• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Is the liberal movement trying to emasculate men?

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
Social influences never stop, some people are effectively changing them. Influencing your children, or society influencing children, or school systems, or teachers etc. influencing children is not going to stop, it is impossible and against nature. What we see as preferable, acceptable, accepted, etc. is in part shaped by these influencers. If we can all accept this, we can then have real conversation about the essence of this thread, but unfortunately this is hard to achieve these days.

• Advertisement
  • Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    I think you have a fairly restricted view of masculinity or femininity. For many men, sex is when they are most vulnerable. It ain't all about "taking a submissive position"; remember, a lot of the times men have to perform for the pleasure of women. :) Suddenly the tables are turned, aren't they? Sex isn't necessarily women being "submissive" to men. That may not rhyme with a mind conditioned with seeing men superior, but this is where your point of view is coming from, and not the other way around.
    At the end of the day, the most perfect union is the equal one. Usually everything else stems from insecurity and a feeling of inferiority.
    While Females are equal to males and respected, males are the dominant sex, and no amount of Political Correctness will change that.

@AtheistForJesus is right in bringing this topic up, because the global left is actually using this "toxic masculinity" to attack Christians values in the West, and strong Men are usually their favorite targets...

The Three Religions Are Clear on this topic, and there is amount of Political Correctness will change that. Period.

Here are a few quotes from the new Testament that has similar if not stronger quotes from Quran, and Old Testament.
    Ephesians 5:22
    “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.”

1 Peter 3:7
    “Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.”

1 Timothy 2:11-15
    “Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.”

Ephesians 5:23
    "For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior"

Please dont be confused. This gender confusion has been the reason for downfall of many societies, including the the Roman Empire. This is an important thread, not intended to offend anyone but to clearly tell the TRUTH. We can not be confused about this topic.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    While Females are equal to males and respected, males are the dominant sex, and no amount of Political Correctness will change that.

@AtheistForJesus is right in bringing this topic up, because the global left is actually using this "toxic masculinity" to attack Christians values in the West, and strong Men are usually their favorite targets...

The Three Religions Are Clear on this topic, and there is amount of Political Correctness will change that. Period.

Here are a few quotes from the new Testament that has similar if not stronger quotes from Quran, and Old Testament.
    “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.”

“Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.”

“Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.”

"For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior"

Please dont be confused. This gender confusion has been the reason for downfall of many societies, including the the Roman Empire. This is an important thread, not intended to offend anyone but to clearly tell the TRUTH. We can not be confused about this topic.
    These are antiquated notions. I am opposed to today's version of feminism insanity, but these quotes are not the answer to it.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    It’s ultimately about confidence. Life and women are constantly testing man, and the greater the confidence, the greater the man, and the greater his success.
    Confidence in what?

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

It is better that you do not quote the New Testament if you're only going to quote it partially, regarding a topic.

There are enough people who wrongly think that the Christian doctrine is sexist. There is no need to misinform them further.

The teachings of the Church are clear: a woman should submit to her husband AND a husband should love his wife as Jesus loves his Church. Jesus was tortured and died for his Church. If your husband loves you that much, he will place your well-being above his own, so by submitting to him, you are not putting yourself in a lesser position. You are just letting him take care of you.

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    It is better that you do not quote the New Testament if you're only going to quote it partially, regarding a topic.

There are enough people who wrongly think that the Christian doctrine is sexist. There is no need to misinform them further.

The teachings of the Church are clear: a woman should submit to her husband AND a husband should love his wife as Jesus loves his Church. Jesus was tortured and died for his Church. If your husband loves you that much, he will place your well-being above his own, so by submitting to him, you are not putting yourself in a lesser position. You are just letting him take care of you.
    I agree with everything you said. no question.

In my defense, my quotes were complete and all agree with what you said. I quoted several verses to show that liberalism wants to neuter Christian males, in order to adavnce the false LGBTQ narrative.

I dont care what the "world" thinks about Christian Doctrine being sexist. Trust me, the "world" is wrong. We are not sexist. Men and Women are equal but also different in many ways which is what the versus clearly highlight, and which is what you said.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    Some of you have to ask yourself why do you need to feel you're superior and women need to be submissive for you to feel as men? Why is it that when women are treated equally, you feel that you are emasculated? The answer probably lies within your own insecurities about your manhood and not with anything that has to do with liberals doing bla bla bla. For too long, the notion of masculinity rested on privilege and discrimination. And that is what is meant with "toxic masculinity". When your social privilege is threatened, you feel your identities are threatened because you have been conditioned to link the two.

BTW lol @ quoting the NT. More reason to ditch this bigoted book. I mean, there are also passages condoning slavery, so...

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I agree with everything you said. no question.

In my defense, my quotes were complete and all agree with what you said. I quoted several verses to show that liberalism wants to neuter Christian males, in order to adavnce the false LGBTQ narrative.
    The current narratives on gender and sexuality are disastrous. However, there were many mistakes made in the past as well. We don't want to go back to the days when men exploited and subjugated women, or when homosexual behaviour was criminalized.

