Announcements Is the Oroom really lebanon's number one discussion forum?

Dirty Dragon

Dirty Dragon

You see the ads pop up don't you :)
Doesn't mean he is selling information, he is selling ads on the site of course as he should. Unless it becomes a subscription only site.
I'm not talking about ads on the site.
I am talking about selling information from the databases to a client, which has nothing to do with the ads on the website.

• Advertisement
  • J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I am talking about selling information from the databases to a client, which has nothing to do with the ads on the website.

What information?

If you are talking about my posts, I don't think they fetch much :)

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    There are targeted ads that pop up from Google based on a variety of things... If that is what you are talking about then that's already being done.

Based on location information data in the threads and Google profile of you :)

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    When you click on a Google Ad, Google gets some information about you and starts harassing you with the ad wherever you go.
    Even if you search for something online via Google, it may haunt you at the Forum via Google Ads.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Hey DD one more thing. If you are really interested in privacy you need to make sure you are always running a good VPN, all the time. Most people don't and it isn't really all that necessary.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    like an intelligence service you mean. II think they do not need to buy. They can get it free with a warrant.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The point to be made is it seems the Iranian elections are going on and this Forum does not see it as a topic.:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    I am asking because i am not sure what you mean by your question.

What info do i have (and other news sites dont) that would interest companies and i could sell?
    Okay random example, trending topics might be useful for an advertising company to capitalize on. I know there are better sources for this info than a forum, but still.

This is a random example. You know if you have sold information to third party clients or not, regardless of what example I give or have in mind specifically. As a privacy conscious user, I was curious if you do or not.

You have not given a direct answer (if you wish to do so).
    No i am not selling any kind of information.

My only kind of revenue is google ads.

LEBANESE-CIA

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member
    No i am not selling any kind of information.

My only kind of revenue is google ads.
    Does that revenue cross the triple digit or isn't significant with all the hits and cpm mechanism?

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This forum is therapy for many Lebanese, inside and outside Lebanon. Wait only till something big happens, kish barra w la b3eed, you'll have them all now guesting watchers byet7awkamo over here in their few thousands.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    The make up of this site is not diverse enough. This is a direct result of its roots being an FPM site and many miss-steps, before you took over mostly, in fostering bias and aggressively managing content. My best recommendation to grow this site is to make it more diverse and growing participation from all political views.

I wouldn't have named it the orange room for example.
    Honestly this is exactly what made this site survive through all these years unlike many other old lebanese websites!
    X actually did a good job in maintaining it with all headache that comes with these kind of websites..

If this site didn't have a base then trust me this forum would be non existence today so this orange base is what made and kept this forum active and simply without it this site dies out..

I myself maintained a well known website (back then) in the early days of 2002 until 2005 and it was getting seriously popular at the end but it was all for free and the headache or time consuming that came with it was seriously not worth it all!

I can simply tell you maintaining a website that involve a political party is headache..

if I would advice anything new to this forum I would say new design different system and move toward NodeJS where you can build seriously awesome features with it!

And only then with the total new and well built design I would have taken your advice to take the forum and its users to a different type of forum with new name etc because there are some truth to what you say ..

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    i really dont htink they can sell anything about users directly because our profiles are pretty much anonymous and have nothing attached to them that can be sold.

As for the content, dont really know how relevant it is
    Most users on this forum are not anonymous and with little work and few questions here and there the owner of the website can get the identity of most users here i think!

To achieve a total anonymous internet identity.. you would have to be very careful from day one you start using internet..
    And the way most of us write stuff here most of it way too personal without even realizing how much information we are giving out in the same way we are doing with Facebook etc!

as much I love the internet and hacking (ye3ni programming) I hate it as well!

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Honestly this is exactly what made this site survive through all these years unlike many other old lebanese websites!
    X actually did a good job in maintaining it with all headache that comes with these kind of websites..

If this site didn't have a base then trust me this forum would be non existence today so this orange base is what made and kept this forum active and simply without it this site dies out..

I myself maintained a well known website (back then) in the early days of 2002 until 2005 and it was getting seriously popular at the end but it was all for free and the headache or time consuming that came with it was seriously not worth it all!

I can simply tell you maintaining a website that involve a political party is headache..

if I would advice anything new to this forum I would say new design different system and move toward NodeJS where you can build seriously awesome features with it!

And only then with the total new and well built design I would have taken your advice to take the forum and its users to a different type of forum with new name etc because there are some truth to what you say ..
    i used to visit your website daily, you did a good job too

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

You're one of the oldest members here, this is a medal of sharaf, handle it with care :)
    Bass ya di3anak if you really turned into a radical salafi, and lost your more openminded perspective I once knew you under.
    I also confess that I used to visit your old site too. Not bad it was, must I say.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    You're one of the oldest members here, this is a medal of sharaf, handle it with care :)
    Bass ya di3anak if you really turned into a radical salafi, and lost your more openminded perspective I once knew you under.
    I also confess that I used to visit your old site too. Not bad it was, must I say.
    haha thank u.. so I am close minded now? :(