Is nabih berri finished?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Minutes before the bus was massacred, 4 Lebanese were killed by your fellow PLos in front of a church, out of which Joseph Abou Assi was the first martyr to die on the hands of the Plo, the bus was massacred out of fear that the bus is carrying out another drive by shootings minutes after the first shooting, go get your facts straight we are not responsible for the start of the civil war, it is the illegal weapons in the hands of the palestinians and the Syrian undercover agents who were mainly Lebanese Muslims and Palestinian Muslims..
The Maronites have nothing to do with your misery, we were not doing any killings, before 1975, thousands of Lebanese Christians were kidnapped and killed in Tel Zaatar on check points way before 1975.
The PLO gunmen fired on the Phalangists killing 4 people.
The proper response would have been to bring the killers to justice or, in the worst scenario, fire back at the PLO.

The wise Phalanges leadership chose to respond by massacring 28 passengers (including women and children) who had nothing to do with the previous attack.

I insist. Maronites started the Civil War.

• Advertisement
  • Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    The proper response would have been to bring the killers to justice or, in the worst scenario, fire back at the PLO.

The wise Phalanges leadership chose to respond by massacring 28 passengers (including women and children) who had nothing to do with the previous attack.

No, it was full only of Palestinian armed men who were heading to Tal Elzaatar. كفى تزويراً للتاريخ. I am nor fond of Kataeb and I am sure they committed huge mistakes but truth has to be told.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

No, it was full only of Palestinian armed men who were heading to Tal Elzaatar. كفى تزويراً للتاريخ. I am nor fond of Kataeb and I am sure they committed huge mistakes but truth has to be told.
    They were civilians returning from a demonstration to Tel el Zaatar, because that's where they lived. There were many women and children on the bus.

And let's suppose there were armed PLO men among the passengers. This is no way justifies the Phalanges' response.
    After all, the presence of PLO in Lebanon was legitimized by the Maronites themselves.

What happened is that whenever the PLO attacked a Phalangist, the latter would respond by killing hundreds of Muslims because of their ID, turning what started as PLO-Phalanges skirmishes into a full-scale sectarian war.

How about you stop whitewashing history?

I

illusion84

The natural continuation of Moussa el Sadr’s project was Hezbollah and not Berri’s Amal.

It is true Berri inherited Amal movement from Sadr, but the seeds of an Iranian project in Lebanon were planted by the latter, and Hezbollah carried on the works Sadr began.
    For an "Anti Iran" fellow I don't think you know much about Iran or its project!
    First of all there is Iran ; and there is Khomeini Iran, Moussa El Sader has nothing to do with Khomeini Iran! You know the saying "know your enemy"; apparently you don't know much about yours...

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

For an "Anti Iran" fellow I don't think you know much about Iran or its project!
    First of all there is Iran ; and there is Khomeini Iran, Moussa El Sader has nothing to do with Khomeini Iran! You know the saying "know your enemy"; apparently you don't know much about yours...
    Moussa el Sader is the best thing that happened to Lebanon.
    I'm pretty sure the Lebanese far-Right had a hand in his disappearance. His calls for a secular state shattered the sectarian dreams of many.

Gaddafi did not benefit from hiding Al Sadr. Lebanon isn't on Libya's doorstep. He only did it as favor to the PLO. But the real benefiters from eliminating Sadr were the Phalanges/LFers and their likes.

A

Anti Iran

Sadr has nothing to do with Khomeini Iran ??
    your nickname suits you well.
    I can only wish for you for the coming year to live less under 'illusion"

A

Anti Iran

I'm pretty sure the Lebanese far-Right had a hand in his disappearance. His calls for a secular state shattered the sectarian dreams of many.

Gaddafi did not benefit from hiding Al Sadr. Lebanon isn't on Libya's doorstep. He only did it as favor to the PLO. But the real benefiters from eliminating Sadr were the Phalanges/LFers and their likes.
    I agree that Moussa el Sadr was a good thing for Lebanon.

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member

No, Nabih Berri and Assad regime conspired to kidnap him. Sadr was loyal to Shah

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    They were civilians returning from a demonstration to Tel el Zaatar, because that's where they lived. There were many women and children on the bus.

And let's suppose there were armed PLO men among the passengers. This is no way justifies the Phalanges' response.
    After all, the presence of PLO in Lebanon was legitimized by the Maronites themselves.

What happened is that whenever the PLO attacked a Phalangist, the latter would respond by killing hundreds of Muslims because of their ID, turning what started as PLO-Phalanges skirmishes into a full-scale sectarian war.

Not true, there were no civilians. I am not whitewashing anything, I am just stating facts. PLO was acting as if Lebanon is their own; they committed huge mistakes not only in Lebanon but also in Jordan before and later in Kuwait although these countries sacrificed a lot for the Palestinian cause and they finally accepted a mini state in the West Bank. Palestinians were behind all the disasters that happened to them.

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter

Palestinians didn't spend 6 years harassing Christians, cutting roads, blocking access to supplies.... Oh no.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If anything it's proof that Amal and Hizbullah appoint people according to their merit not how close they are to Berri or Nasrallah, contrary to FPM which claims to fight corruption but in reality resembles a family dictatorship.

Saad Hariri, Jibran Bassil, Sami Gemayel, Taymour Joumblat, Tony Frangieh, Michel Mouawad and Setrida Geagea have all inherited their positions.

