Is this a good time to invest your LBPs in Real estate?

NMA

NMA

So the banks artin our deposits and are acting like spoiled kids ....

is it a good time to buy real estate to "secure" your deposits especially if you have accounts in LBP ?

• Advertisement
  • Telex

Telex

I honestly think real-estate is a big bubble right now. I also have a fat LBP account that i would like to "secure" but i am not sure if real-estate at these prices is a good investment right now.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    Real estate prices are still high. I also noticed prices are being raised on purpose now, since the idea of "securing" your money in real estate is picking up traction.

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Real estate prices are still high. I also noticed prices are being raised on purpose now, since the idea of "securing" your money in real estate is picking up traction.
    This is a tyical example of how twisted Leb mentality operates. Vanity supercedes common sense. Detachment from reality is what got us here in the first place. What people should be worrying about now is whether there will be a spectacular banking collapse that wipes out ALL deposits, a headcut rather than a haircut.

The only way to secure your money in LBP is not to have it in LBP and not to have it in the banks period. Do what you can to get it out( if you can). Take the harsh medicine and buy absolutely any currency you could get and keep it somewhere safe.

Real estate will get cheap as chips when people massively start defaulting. The banks will start repossessing houses. This will expedite the inevitable: banking collapse.

Telex

Telex

This is a tyical example of how twisted Leb mentality operates. Vanity supercedes common sense. Detachment from reality is what got us here in the first place. What people should be worrying about now is whether there will be a spectacular banking collapse that wipes out ALL deposits, a headcut rather than a haircut.

The only way to secure your money in LBP is not to have it in LBP and not to have it in the banks period. Do what you can to get it out( if you can). Take the harsh medicine and buy absolutely any currency you could get and keep it somewhere safe.

Real estate will get cheap as chips when people massively start defaulting. The banks will start repossessing houses. This will expedite the inevitable: banking collapse.
    I dont think a haircut will be imposed on small depositors under 200k$

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Man you're too pessimistic. Lebanon has been through worse times and managed to survive.
    France and the Arab League will bail us out of this mess, once a government is formed.

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Man you're too pessimistic. Lebanon has been through worse times and managed to survive.
    France and the Arab League will bail us out of this mess, once a government is formed.
    Wishful thinking on your part. Why would these countries bail us out if they have any sense in their heads? They are fed up with the ineptitude of leb thieves.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    Wishful thinking on your part. Why would these countries bail us out if they have any sense in their heads? They are fed up with the ineptitude of leb thieves.
    Yeah, i am not sure they would bail this bunch of thieves again.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Here's why I think Lebanon's economy will not collapse.

1-The EU cannot afford to have more refugees. It's in their interest to keep the Lebanese economy afloat. Hence Paris III sounds attainable after certain reforms are made.
    2-Contrary to popular belief, Israel does not benefit from creating a civil war in Lebanon as that can wreak havoc on its borders.
    The USA will do its best to prevent this from happening.
    3-The Arab League has already pledged to help but wants reassurances that a one-color government won't be formed.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I honestly think real-estate is a big bubble right now. I also have a fat LBP account that i would like to "secure" but i am not sure if real-estate at these prices is a good investment right now.
    if u have money , its the right timing
    RE are 50%

NiceV

NiceV

Orange Room Supporter
    If you have 500,000 dollars or even 300,000 dollars
    Buy a real estate of 150,000 , 200,000 dollars
    Best investment you have something real not paper money in the bank

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    not paper money in the bank
    Paper money in USD is good...lebanese banks wish they had paper money in the bank....its digital already spent money in the bank....

You banking app for some banks is as credible as me writing this below:

Your credit is 32 472. 73 $

guess what neither your app nor my post have any value :D
    real estate is a way to protect some of your crash but real estate will be impacted by the haircut like anything and lose a large chunk of its value...you will be buying with cents on the dollar as there are no other options. Your only hope is to keep it for a while and hoping to sell in another bubble in 15yrs are RE value will appreciate after the crash and with stability....lbp or audi will never give u the money you lost back

NiceV

NiceV

Orange Room Supporter
    Paper money in USD is good...lebanese banks wish they had paper money in the bank....its digital already spent money in the bank....

You banking app for some banks is as credible as me writing this below:

Your credit is 32 472. 73 $

guess what neither your app nor my post have any value :D
    real estate is a way to protect some of your crash but real estate will be impacted by the haircut like anything and lose a large chunk of its value...you will be buying with cents on the dollar as there are no other options. Your only hope is to keep it for a while and hoping to sell in another bubble in 15yrs are RE value will appreciate after the crash and with stability....lbp or audi will never give u the money you lost back
    Actually real estate prices are going up
    They are real not imaginary accounts in banks who are not real anymore for a number of years

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    Actually real estate prices are going up
    They are real not imaginary accounts in banks who are not real anymore for a number of years
    Prices are up because banks are trying to lower liabilities by doing the following:

Construction company took a loan of 1 Million dollars
    Person A has 500 K dollars
    Person B has 500 K dollars

bank is at 0+ interest on paper but in reality
    construction is going broke it will never pay back
    Person As money does not really exist and the bank owes it to him
    Same for person B

Person A asks to buy with his $ an appartment built by the construction company
    construction company promises this money to clear its loans ...same does person B

The exchange of hands of this property removed 1 million of liability owed to persons A and B
    and removed 1 million of bad debt as well so the babk hedged their position.
    Banks are encouraging this trying to limit their losses so they are recommending and facilitating this type of transactions so prices are going up and banks are happy to see that because they will need less transactions

At some point demand will go down and with the haircut the economy will get worse so real estate will drop live every other asset.

That was my point and saying yes you would own that property that will maybe lose 40% of its value mid term...and lets hope ot goes back up long term for you.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh my god. I just can't stop.
    What's so funny Jorji boy? Isn't it always Saudi Arabia or some other GCC country that bails Lebanon out of its crises?
    Iran can't even feed its own people.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    What's so funny Jorji boy? Isn't it always Saudi Arabia or some other GCC country that bails Lebanon out of its crises?
    Iran can't even feed its own people.
    And why would Saudi Arabia or the GCC bail out a country they have long acknowledged to have fallen entirely in the sphere of HA/Iran?

If anything, they are betting on strife.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Prices are up because banks are trying to lower liabilities by doing the following:

Construction company took a loan of 1 Million dollars
    Person A has 500 K dollars
    Person B has 500 K dollars

bank is at 0+ interest on paper but in reality
    construction is going broke it will never pay back
    Person As money does not really exist and the bank owes it to him
    Same for person B

Person A asks to buy with his $ an appartment built by the construction company
    construction company promises this money to clear its loans ...same does person B

The exchange of hands of this property removed 1 million of liability owed to persons A and B
    and removed 1 million of bad debt as well so the babk hedged their position.
    Banks are encouraging this trying to limit their losses so they are recommending and facilitating this type of transactions so prices are going up and banks are happy to see that because they will need less transactions

At some point demand will go down and with the haircut the economy will get worse so real estate will drop live every other asset.

That was my point and saying yes you would own that property that will maybe lose 40% of its value mid term...and lets hope ot goes back up long term for you.
    When bankruptcy is eventually declared officially in Lebanon when they default on the next bond real estate will loose but also people who "number money" in a bank will get a haircut or headcut and everything will crumble, prices of real estate and bank accounts so everything will reflect what is exactly worth it, and people will not afford more the real estate they would own or they would want to own. so buying now or buying later, same shit really