• Server is back - but we lost around 24 hours of data. Sorry for that :(
    الحق ع جبران باسيل

UAE Israel, Bahrain and UAE reach historic peace deal

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
exactly, it is our own doing and it is correct. it is similar from the Israeli side: it is illegal for citizens to come to Lebanon and they would be arrested as well.

Show me Israeli law that says you will go to jail for talking to Lebanese and subsequently the Israelis who were prosecuted.

Still, you keep missing the point - as long as you have laws like this you should not expect improvement.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Citizens of Israel CANNOT enter Lebanon, as well as citizens of Lebanon CANNOT enter Israel.

Did this girl enter Israel?

BTW, I think there was a case when Israeli reporter, a woman, had entered Lebanon covertly few months after 2006 war and she took interviews and she came back and she did not go to jail, nobody in Israel even suggested that she should.

agnostic

Legendary Member

BTW, I think there was a case when Israeli reporter, a woman, had entered Lebanon covertly few months after 2006 war and she took interviews and she came back and she did not go to jail, nobody in Israel even suggested that she should.
Most of foreign reporters visiting Lebanon collaborate with the intelligence of their countries. The visit of this Jewish journalist was very likely concerted with Israeli security.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Say that to yourself. You started this conversation.

Learn to defend your comments.
Don’t be silly. I was commenting on PiNi’s remark that “we do this to ourselves”. If you don’t understand the conversation don’t comment...!

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Show me Israeli law that says you will go to jail for talking to Lebanese and subsequently the Israelis who were prosecuted.

Still, you keep missing the point - as long as you have laws like this you should not expect improvement.
The point is the two countries are at war, and the current law applies. You can’t tell me things will improve when we remove this kind of law, things will improve when we have a fair peace. But you said it, Israel is not interested in peace because they don’t feel the pain, they have calm and economical growth... so don’t blame this on lebanon.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
The point is the two countries are at war, and the current law applies. You can’t tell me things will improve when we remove this kind of law, things will improve when we have a fair peace. But you said it, Israel is not interested in peace because they don’t feel the pain, they have calm and economical growth... so don’t blame this on lebanon.

I'm not telling you not to follow your laws.
I went to great length to point out that you have such laws and because of that you cannot blame HA for Lebanon being its hostage in your desire to have some kind of peace agreement with Israel - you are doing it to yourselves.

PS. It was the gist of my replies to @vicking747 when you decided to join in.

divergent

She didn't.
I never heared that. It is not clear how the reporter managed to enter Lebanon.
I know only that "Israeli citizens or any other person who holds any passport bearing stamps, visas, or seals issued by Israel are strictly prohibited from entry to Lebanon and may be subject to arrest or detention for further inspection."
Apart of that, it's very dangerous to enter Lebanon covertly.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
She didn't.

I never heared that. It is not clear how the reporter managed to enter Lebanon.
I know only that "Israeli citizens or any other person who holds any passport bearing stamps, visas, or seals issued by Israel are strictly prohibited from entry to Lebanon and may be subject to arrest or detention for further inspection."
Apart of that, it's very dangerous to enter Lebanon covertly.

I think this is true case and it was even discussed on this forum although it had different name them, "tayair" something rather or something else before or after that.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I'm not telling you not to follow your laws.
I went to great length to point out that you have such laws and because of that you cannot blame HA for Lebanon being its hostage in your desire to have some kind of peace agreement with Israel - you are doing it to yourselves.

PS. It was the gist of my replies to @vicking747 when you decided to join in.
I agreed with you it has nothing to do wi the HA, but it is by no means an indicator of wether or not lebanon wants peace or war.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
I agreed with you it has nothing to do wi the HA, but it is by no means an indicator of wether or not lebanon wants peace or war.

"it is by no means an indicator of whether or not lebanon wants peace or war"

OK, here is hypothetical situation:
Your PM wants to talk to Israeli PM to discuss Lebanon's peace proposal.
My question - if he talks will he go to jail just as this girl did?

Repeating your mantra will not help you. Lebanon doesn't want peace with Israel. They even are not ready to talk to israelis.
Well I can tell you that there are many stories of Lebanese in Israel and even being arrested by the Lebanese police versus Israelis in Lebanon and Israelis being arrested

You can very easily launch an online campaign in Lebanon and ask simply the people if they want peace or not, you will have 90% of yes.

But Israelis are being told that Lebanese don’t want peace in reality we need 100 times peace more than you need it.

Just admit that peace with you is coming with a much more expensive price tag and deep inside you don’t give a damn