Islamic Fascism Creeping Into Lebanon

Iron Maiden

Because your assertion that the premise is different is flawed. Both broke the law. Saying I don’t speak the language is not a defense when breaking the law.
Both shocked people. How do you know who intentionally wanted to shock people and who didn’t? We can make assumptions, but we can’t assert truths here.
Nop tuning in on a random radio station is not breaking the law last time i checked.

Neither did the dancing girls, only moral outrage no actual law broken.

• Advertisement
  • Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Nop tuning in on a random radio station is not breaking the law last time i checked.

Neither did the dancing girls, only moral outrage no actual law broken.
    The premise is that one was intentional the other not, the result is excessive moral outrage over something incredibly insignificant that leads to a venue getting shut down over a made up charge of no licence, it's the same basic thing that led to Beirut pride getting shut down as well.

The issue I had with this thread although I do agree that the action was definitely unwarranted and grossly exaggerated, is that the poster spent the better part of that previous thread posting with excessive moral indignation and outrage, but they see nothing wrong with holding the exact opposite position now!

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    The premise is that one was intentional the other not, the result is excessive moral outrage over something incredibly insignificant that leads to a venue getting shut down over a made up charge of no licence, it's the same basic thing that led to Beirut pride getting shut down as well.

The issue I had with this thread although I do agree that the action was definitely unwarranted and grossly exaggerated, is that the poster spent the better part of that previous thread posting with excessive moral indignation and outrage, but they see nothing wrong with holding the exact opposite position now!
    the reality of the matter is that you always jump in to take the other side of any argument whenever they are driven by people you do not like. it is not as if you are all that big on principles to develop a keen sense of justice and launch a war against hypocrisy where you spot it, everything goes in your book. you are simply attempting to frame a case of hypocrisy around a person you do not like, that is all there is to it.

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    the reality of the matter is that you always jump in to take the other side of any argument whenever they are driven by people you do not like. it is not as if you are all that big on principles to develop a keen sense of justice and launch a war against hypocrisy where you spot it, everything goes in your book. you are simply attempting to frame a case of hypocrisy around a person you do not like, that is all there is to it.
    Lol I actually do like indie, this had nothing to do with whether I liked her as a person or not! The reality of the matter is that the moral outrage has led to the same results in both cases and I'm opposed to both as a person, but I will also point out when someone holds the polar opposite point of view in this thread to one they previously defended just because the previous one offended their own personal religious sensibilities!

Speaking of holding positions not based on principles but because of people you don't like, are you still on your quest to prove that prescription opioids have nothing to do with the ongoing opioid crisis in the united states? Or that gay people are not fit for science? Althewhile claiming higher intelligence and logical capabilities than other people or have you let those quests go to keep preaching about truth when it comes to matters of absolute subjectivity?

Lebnaouneh

Wrong :) With globalization, ideas circulate longer distances and more freely. Bad ideas along with the good.
    And eventually the good always naturally gets elevated above the others :)
    It's like a chemical reaction, there may be disturbances and you may add substrates to delay the inevitable, but eventually the reaction will equilibrate to where it is more comfortable
    By definition good ideas are the most comfortable ones, therefore will eventually find supporters for it within the population and win
    Kant is an interesting philosopher, you should read his theories, he explained how wars will at some point stop and it revolves around a similar idea of people tending towards their interests

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Just to clarify, because you referred to me while I was answering someone else. Does your post qualify as a personal attack that is off topic? You know, being a moderator and all.

Just checking.

@Jo
    Right. Because jumping on the hypocrisy bandwagon wasn't aimed at me, right?

How many threads have you derailed in the past by attacking me personally? Often by dishonestly attributing other people's arguments to me?

As I told you before, if you can't take the heat don't enter the kitchen. Don't unwarrantedly throw jabs at people then play the victim, like a coward, when they put you back in your place.

Your soft-spoken manners do little to hide your true nature and intentions.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Lol I actually do like indie, this had nothing to do with whether I liked her as a person or not! The reality of the matter is that the moral outrage has led to the same results in both cases and I'm opposed to both as a person, but I will also point out when someone holds the polar opposite point of view in another thread to one they previously defended just because the previous one offended their own personal religious sensibilities!

Speaking of people you don't like, are you still on your quest to prove that prescription opioids have nothing to do with the outgoing opioid crisis in the united states? Or that gay people are not fit for science? Althewhile claiming higher intelligence and logical capabilities than other people or have you let those quests go to keep preaching about truth when it comes to matters of absolute subjectivity?
    the claim was that people who center their lives around the pleasure of the flesh are not fit for deeper truths including sciences. and the case for the opioids has been completely closed with solid and concrete numbers:

