• Server is back - but we lost around 24 hours of data. Sorry for that :(
    الحق ع جبران باسيل

UAE Israel, Bahrain and UAE reach historic peace deal

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
"it is by no means an indicator of whether or not lebanon wants peace or war"

OK, here is hypothetical situation:
Your PM wants to talk to Israeli PM to discuss Lebanon's peace proposal.
My question - if he talks will he go to jail just as this girl did?
Nope, per the law he does not nor does anyone if the government approves the talks...

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
OK, then we should not expect any Israel-Lebanon agreement any time soon - pretty much my point of view as well.
Agree, on the one hand lebanon is in shambles and we can’t agree one single thing, and Israel on the other hand has no interest in any peace where it needs to give concessions as it has everything it wants now...

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Agree, on the one hand lebanon is in shambles and we can’t agree one single thing, and Israel on the other hand has no interest in any peace where it needs to give concessions as it has everything it wants now...

Correct, at this moment Lebanon does not have anything to offer that Israel would need or want and status quo suits Israel just fine.

Nope, per the law he does not nor does anyone if the government approves the talks...
Ministers and first category such as the President have immunity. They can talk to anyone they wish.

The issue is not there - what does Israel has to offer ? Why don’t the Israelis publicly offer a peace plan that would be acceptable for the population? Lebanon’s politicians don’t give a damn of good relationships or development, all what they care about is cash

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ministers and first category such as the President have immunity. They can talk to anyone they wish.

The issue is not there - what does Israel has to offer ? Why don’t the Israelis publicly offer a peace plan that would be acceptable for the population? Lebanon’s politicians don’t give a damn of good relationships or development, all what they care about is cash
Israel has a lot to offer but lebanon does not...

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
1608238022279.png

انك تكون إستلطفته (مع إنو أنا بشوفو ثقيل الظل) إحتمال موجود
ولكن يصير أخوك وصديقك الغالي ، لي من ايمتى بتعرفه يا عبيط يا هبيل ؟؟؟ ؟؟؟؟
شو هل شعب الحمار يلي بينضحك علي بنصف ساعة
!!!!!
? ? ? ? ?

Jeremy Samuel

I don't think Israel has any emotional or strategic desire to hold onto territories like the Shebaa Farms that Lebanon claims, but the repatriation of Palestinian refugees would probably be unwanted.

I think Israel doesn't attempt to publicly make the first move is that it knows that Lebanon is a vetocracy and there is no way Lebanon's cabinet and parliament would approve a peace deal, and frankly Lebanese public opinion wouldn't want a peace deal even if Lebanese had a democratic, majoritarian government.

Israel might believe that the sketch of a plan would be negotiating with itself and perhaps showing weakness. Since Hassad Nasrallah has said "Israeli society is a spider's web," Israel might not want to feed into an impression that it is unwilling to fight, if necessary.

As it happens, Israel did make an offer to help Lebanon after the August 4th explosion by taking Lebanese into Israel's hospitals, but Lebanon never responded. I would think that the non-response indicates that a public Israeli offer would not go anywhere.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I don't think Israel has any emotional or strategic desire to hold onto territories like the Shebaa Farms that Lebanon claims, but the repatriation of Palestinian refugees would probably be unwanted.

I think Israel doesn't attempt to publicly make the first move is that it knows that Lebanon is a vetocracy and there is no way Lebanon's cabinet and parliament would approve a peace deal, and frankly Lebanese public opinion wouldn't want a peace deal even if Lebanese had a democratic, majoritarian government.

Israel might believe that the sketch of a plan would be negotiating with itself and perhaps showing weakness. Since Hassad Nasrallah has said "Israeli society is a spider's web," Israel might not want to feed into an impression that it is unwilling to fight, if necessary.

As it happens, Israel did make an offer to help Lebanon after the August 4th explosion by taking Lebanese into Israel's hospitals, but Lebanon never responded. I would think that the non-response indicates that a public Israeli offer would not go anywhere.
its more complex. first i dont think Israel wants or needs to make an offer, it has nothing to gain and lots to lose in today's context.
second, I agree Lebanon today would refuse any peace agreement because HA is able to kill it at each level of the state, and irrespective of any other group's opinion. HA would do that because they have no intention of letting go of their weapons, and a peace treaty would remove the official cover story.

unfortunately, peace can only happen once Lebanon has a strong enough state and a minimum of trust between the communities.

It was a generous offer from Israel and definitely conquered hearts but Lebanon in general has a strong medical system, excellent doctors and hospitals. This will change though in the near future as we are bankrupt but until now the system is holding.

Not true. Lebanese are intelligent and educated people please don’t compare us to Yemen or Afghanistan. People definitely want peace but not at any cost. HA is the first one who needs peace as can’t survive in its current form.
The issue is that both sides will increase its price for peace, ie HA wanting to rule Lebanon and Israel wanting to keep refugees out of Israel - at the end Iran would take them.

HA and Israel are best allies although they may not know it or will never admit it.

Lebanon was created for the Christians which is a community Jews hate the most as Christianity equals the end of Judaism as a main religion. Muslims and Jews were always friends especially in recent centuries whereas Muslims welcomed all Jews from Spain, France and other.

As I said many times Israel have nothing to win from a peace treaty for now and same goes for HA.

Jeremy Samuel

its more complex. first i dont think Israel wants or needs to make an offer, it has nothing to gain and lots to lose in today's context.
second, I agree Lebanon today would refuse any peace agreement because HA is able to kill it at each level of the state, and irrespective of any other group's opinion. HA would do that because they have no intention of letting go of their weapons, and a peace treaty would remove the official cover story.

unfortunately, peace can only happen once Lebanon has a strong enough state and a minimum of trust between the communities.

I think peace would be more feasible if Lebanon had a stronger state too, because as long as Lebanon has an extremely weak state, Lebanon's fate isn't controlled by its own people, but by the rulers of other countries, most importantly Iran.

As long as Iran has a hardline government that is vehemently anti-Israel, and that government has enough money to fund Hezbollah, and Hezbollah can use that money (in part) to be the strongest political party in Lebanon, peace between Lebanon and Israel is impossible.

To me, Iran's determination to "erase Israel" is indisputable. Look at what Iran did in Syria, where it propped up with >$15 billion dollars a brutal, corrupt secular Arab dictator in a war which killed hundreds of thousands of Muslims and ruined millions of lives just to maintain a strategic position which it could use in a future war against Israel.

Although I think the dominant foreign power determining Lebanon's future relationship with Israel is Iran, on the other hand, I think if more Muslim & Arab countries recognized Israel it would start to make Lebanon conspicuous as a rejectionist state. Like, if Saudi Arabia recognized Israel, wouldn't it raise the confidence of Israel-accepting Lebanese to ask in public "Why not us?"

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Protecting humanity !!!!

April 13, 1996: In al-Mansouri, a village close to a UNIFIL battalion, an Israeli helicopter fired at an ambulance, killing two women and four girls as they were escaping from their village. ... The next day, Israeli forces attacked another ambulance, wounding four passengers.

When I saw the little girl burning alive, I knew I will never forgive these assholes...for years I had nightmares because of this horrifying massacre;
Not to mention those who died in Qana...
I really don't want to repost those photos in here, but I guess most of you saw them
Kel israeli w sermeyti sawa

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
??????????

people without DIGNITY...
العرب حثالة البشر، كانو يغزو بعضن كرمال الحريم وكم جمل

Haydol farjiyon shwayyit meat bisakhskho.
They're just happy that now Israeli girls can travel freely to Dubai.