Announcements Is the Oroom really lebanon's number one discussion forum?

Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

@Jo, do you sell any information about forum users or unregistered guests to third party clients ?

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Iron Maiden

I share the numbers of the forum on a yearly basis.

Here are 2014: The Orange Room 2014 in numbers | The Orange Room - Lebanon's number one discussion forums

And 2016: The Orange Room 2016 in numbers | The Orange Room - Lebanon's number one discussion forums

As you can see, numbers are declining.

However, this year is much better than last year, i think our numbers for 2017 will be better than 2016.

How do you think you can help? The forum is an open book for you :)
    Are you guys following a certain business development strategy?

Also why isnt orangerababa.org being marketed more heavily :D :D
    ithink @eLad gave u agem there

for example was the new app an idea to increase visibllity or just a user easeof use tool?

As for increased exposure I was thinking something similar to what @Isabella suggested, AMA with some relevant people, or help with a marketing campaign via facebook or other lebanese sites.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    if i need tech reviews i visit specialized websites that have people that are actually paid to do just that

why not utube, i think u might get much more info out of it
    I almost exclusively watch beauty gurus, btw I very rarely use any of my makeup I just have it lol!

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I almost exclusively watch beauty gurus, btw I very rarely use any of my makeup I just have it lol!
    Do you have high end brushes and applicators ? They as important as the makeup itself :)

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    The make up of this site is not diverse enough. This is a direct result of its roots being an FPM site and many miss-steps, before you took over mostly, in fostering bias and aggressively managing content. My best recommendation to grow this site is to make it more diverse and growing participation from all political views.

I wouldn't have named it the orange room for example.
    youare talking of a very different era, this forum was a much needed free discussion place back then for FPMers

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    youare talking of a very different era, this forum was a much needed free discussion place back then for FPMers
    Of course :) just saying a lot of these roots persist. Thus the name :)
    Point being it would be best if it was more diverse

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    What would i sell specifically ?
    Are you asking because the answer is yes or because the answer is no?

How would I know, anything.
    I am asking because i am not sure what you mean by your question.

What info do i have (and other news sites dont) that would interest companies and i could sell?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Are you asking because the answer is yes or because the answer is no?

How would I know, anything.
    i really dont htink they can sell anything about users directly because our profiles are pretty much anonymous and have nothing attached to them that can be sold.

As for the content, dont really know how relevant it is

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't use the facebooks the facebooks sucks.
    This is the numero uno even if by virtue that it is the only one in existence :)
    What time are you going back to the old JL? New JL is boring :p.. don't let the Aounists scare you!

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    i really dont htink they can sell anything about users directly because our profiles are pretty much anonymous and have nothing attached to them that can be sold.

I produce gems here what do you mean?? Lol

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Best way to make money off this site is to increase users and traffic and sell ads. Increasing users and traffic in my opinion can be done if it is viewed as a neutral and unbiased place and if it brands itself that way, and makes it it's top mission.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Another way to make money is to create a political blog section with minimal editorial oversight. Become both a political forum and a political blog.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I suggested all of this and more to X in the old days. Instead he gave it to tayyar.org and we all know what followed...

Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

I am asking because i am not sure what you mean by your question.

What info do i have (and other news sites dont) that would interest companies and i could sell?
    Okay random example, trending topics might be useful for an advertising company to capitalize on. I know there are better sources for this info than a forum, but still.

This is a random example. You know if you have sold information to third party clients or not, regardless of what example I give or have in mind specifically. As a privacy conscious user, I was curious if you do or not.

You have not given a direct answer (if you wish to do so).

Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

My question includes anonymous information obviously.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Okay random example, trending topics might be useful for an advertising company to capitalize on. I know there are better sources for this info than a forum, but still.

This is a random example. You know if you have sold information to third party clients or not, regardless of what example I give or have in mind specifically. As a privacy conscious user, I was curious if you do or not.

You have not given a direct answer (if you wish to do so).
    You see the ads pop up don't you :)
    Doesn't mean he is selling information, he is selling ads on the site of course as he should. Unless it becomes a subscription only site.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    What is this question " are interested I. Debates related to Lebanon " btw
    It keeps popping and I keep ignoring it