Islamic Fascism Creeping Into Lebanon

Indie

Legendary Member
Staff member
I do not agree that religious fascism is creeping through Lebanon like it’s something new. (In case you meant it this way)
I think It was always there,
A sleeping beast that is getting awakened as Lebanon is becoming more and more Liberal.
Yes we need to tread very careful and deal with it before things get out of hand.
This is what I mean, as well.

• Advertisement
  • manifesto

According to Lebanese law, blasphemy is a criminal offense.
    The police was acting in accordance with the law in that specific instance.

Christians made a big fuss too when someone was selling t-shirts and shoes that bore Christian imagery.
    They also lobbied to ban the broadcast of an Iranian series that offered an alternate version of the story of Jesus. (the Muslim version)

Playing Quranic verses in a nightclub is as offensive to Muslims, as printing religious icons on a slipper is to Christians, in my opinion.

So no I don't think it's just Islamic 'fascism' that's creeping into Lebanon, but rather religious 'fascism' in general.

People are free to report what they deem inappropriate. We're a multi confessional country after all.
    Once that changes, we can have a serious discussion about the limits of freedom of speech.

Iron Maiden

Based on your description, I will pass on the song :)
    Just click on the vid, i know u want to, u know u want to, just a tiny little click, let the temptation take over you, its a click, what evil could come from this mudane action.
    Click it, double click it, right click it, its ur choice.

Tell me when u've clicked it :)

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    what's with people getting offended lately!
    Latetly?

Jihad is based on the concept of offense

Offense that u are not muslim

That said

I couldnt care less about the nightclub

Rooky mistake by a dumbass western liberal DJ recorded by local assholes

Plus we have our local balance here

We have our sacred pixies and muslims have their sacred pixies

So we dont f-ck with pixies

Its for the best

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    This is a thread to expose instances of Islamic fascism creeping into Lebanon. Here is a story that recently came out:

A German DJ known for mixing live radio extracts into his sets was playing at a popular Lebanese club. While going through the radio channels, one of them happened to have a quran recitation, and a few seconds of it made it into the set. The DJ does not speak Arabic, so he had no idea.

Some Muslims found a recording of that night and kept it for weeks, until ramadan, in order to make a big fuss about it. The DJ and the club apologized and explained it wasn't intentional, but the "offended" crowd had the club shut down anyway.

In the comments' section, many Muslims are behaving as if it's impossible that a German DJ could not recognize a quran recitation. They grab the pitchforks right away, without asking themselves why in the world would the DJ intentionally do such a thing.

There is even a Muslim woman who claims to be offended, but her profile pictures are of her wearing a revealing dress and swimming in a bikini.

You had my attention at the word bikini

Hope it was red

spacecreature

Hahahaha u reminded me of a classmate who got do offended by i song that was on my ipod that he asked to stop the car in the middle of the nahr britut riad leading to hazmieh where i was giving him a ride, needless to say i never gave him a ride again.

Total schmuks..

Above The song in question, now please if u are easily offended dont listen to the song, am not a fan if fatwas being called over my head.
    You know urself ;)
    This is gorgeous!!
    I think nothing should be forbidden in art. Creativity should be free to venture anywhere it desires, coz you will only get to the good stuff after letting the ugly stuff come out first, like brainstorming. If you place red zones, then you will be drawn to it and will get fixated by it.
    It's just ideas and concepts being thrown around, in a "what if" sort of way. Like when they wanted to portray Mary as a hooker, I remember it also was controversial. Yes it might be offensive to Christians but it's just a proposition of an alternate reality or a possibility. Anyway I have noticed most religious people are narrow minded and don't really understand their religion. They just follow stupid rules they don't even understand, and like to look for things that offends them.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    couple of years ago, people were still a bit concerned, at least on the surface, about the rationality and the logic of the arguments they are driving, unfortunately this is no longer the case. i do not recall minds having been ever as chaotic as they have in the recent few months on this forum, as if most members have succumbed to hallucinogenics.

are people still capable of adopting a position and still have the clarity of mind to rationally defend it?

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Sorry but why are muslims offended by a song that has verses of the Coran?
    aside from the "ya ghirit el deen factor", probably for the same reasons muslims are generally offended by someone drawing an image of the prophet. most islamic schools of shariaa and interpretation of the hadith have inhibitions against music. not long ago there was quite a reaction to a sheikh playing the piano, he seems to have received some death threats over it.

even this seemingly open minded sheikh at some point delineates the difference between playing music, and el tameyol while playing music, distinction between right and wrong could not be any clearer..

truth be told though, we are still a tad luckier in Lebanon than in our neighboring countries, the anger is still manageable.

the more intriguing question however is why are atheists offended by Christ? :)

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    According to Lebanese law, blasphemy is a criminal offense.
    The police was acting in accordance with the law in that specific instance.

Christians made a big fuss too when someone was selling t-shirts and shoes that bore Christian imagery.
    They also lobbied to ban the broadcast of an Iranian series that offered an alternate version of the story of Jesus. (the Muslim version)

Playing Quranic verses in a nightclub is as offensive to Muslims, as printing religious icons on a slipper is to Christians, in my opinion.

So no I don't think it's just Islamic 'fascism' that's creeping into Lebanon, but rather religious 'fascism' in general.

People are free to report what they deem inappropriate. We're a multi confessional country after all.
    Once that changes, we can have a serious discussion about the limits of freedom of speech.
    The difference is that what happened in the club was not intentional.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    This is gorgeous!!
    I think nothing should be forbidden in art. Creativity should be free to venture anywhere it desires, coz you will only get to the good stuff after letting the ugly stuff come out first, like brainstorming. If you place red zones, then you will be drawn to it and will get fixated by it.
    It's just ideas and concepts being thrown around, in a "what if" sort of way. Like when they wanted to portray Mary as a hooker, I remember it also was controversial. Yes it might be offensive to Christians but it's just a proposition of an alternate reality or a possibility. Anyway I have noticed most religious people are narrow minded and don't really understand their religion. They just follow stupid rules they don't even understand, and like to look for things that offends them.
    Did you ever ask yourself why would anyone want to portray the Holy Mother as a ... ?

We understand our religion very well. And we understand why people go that far in attempts to throw mud at it. Our opposition to such nastiness goes beyond being offended.

Furthermore, creativity has nothing to do with crudeness and ugliness. If you can't grab attention towards your work without shocking people with vulgarity, your work belongs in the garbage.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    truth be told though, we are still a tad luckier in Lebanon than in our neighboring countries, the anger is still manageable.
    What concerns me, and the reason I started this thread, is that over time Muslims in Lebanon start behaving like Muslims in other countries.

Christians might get upset or offended by certain things but they won't physically threaten anyone.