEP. you need your 8 hours to let your body do the work to fit your new lifestyle the lack of sleep is a major factor for mood troubles
    Try to vary your cardio (different machines and some outside jogging or long swims), your have to keep "surprising" your body.
    The only supplements your body may need are some regular multivitamin and some Magnesium (Magne B6 or equivalent) we, lebanese, usually lack some magnesiun.
    You may also take a protein shake with no additions, just whey, and 0 fat, but just one scoop 30 min after exercise: don't believe those muscular guys in the Gym who will recommend multiple things or overdose.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alexisloise

Alexisloise New Member

34%
    Hello

Do not forced your body to do some heavy stuff..,Do it slowly and regularly....