Is the liberal movement trying to emasculate men?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

The term "toxic masculinity" seems to be making the rounds in the news these days.
What's toxic masculinity, you ask? It is the idea that men can’t express emotion openly; that they have to be “tough all the time”; that anything other than that makes them “feminine” or weak. In other terms, conforming to the long-held social norms of masculinity.

Liberals are trying to challenge societal norms by encouraging men to embrace their sensitive, soft, and vulnerable side. (basically, act like a weak woman)

Recently, TV anchor Lara Spencer caused controversy on a global scale in 2019 when she mocked Prince George for taking ballet at school.
The following day, a mob of 300 male dancers showed up to support Prince George. (Does anyone notice any real "men" among the crowd? yeah, I thought so)
Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 12.03.03 AM.png

0f093a3fac2e803bfebe26a9a0090f0b.jpg

Honestly, when did it become socially OK for a boy to dance ballet or become a belly dancer?
And what father would rather see his son in a ballet troupe than on the national football team or armed forces?

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

so the liberal movement started before 1653 is what you are saying...its a long ass movement
    I'm only concerned with current events. Also, it's a well known that the kings of France used to be very flamboyant.
    Also, let's not make this about liberals vs conservatives. Can we change the title to "Is there a general trend to emasculate men"?

You're still avoiding the question, though. How would you like it if your son decided to become a professional belly dancer?

Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm only concerned with current events. Also, it's a well known that the kings of France used to be very flamboyant.
    Also, let's not make this about liberals vs conservatives. Can we change the title to "Is there a general trend to emasculate men"?

You're still avoiding the question, though. How would you like it if your son decided to become a professional belly dancer?
    I am not avoiding the question im just asking to timebox it as at somepoint the trend was machoism others were to become more feminin

for emasculation some might call it back to the roots as Eunuchs were familiar figures in the Assyrian Empire(ca. 850 until 622 BC)

Male belly dancers were comon before 1850s so again back to the roots

i do not understand whose master plan is it? please explain

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I am not avoiding the question im just asking to timebox it as at somepoint the trend was machoism others were to become more feminin

for emasculation some might call it back to the roots as Eunuchs were familiar figures in the Assyrian Empire(ca. 850 until 622 BC)

Male belly dancers were comon before 1850s so again back to the roots

i do not understand whose master plan is it? please explain
    So just because something was common at some point in time, that makes it acceptable?
    You know cannibalism was widely practiced in Africa. Does that make it OK?

You're way off-topic.

Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So just because something was common at some point in time, that makes it acceptable?
    You know cannibalism was widely practiced in Africa. Does that make it OK?

You're way off-topic.
    Maybe it is acceptable maybe it is not...you tell me! who knows!
    Screenshot_20190829-234254__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190829-234235__01.jpg

because im lost on the premise is it because you feel bad in your skin? need acknowledgement?

the whole thread this is not clear and you are failing to provide us with enough information to understand the premise.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Maybe it is acceptable maybe it is not...you tell me! who knows!
    View attachment 13225

View attachment 13226

because im lost on the premise is it because you feel bad in your skin? need acknowledgement?

the whole thread this is not clear and you are failing to provide us with enough information to understand the premise.
    I only access Grindr to conduct interviews and collect data I can use in my academic research.
    Also, what's being gay got to do with being less manly?
    Homosexuality and masculinity are not mutually exclusive.

Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I only access Grindr to conduct interviews and collect data I can use in my academic research.
    Also, what's being gay got to do with being less manly?
    Homosexuality and masculinity are not mutually exclusive.
    same applies to belly dancing...i guess no?
    or do we want to be like kandahar?

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    Damn even male insecurity they want to blame on liberalism.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

same applies to belly dancing...i guess no?
    or do we want to be like kandahar?
    This is not about banning men from activities that are traditionally associated with women. It's a free country, they're not harming anyone (except maybe our eyes).
    I'm simply questioning some people's efforts to redefine "masculinity."

Can a man cry or belly dance and still be a considered a real man?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

so you answered your question. case closed
    Again you missed the point. This is not about banning anyone from dancing.
    This is about the sneaky attempts of feminists and liberals to change the way we perceive masculinity.
    Like the #metoo movement made it OK for women to accuse any men without any evidence,
    they #toxicmasculinity movement is making it unacceptable for men to act like real men.

This is called social engineering, and it is being led by a bunch of feminists with armpit hair, who haven't gotten laid in a while.

Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Again you missed the point. This is not about banning anyone from dancing.
    This is about the sneaky attempts of feminists and liberals to change the way we perceive masculinity.
    Like the #metoo movement made it OK for women to accuse any men without any evidence,
    they #toxicmasculinity movement is making it unacceptable for men to act like real men.

This is called social engineering, and it is being led by a bunch of feminists with armpit hair, who haven't gotten laid in a while.
    No this thread is about the history and trends of men's fashionware and dance habits.
    If we start to change the subject we might aswell make it on why you constantly change the thread or about how unclear you are on what you intend to discuss.

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    This is not about banning men from activities that are traditionally associated with women. It's a free country, they're not harming anyone (except maybe our eyes).
    I'm simply questioning some people's efforts to redefine "masculinity."

Can a man cry or belly dance and still be a considered a real man?
    You think an emotional response associated with pain, sadness and sometimes happiness, or a type of dance, are what makes a man, a man?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

No this thread is about the history and trends of men's fashionware and dance habits.
    If we start to change the subject we might aswell make it on why you constantly change the thread or about how unclear you are on what to intend to discuss.
    Really? You derailed the thread and now you're accusing me of being unclear? :/
    Please reread the question.