It's ok to say that men and women are different; but, it's not ok to use those differences to disrespect or mistreat one another.

It's ok for Christians to say that some behaviours are sinful; but, it's not ok to distespect or mistreat those who sin.

I dont care what the "world" thinks about Christian Doctrine being sexist. Trust me, the "world" is wrong. We are not sexist. Men and Women are equal but also different in many ways which is what the versus clearly highlight, and which is what you said.
    As Christians, it is our duty to present an accurate picture of our faith to the world.

We can't just say: "they are wrong." We have to show them how and why they are wrong.

What they do with that information is up to them.

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    Some of you have to ask yourself why do you need to feel you're superior and women need to be submissive for you to feel as men? Why is it that when women are treated equally, you feel that you are emasculated? The answer probably lies within your own insecurities about your manhood and not with anything that has to do with liberals doing bla bla bla. For too long, the notion of masculinity rested on privilege and discrimination. And that is what is meant with "toxic masculinity". When your social privilege is threatened, you feel your identities are threatened because you have been conditioned to link the two.

BTW lol @ quoting the NT. More reason to ditch this bigoted book. I mean, there are also passages condoning slavery, so...
    No one is threatened or has insecurities...

@jorge: You can have your LGBTQ lifestyle if you want, Just keep it away from our sights and know that we don't accept it or condone it.

Toxic Masculinity is a made up word that sprung up in the last few years by Left wing Feminist Lesbians to attack God fearing males...I have never heard anyone mention it seriously unless they were some left wing lesbian (usually very very ugly)...

Also, perhaps you are confusing the NT with the practice of slavery in Islam? Where is the bigotry in the 4 verses that I quoted. On the contrary, it is the ultimate respect for women.

@jorge: You are confused soul. Seek some help.

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    The current narratives on gender and sexuality are disastrous. However, there were many mistakes made in the past as well. We don't want to go back to the days when men exploited and subjugated women, or when homosexual behaviour was criminalized.

It's ok to say that men and women are different; but, it's not ok to use those differences to disrespect or mistreat one another.

It's ok for Christians to say that some behaviours are sinful; but, it's not ok to distespect or mistreat those who sin.

As Christians, it is our duty to present an accurate picture of our faith to the world.

We can't just say: "they are wrong." We have to show them how and why they are wrong.

What they do with that information is up to them.
    I agree. But there is no scenario that as a Christian I can condone LGBTQ lifestyle. None. I am not going to criminalize it, but also I can not accept it as being mainstream. I also, can not accept the hijacking of the word marriage to mean anything but a holy union between a man and a woman.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member

@jorge: You can have your LGBTQ lifestyle if you want, Just keep it away from our sights and know that we don't accept it or condone it.

Toxic Masculinity is a made up word that sprung up in the last few years by Left wing Feminist Lesbians to attack God fearing males...I have never heard anyone mention it seriously unless they were some left wing lesbian (usually very very ugly)...

Also, perhaps you are confusing the NT with the practice of slavery in Islam? Where is the bigotry in the 4 verses that I quoted. On the contrary, it is the ultimate respect for women.

lol, how did an argument about how women need to be submissive to men (because duh, the NT said so) turned to be about LGBT lifestyle (and a bunch of personal insults)? How do you even know what my lifestyle is?

This is really about you and your identity as a man that you feel can only exist if you subjugate women, and not about LGBT. I feel sorry for you, and the rest of the "sensitive" men who feel an equal partnership is a threat to their masculinity and can only see themselves as men when they have someone to subjugate; you are missing a whole lot on what a good and healthy relationship is. You too are a victim of toxic masculinity. :(

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    lol, how did an argument about how women need to be submissive to men (because duh, the NT said so) turned to be about LGBT lifestyle (and a bunch of personal insults)? How do you even know what my lifestyle is?

This is really about you and your identity as a man that you feel can only exist if you subjugate women, and not about LGBT. I feel sorry for you, and the rest of the "sensitive" men who feel an equal partnership is a threat to their masculinity and can only see themselves as men when they have someone to subjugate; you are missing a whole lot on what a good and healthy relationship is. You too are a victim of toxic masculinity. :(
    No where did I mention subjugating women. no where. You keep using these words when I clearly said the opposite. You regurgitate a false narrative. Christianity treats women as full equals, but also outlines roles for males, and roles for females that are consistent with the order of creation, as well as strengths and weaknesses. Liberals are adamant about blurring these lines. Read the verses, and stop throwing big words that mean nothing.

Instead of attacking the New testament, I implore to go and try the reform this antiquated institution that is called Sunni Islam that you so proudly profess to be a member of. A religion that enslaves people today, and treats women legally as 2nd and 3rd class citizens.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    No where did I mention subjugating women. no where. You keep using these words when I clearly said the opposite. You regurgitate a false narrative. Christianity treats women as full equals, but also outlines roles for males, and roles for females that are consistent with the order of creation, as well as strengths and weaknesses. Liberals are adamant about blurring these lines. Read the verses, and stop throwing big words that mean nothing.

