Is Samir Geagea Finished?

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Today you will see the popularity of the LF. If they can't muster thousands upon thousands of protesters then good bye LF. HA will see what it has done to the popularity of the man.
I detest the Geageais, but even I wouldn't derive too much from today's attendance. The core Geageais will remain Geageais, no matter what is happening in Lebanese pseudo-politics.

With elections coming up, however, it is not about the core support (for any party). It is about the big mass of swayable votes in the middle. This is why I think closing roads on people is a bad idea, especially when the motive is a party issue.

flag-waver

Legendary Member
I detest the Geageais, but even I wouldn't derive too much from today's attendance. The core Geageais will remain Geageais, no matter what is happening in Lebanese pseudo-politics.

With elections coming up, however, it is not about the core support (for any party). It is about the big mass of swayable votes in the middle. This is why I think closing roads on people is a bad idea, especially when the motive is a party issue.

Let see man today what will happen.

The_FPMer

You shouldn't detest anyone, this is the consequence of an exaggerated outlook of the other side. There's common ground to find between all supporters of political parties, no need to sequester ourselves.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
You shouldn't detest anyone, this is the consequence of an exaggerated outlook of the other side. There's common ground to find between all supporters of political parties, no need to sequester ourselves.
Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help
Falling in (hate) with you!

Viral

i think ja3ja3 is scared to go to yarze thinking they might arrest him regardless of his testimony, although if they did arrest him under the status of just being a "witness' would make him a "hero".
Two reasons: One he’s a coward and two he knows he ****ed up.

Having said that, I doubt they intend arresting him because they know better: First it’s illegal to arrest a witness and second, if they do they forfeit the port’s investigation since they give the other witnesses solid reason not so show up.

Either way, I wouldn’t want to be in Geagea shoes today. This picture of Rai running around to protect him exposes his vulnerabilities and reminds us how close he might be going back to jail. I wonder how his admirers feel about their idol hiding inside Rai’s black dress. My question to them, when was the last time Gibran Bassil hid inside a clergyman’s dress to protect him from going to jail…

Think about it!!!

1635319009899.png

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Internal means our mind, external means the actual Lebanese political system.
Oh. Deep.

Well actually, I'm not sure what to tell you. You're not wrong, of course. Maybe "detest" isn't the right word, because politics and strong emotions do not always go well together. The problem is that the issues in Lebanon transcend political disagreement and end up becoming a lot more personal and existential in nature. Not ideal, but this is also our reality, somewhat.

At the same time, anyone whose political alignment is motivated mainly by emotional bias is making a mistake, in my opinion. I dislike the Geageais, but this is almost wholly because we have very different approaches to almost every issue in Lebanon... And because I sincerely do not trust their intentions.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
!Rambo32 :cigar:
FCs6ZOhWQAksDPB

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
So, how was the gathering of Geageais today? Ma ba3attoulna wala soura... Was there a crowd?

Someone sent me a very funny video of three ultra-stereotypical Geageai Wranglers parked in the middle of the road, alone, looking lost as cars calmly drove past them. Wish I could share it here.