Is nabih berri finished?

• Advertisement
  • Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    We have this farm because of people who only think about their sect.
    And yes, political Maronism was much better than now, even though we shouldn't have a ruling sect. I would rather we have rotation in the top spots.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    PMA is wrong in calling this people 3azim.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Taef is a failure. The only good parts are the parity (which should stay for ever) and administrative decentralization. There's also the principle of rotation. I don't get why a certain spot should be reserved to a sect for ever? Alternate

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    :)

Check for example this link (there are many others) Civism definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary

My "mazra3a" seems to be very advanced in fact... If I were in your shoes I would zip it cos with every post you are writing here you are just confirming everything I wrote ;)
    You are a sectarian creature driven by instincts.

If today a modern state is proposed, you'd be among the first to oppose it.

You dont want a civil state, you dont want civil marriage, you don't want an end to the confessional system. You are just like the seesan of the Gmayyel family. Their dream is to make a sectarian revolution or to have others stage a revolution to empower their sectarian dream. Their definition of revolution is not one that could see a Druze or an Alawite become President or an Armenian become Prime Minister. You want a convenient way out to impose yourselves. You are the problem of Lebanon.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I would restore the power of the president, but he will have to be directly elected.

You are dreaming.

They wont want that. They are special creatures with premium privileges as citizens. They want a modern country where they are the leaders and only them. They dont see that their drive for privileges above the rest is the problem and source of discrimination.

I have all for restoring the presidential powers and for the president to be directly elected by the people and also the PM and Speaker. Whether they remain alotted to the present sectarian arrangement or not. They dont want a state. Everyone is playing games to achieve his sectarian dream of dominance.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    But to be fair, we Shias akalna caca un the 1943 and my parents would tell you that. We had no one to back us.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Also, the government never cared about the periphery.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And Christians should realize Lebanon can't be neutral like Switzerland. If the others want to play with us, what can we do to stop them? The army is weak and the country can be easily invaded, unlike Switzerland.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Also, the government never cared about the periphery.

BS and lies. the numbers show the exact opposite. When will you stop repeating senseless accusations.

I dare anyone to show data from 1920-1975 of schools, hospitals, clubs... developed in all of lebanon. I have the numbers. They are surprising.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    BS and lies. the numbers show the exact opposite. When will you stop repeating senseless accusations.

I dare anyone to show data from 1920-1975 of schools, hospitals, clubs... developed in all of lebanon. I have the numbers. They are surprising.
    Muslims did not value education as much as Maronites. That's why they struggled. But hey, I guess it's easier to call themselves "ma7roumeen" and blame it on the government?

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Muslims did not value education as much as Maronites. That's why they struggled. But hey, I guess it's easier to call themselves "ma7roumeen" and blame it on the government?
    The problem is religious. I finally got it.
    Nothing to do with negligence, social and economical development. It is only a cover and a myth spread to feed the rebellion against the maronites.

I have been researching lately the state and how it was managed pre 1975.

The only reason some maronites appeared to be doing well, is their early mass emigration and exodus, way before all the other sects, which built ties and external sources of income.

oldschool

oldschool

Maronites started doing better even under ottoman rule because they had trade ties with the french.

Hariri ruled and berri ruled for 40 years, are Tripoli and baalbak now the centers of middle east business?

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Maronites started doing better even under ottoman rule because they had trade ties with the french.

Hariri ruled and berri ruled for 40 years, are Tripoli and baalbak now the centers of middle east business?
    No.
    Taef destroyed everything. They were brought just to rob and destroy the country. Economic Harirism must die.
    And it doesn't help the Maronite that the French abandoned them and a lot of their politicians only care about money.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

I'm curious, do you have a link, source or anything?

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

No, Shias for example did not have the luxury or the money like their compatriots to be able to get a very western or good education. It has nothing to do with not showing any value to it. Wealth leads to education

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I agree

look at Bcharre and coronavirus for example. municipality took charge and made the decisions and now they are coronavirus free.

I don't get why people are afraid of smaller government and diffusing power to local states.
    That's because Bsharre ouwat. Also, Christian and clean.