Instead of attacking the New testament, I implore to go and try the reform this antiquated institution that is called Sunni Islam that you so proudly profess to be a member of. A religion that enslaves people today, and treats women legally as 2nd and 3rd class citizens.
    The words and phrases you condoned, by specifically underlining/bolding are:

"weaker vessel", "dominate", "submit to your men", "learn quietly with all submissiveness". Not even going to what you didn't underline like, she should stay quiet and not talk and "Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.” :lol:

I mean subjugate is an understatement here. It seems like you're the confused one. Equal but..?

Frankly I have no time to go into the regurgitated religious hash talk. You brought religion in this discussion and you keep making personal assumptions in all together impersonal conversation. Goes to show how weak you and your arguments are because that's what people resort to when they can't engage in arguments. Again, sorry for you. Now if you allow me please to take off the stage.

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    The words and phrases you condoned, by specifically underlining/bolding are:

"weaker vessel", "dominate", "submit to your men", "learn quietly with all submissiveness". Not even going to what you didn't underline like, she should stay quiet and not talk and "Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.” :lol:

I mean subjugate is an understatement here. It seems like you're the confused one. Equal but..?

Frankly I have no time to go into the regurgitated religious hash talk. You brought religion in this discussion and you keep making personal assumptions in all together impersonal conversation. Goes to show how weak you and your arguments are because that's what people resort to when they can't engage in arguments. Again, sorry for you. Now if you allow me please to take off the stage.
    You jumped on the stage. You can get off anytime.

Instead of attacking me and attacking the New testament, I implore again to go and reform the antiquated institution that you belong to. Wahabism and some extent Sunni Islam is the real calamity of global proportions here. Every terrorist belongs to your sect, and your sect legalizes and still practices slavery and the subjugation of women. That is the real toxicity here.

Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Toxic masculinity is indeed made up but have you ever seen it in action ?

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    Toxic masculinity is indeed made up but have you ever seen it in action ?
    It is starkly practiced in saudi arabia and most sunni wahabi countries/societies.

Focus your efforts: left wing feminist movements ignore what women endure in wahabi islamic societies. This is where women have a secondary and tertiary status.

Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It is starkly practiced in saudi arabia and most sunni wahabi countries/societies.

Focus your efforts: left wing feminist movements ignore what women endure in wahabi islamic societies. This is where women have a secondary and tertiary status.
    Toxic masculinity refer to behaviours that are toxic to women as well as to men :
    - Saying that some things are manly and some aren't
    - Saying/acting that men know better than women
    - Saying/acting in a way that portray women as inferior.
    - Acting in a way that's aggressive/violent.
    - Perpetuating the patriarchal society model.
    - Blaming rape victims from the crime they suffered.

I don't have a say nor an effect about how things can evolve in Saudi, but all I mentioned is something that happens daily in Lebanon and that falls under toxic masculinity and I, as a male, don't think its emasculating to give women their adequate place in society.

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    Toxic masculinity refer to behaviours that are toxic to women as well as to men :
    - Saying that some things are manly and some aren't
    - Saying/acting that men know better than women
    - Saying/acting in a way that portray women as inferior.
    - Acting in a way that's aggressive/violent.
    - Perpetuating the patriarchal society model.
    - Blaming rape victims from the crime they suffered.

I don't have a say nor an effect about how things can evolve in Saudi, but all I mentioned is something that happens daily in Lebanon and that falls under toxic masculinity and I, as a male, don't think its emasculating to give women their adequate place in society.
    of course. Agreed on all of it. Except patriarchal society. Every single family has to have a head And the head of the family should be a man ( if they are alive). that’s what all holy books teach us.

Start your struggle with Sunni Wahhabi areas in Lebanon where the oppression is starkest. You dont have to go far. Yallah.

Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    of course. Agreed on all of it.
    Start with Sunni Wahhabi areas in Lebanon where the oppression is starkest. You dont have to go far.
    We each start with our own behaviour, for ex, not hiding behind bible verses to promote women submissiveness.

Dynamis

Dynamis

Orange Room Supporter
    We each start with our own behaviour, for ex, not hiding behind bible verses to promote women submissiveness.
    There’s absolutely no hiding. It is out there for all to read and seek council and examine their conscious. Women are valued and esteemed. They have equal rights. Stop distorting words.

they have a sacred duty and men have a sacred duty towards them. however, the head of the family is the man, just like Christ is the head of the church. that includes sacrifice and perhaps crucifixion, nevertheless every family needs to have a head and the head of the family is the man.

anything different is against nature, and sooner or later society will pay a heavy price for it. Look at Western societies and the fertility rate dropping to almost nothing where they have to import people to sustain their existence.