• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Is the Upcoming Arsenal Teenage Star, William Saliba Lebanese?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
There is an upcoming star signed by Arsenal FC in England. His name is William Saliba. I have checked and there is nothing mentioned about his father. It is only mentioned that he is of Cameroonian descent (likely his mother is Cameroonian) and he holds French citizenship.

I believe from his surname, Saliba, his father is most likely Lebanese. Don't you think our Football Association should make moves to discover if this young promising star is of a Lebanese father and try to convince him to play football for Lebanon's national team? He is a world class defender likely better than all the players we've ever had play for Lebanon.

The_FPMer

He does have semitic features. It's possible his father has Cameroonian citizenship.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
He does have semitic features. It's possible his father has Cameroonian citizenship.

He is likely Cameroonian from his mom. He looks half cast (mixed race). And from surname, he is likely of a Lebanese father. And going by the fact he has French citizenship, he probably was born in France or grew up there. It would be a loss if he ends up playing for the French national team and Lebanon loses out on such a promising world class footballer.

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
There is an upcoming star signed by Arsenal FC in England. His name is William Saliba. I have checked and there is nothing mentioned about his father. It is only mentioned that he is of Cameroonian descent (likely his mother is Cameroonian) and he holds French citizenship.

I believe from his surname, Saliba, his father is most likely Lebanese. Don't you think our Football Association should make moves to discover if this young promising star is of a Lebanese father and try to convince him to play football for Lebanon's national team? He is a world class defender likely better than all the players we've ever had play for Lebanon.

We have a lot of talented players in this country. It's a shame the federation is as corrupt as the rest of the country. I honestly believe if given the needed tools to succeed and the attention, we could've a really good national team.
As for this player, it sure looks like he could be of Lebanese descent.

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Halla2 hayda toli3 ma3ak Libneneh? His face is darker than our future.
What if "Saliba" was the name of some Cameroonian tribe?

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 4.33.26 PM.png