There's only one sect not practicing nepotism today. It's Shiites.
    Who cares, when they are hindering the development of the state, while someone like Bassil is working for it.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    and it has to be said, it is quite perplexing that some people still subscribe to that ugly crap you have been spewing on the forum for a while now. not sure where this is coming from, but this is not an isolated case. you are not doing yourself any favors when you spew this load of crap.
    It is not perplexing at all. They believe islam has to rule the world. Any other scenario is unacceptable to them. They can't wrap their head around the fact that Christian Lebanese have managed to hold on to their self-determination.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Not true, there were no civilians. I am not whitewashing anything, I am just stating facts. PLO was acting as if Lebanon is their own; they committed huge mistakes not only in Lebanon but also in Jordan before and later in Kuwait although these countries sacrificed a lot for the Palestinian cause and they finally accepted a mini state in the West Bank. Palestinians were behind all the disasters that happened to them.
    Euh do you have the list of names and pictures of the victims?
    According to most reports at the time, there were women and children on the bus, as well as off-duty PLO members.

Later evidence has found that the drive-by shooting, which was earlier blamed on the PLO, was actually carried out by members from the SSNP. Which is further proof that the Bus Massacre was nothing short of a provocative attack against the PLO.

B

bachir1916

So if the PLO killed us they are not starting the civil war because we can bring them to justice, and if we killed them therefore we started the civil war????...Why did not the PLO bring the shooters to justice?
    Are you for real???
    The main point that the killers struck first and draw first blood, therefore they started the civil war and not the Falangist like you were saying, you cannot say the way it suits you.
    You seem that you do not want to understand what i am talking about!
    I am from ein el remaneh, and when they massacred the bus I was playing flipper on the corner "mrayet" where they build the statue of the virgin Mary a few years later, I had already told you that they fired at the bus out of fear that they were doing another drive by shooting just like the other drive by shooting that killed 4 people, the bus trips was very well know to transport arms to Tel El Zaatar and on too many occasion they used show the Ak47s from the windows, so they were known to carry arm, we have every right to defend ourselves.

B

bachir1916

You seem knowledgeable really, or may be you get your resources from the Safir newspaper...lol
    Bachir Gemayel was best friends with Moussa Sader foe your information.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

So if the PLO killed us they are not starting the civil war because we can bring them to justice, and if we killed them therefore we started the civil war????...Why did not the PLO bring the shooters to justice?
    Are you for real???
    The main point that the killers struck first and draw first blood, therefore they started the civil war and not the Falangist like you were saying, you cannot say the way it suits you.
    You seem that you do not want to understand what i am talking about!
    I am from ein el remaneh, and when they massacred the bus I was playing flipper on the corner "mrayet" where they build the statue of the virgin Mary a few years later, I had already told you that they fired at the bus out of fear that they were doing another drive by shooting just like the other drive by shooting that killed 4 people, the bus trips was very well know to transport arms to Tel El Zaatar and on too many occasion they used show the Ak47s from the windows, so they were known to carry arm, we have every right to defend ourselves.
    Those who attempted to kill Pierre Gemayel in the famous drive-by shooting turned out to be SSNP not PLO members.
    Most political analysts agree that the bus massacre was the triggering factor behind the Lebanese Civil War.

B

bachir1916

Those who attempted to kill Pierre Gemayel in the famous drive-by shooting turned out to be SSNP not PLO members.
    Most political analysts agree that the bus massacre was the triggering factor behind the Lebanese Civil War.
    No sir, the leader's name was Ali Asmar from Tel el Zaatar he also was a full time employee at the ice cream company Gelati Cortina in Dekwaneh

A

Anti Iran

please guys stick to the topic, that is, the end of the "Balta J."
    we do not want to restage the events of Ain el Remmaneh in this thread.

Thank you

S

Saj

Abbas Ibrahim or Jamil Sayed will be our next speaker and I’m fine with either especially Ibrahim. HA cannot take the position itself because too many western countries brand it a terrorist org, and we are not in a position where Lebanon can live without some western support. So it will not be a figure from their party.

Amal dominates the public sector and government jobs, so even though Berri’s death will be the beginning of the end for Amal, it will not be a fast end for Amal. 150,000 or however many Shia in government jobs are going to flock to whoever replaces Berri as head of Amal, but the big businessmen in Amal will probably go elsewhere. The thing is it’s a lot easier to crush Amal’s corruption when the whole system isn’t determined to keep Berri happy. Ali Hassan Khalil or whoever replaces Berri is doomed in the long term, but in the short term they’ll be OK.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Abbas Ibrahim or Jamil Sayed will be our next speaker and I’m fine with either especially Ibrahim. HA cannot take the position itself because too many western countries brand it a terrorist org, and we are not in a position where Lebanon can live without some western support. So it will not be a figure from their party.

Amal dominates the public sector and government jobs, so even though Berri’s death will be the beginning of the end for Amal, it will not be a fast end for Amal. 150,000 or however many Shia in government jobs are going to flock to whoever replaces Berri as head of Amal, but the big businessmen in Amal will probably go elsewhere. The thing is it’s a lot easier to crush Amal’s corruption when the whole system isn’t determined to keep Berri happy. Ali Hassan Khalil or whoever replaces Berri is doomed in the long term, but in the short term they’ll be OK.
    There isn't 150K shia in government jobs. Far from it actually. The whole government has 300K jobs. It is about 30% christian, 40% shia and 30% sunni and druze.