• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Islamis Erdogan want to turn The historical Haga Sophia to a mosque

Haga Sophia should

• Remain a museum

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Be changed to a mosque

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Return to its status as a Church

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Advertisement
  • Thawra # Furoshima

Thawra # Furoshima

Haga Sophia is one of the most important churchs in the history of Christianity

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Its already a mosque what are you talking abt

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Actually it is museum
    Ataturk Decision when he founded the modern secular republic in Turkey
    It has been a mosque for 600 years, its still a mosque now when u visit it, they just charge you for entering.

If losing money makes him happy then let him go pray in it

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    It has been a mosque for 600 years, its still a mosque now when u visit it, they just charge you for entering.

If losing money makes him happy then let him go pray in it
    I visited H.S. in May of 2001 - then there was no entry charge, I wasn't made to removed my shoes and I and my wife weren't separated.
    Inside it did not look like operating mosque, did things change since then?

Last edited:
    Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I visited H.S. in May of 2001 - then there was no entry charge, I wasn't made to removed my shoes and I and my wife weren't separated.
    Inside it did not look like operating mosque, did things change since then?
    Removing shoes isnt what really makes a mosque a mosque, HG is a mosque, turned into a museum by a guy who unferstood culture and economics. But it is still a mosque. It would be a shame to turnit back to a full fledged worship place but other than that nothing much would change

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Removing shoes isnt what really makes a mosque a mosque, HG is a mosque, turned into a museum by a guy who understood culture and economics. But it is still a mosque. It would be a shame to turn it back to a full fledged worship place but other than that nothing much would change
    "turn it back to a full fledged worship place" - that I am sure, but it also means that any place that has never been a mosque can too be turned into "full fledged worship place".

Still, Erdogan's threats aside at the moment it is a museum.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    For it become a mosque again they would have to remove/cover the mosaics. That is just not happening.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    For it become a mosque again they would have to remove/cover the mosaics. That is just not happening.
    If my memory serves me correctly - mosaic is from the times when H.S. was a mosque. I think mosaics were painted/placed over Christian images.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    If my memory serves me correctly - mosaic is from the times when H.S. was a mosque. I think mosaics were painted/placed over Christian images.
    No. The church is famous for its Christian mosaics and Ottomans simply put plaster over them until the 19th century when they were un/discovered again.

Thawra # Furoshima

Thawra # Furoshima

The Crusaders will not accept the attacks on Haga Sophia one of the most important religious church in the world