• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

UAE Israel, Bahrain and UAE reach historic peace deal

Aoun did offer peace to Israel versus a resolution to our conflict. This is going in the right direction, now expect Jumblat and everyone to call him traitor.

Things are changing very fast in the Middle East and I expect Iran to cool down

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member
Aoun did offer peace to Israel versus a resolution to our conflict. This is going in the right direction, now expect Jumblat and everyone to call him traitor.

That was the position of Aoun long time back, people forget
It is Israel that does not want peace with Lebanon FYI

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member

"Aoun did offer peace to Israel versus a resolution to our conflict" - it has potential of good news.
However, depending your conditions it could be dud offer - Devil is always hiding in details.

"people forget it is Israel that does not want peace with Lebanon FYI" - why would people remember a lie.
Israel has never attacked Lebanon, Israel has only retaliated.

lol - that's what they feed you in Netenyahu school of propaganda?

You mean in 1982 it was a retaliation? then from 1982 - 2000 they were just there to keep the "peace"?

dyyyy

"people forget it is Israel that does not want peace with Lebanon FYI" - why would people remember a lie.
Israel has never attacked Lebanon, Israel has only retaliated.
So Israel was retaliating and by accident invaded the south ?

I agree that now Israel does want "peace" with Lebanon, as in it doesn't want anyone from the arab region to complain when they invade more palestinian lands.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
:cigar:

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter

Opinions and convictions can change as time passes. Now I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with his new or old position - but it means nothing to quote different opinions for the same person, 6 years apart.

It could easily be that he just follows blindly anything his leaders do, or he could have came to a realization that another enemy, that is growing like cancer in the region and creating havoc, is more dangerous.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Opinions and convictions can change as time passes. Now I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with his new or old position - but it means nothing to quote different opinions for the same person, 6 years apart.

It could easily be that he just follows blindly anything his leaders do, or he could have came to a realization that another enemy, that is growing like cancer in the region and creating havoc, is more dangerous.
Hayda Sheikh l 3ayle l 7akme...bidoor ma3on metel ma beddon. It's not like people are free to think for themselves or form their own convictions in that part of the world.

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
Hayda Sheikh l 3ayle l 7akme...bidoor ma3on metel ma beddon. It's not like people are free to think for themselves or form their own convictions in that part of the world.

Yep maybe the 3ayle l 7akme, like millions of arabs, changed their minds after the "2ayede al bayda2" of Iran blessed us all since 1979.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
lol - that's what they feed you in Netenyahu school of propaganda?

You mean in 1982 it was a retaliation? then from 1982 - 2000 they were just there to keep the "peace"?

" You mean in 1982 it was a retaliation? then from 1982 - 2000 they were just there to keep the "peace"? " - absolutely. List you could do is to learn your own history.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
So Israel was retaliating and by accident invaded the south ?

I agree that now Israel does want "peace" with Lebanon, as in it doesn't want anyone from the arab region to complain when they invade more palestinian lands.

" So Israel was retaliating and by accident invaded the south ? " - no, not by accident.
Remember PLO?
The very PLO that you could not control?
The very PLO that was tormenting you?
The very PLO that you were so happy having Israel cleaning up for you? ... and you only to take their place on the whim of Homeini?

NewLeb

What the Zionists did in Palestine wasn't really different from what white settlers did in the Americas or Australia. Because of the former’s superior technology, they were able to subdue the native peoples and appropriate their land.

In the case of the Zionists, who happened to be a fusion of both white and Jewish, their natural target was Palestine.

This conflict is mostly always reduced to a question of moral legitimacy, when in reality, it’s not really a case of who’s in the right or wrong. No, it’s simply life!

The world was at a major imbalance, where scientific achievement in Europe far outweighed that with the rest of the globe. This is an imbalance that needed to be rectified, someway or the other.

The ultimate question is whether this re-balancing has become complete, but I do think we are in the final stages of it!