let's examine the situation more closely, and let's go on a step by step journey :)
    1. in 2016 there were about 64000 drug related overdose fatalities. (figure 1)
    2. heroin cocaine and meth were responsible for 33700 cases. (figure 2)
    3. that leaves us with close to 31000 cases.
    4. fentanyl opioid is responsible for close to 20000 cases of overdose. (figure 2)
    5. only 4% of the fentanyl has been legally prescribed.
    6. this leaves us with close to 12000 cases.
    7. how are these remaining 12000 cases distributed and classified?
    8. only 35.4% of abusers have obtained the drugs through a direct doctor prescription. (figure 3)
    9. let's assume the fatalities occur proportionally to the number of abusers only, and regardless of the abuse method and degree of addiction (although this is wrong, fatalities are concentrated in the more illicit regions, but let's bump your numbers by assuming proportionality)
    10. this means that only 35.4% of the 12000, or 4140 victims have obtained their prescription legally from a doctor.
    11. CONCLUSION 1: legal prescriptions abuse accounts for around 6.5% of the overall fatalities, only. although this number is bumped up and inflated as i have mentioned earlier, common sense would suggest it is half that. without mentioning
    12. conclusion 2: do not blindly buy into headlines and google trends, it is not a crime to apply some critical thinking ability and filter out what the media is throwing at you, regardless of whether such abuse is intentional or not., we invested in our intellectual faculties for a reason.
    attached you will find all the relevant material and sources.

drugdeaths1a.jpg

Figure 1: Total U.S. Drug Deaths* - More than 64,000 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2016, including illicit drugs and prescription opioids--nearly double in a decade. Source: CDC WONDER

overdosedeaths1.jpg

figure 2: Drugs Involved in U.S. Overdose Deaths* - Among the more than 64,000 drug overdose deaths estimated in 2016, the sharpest increase occurred among deaths related to fentanyl and fentanyl analogs (synthetic opioids) with over 20,000 overdose deaths. Source: CDC WONDER

View attachment 10149
    Figure 3: source of abused prescription pain killers.

sources:
    1: Key Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators in the United States: Results from the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health
    2: national institute on drug abuse, trends and statistics, overdose death rates
    3: illegal lab-made fentanyl helped kill at least half the people who died from opioid overdoses in 2016.

on a side note, not very sure what was that you brought the horse to, but it surely wasn't potable water.

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    the claim was that people who center their lives around the pleasure of the flesh are not fit for deeper truths including sciences. and the case for the opioids has been completely closed with solid and concrete numbers:
    Lol it's so sad that you want to insist on these insane opinions just because you absolutely hate being wrong! But that's okay I did not push in those threads further to let you save face, you can feel free to do so now as well!

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    And eventually the good always naturally gets elevated above the others :)
    It's like a chemical reaction, there may be disturbances and you may add substrates to delay the inevitable, but eventually the reaction will equilibrate to where it is more comfortable
    By definition good ideas are the most comfortable ones, therefore will eventually find supporters for it within the population and win
    Kant is an interesting philosopher, you should read his theories, he explained how wars will at some point stop and it revolves around a similar idea of people tending towards their interests
    I hope you are right. Based on my observations, however, I am not convinced. The evil, ignorance, and ugliness of this world is truly oppressive.

Weezy

Right. Another intentional case.

Regardless, the police prosecuted the killers. They did not encourage them like islamic authorities tend to do.
    What killers? No one touched the DJ. The issue was raised to court which took a fair action.

Lebnaouneh

I hope you are right. Based on my observations, however, I am not convinced. The evil, ignorance, and ugliness of this world is truly oppressive.
    And the opposite exists too
    What we decide to focus on is more a reflection of our internal emotional state :p

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    What killers? No one touched the DJ. The issue was raised to court which took a fair action.
    Fair action? Two-hundred families are deprived of their income because of an unfortunate mistake.

Besides, the whole point of the thread is the worry that such actions could transform into more violent ones in the future. The kind you find in other islamic countries.

Don't you find it weird that they had the clip for weeks and waited for ramadan before making a fuss about it?

Indie

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    And the opposite exists too
    What we decide to focus on is more a reflection of our internal emotional state :p
    When you spend your lifetime nursing the good and beautiful only to have evil, ugliness, and ignorance pop up and plunder the stardust and unicorns ( :p ), you cannot not notice them.

You cannot foster the beautiful if you don't deal with the ugly.

manifesto

@Indie while I agree with you that Islam has a history of violent responses to blasphemy, I don't think you picked the best example to advance your argument.

I think those who reported the nightclub incident were acting within the confines of the Lebanese law.

Now if those people decide to burn down the nightclub, we can speak of "fascism". But reporting an act you deem blasphemous, in a country with blasphemy laws, is hardly "fascist". Unless you believe that those Christians who stopped the screening of the "Messiah 2007" were fascists, too.

Recent history has proven that neither Lebanese Christians nor Muslims are capable of tolerating religious satire or profanity (be it intentional or not).

gramsci

Legendary Member
    islamic culture is a macabre culture .. i think in europe e must start to force them to leave this evil religion.. at least those living here ..
    we must point on the childrens of them since they breed like rabbits .. at schools ...to teach them values like the work, tollerance , moral values , rights and obbligations, human rights , women rights ...
    thats the most efficient way to keep under control the immigration and to preserve our values and our way of life ..if they want islam , theycan stay at their country and built islamic culture there ..
    the next govern program i to obblige imam to say the sermons in italian language in the mosques ,otherwise the mosque will be closed .

Last edited: