• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

UAE Israel, Bahrain and UAE reach historic peace deal

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
What the Zionists did in Palestine wasn't really different from what white settlers did in the Americas or Australia. Because of the former’s superior technology, they were able to subdue the native peoples and appropriate their land.

In the case of the Zionists, who happened to be a fusion of both white and Jewish, their natural target was Palestine.

This conflict is mostly always reduced to a question of moral legitimacy, when in reality, it’s not really a case of who’s in the right or wrong. No, it’s simply life!

The world was at a major imbalance, where scientific achievement in Europe far outweighed that with the rest of the globe. This is an imbalance that needed to be rectified, someway or the other.

The ultimate question is whether this re-balancing has become complete, but I do think we are in the final stages of it!

" The ultimate question is whether this re-balancing has become complete, but I do think we are in the final stages of it! "

Check the History.
So called re-balancing is never completed, there is always new version of "re-balancing" waiting in the wings.
You just hold on to what you've got for as long as you can.

PS. As an example find good book on the history of Jerusalem - in written history (about 3500 years) city was changing hands about 40 times and there was always new challenge.

NewLeb

" The ultimate question is whether this re-balancing has become complete, but I do think we are in the final stages of it! "

Check the History.
So called re-balancing is never completed, there is always new version of "re-balancing" waiting in the wings.
You just hold on to what you've got for as long as you can.

PS. As an example find good book on the history of Jerusalem - in written history (about 3500 years) city was changing hands about 40 times and there was always new challenge.

I agree, it won’t be the same. It could be the case that Israel will eventually and all-naturally turn into a Muslim country, just as how the Mongols subsequently converted to Islam after they had conquered the Muslim emperors.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
I agree, it won’t be the same. It could be the case that Israel will eventually and all-naturally turn into a Muslim country, just as how the Mongols subsequently converted to Islam after they had conquered the Muslim emperors.

Agree, we may never know - entire ME might decide to convert to Judaism and Lebanon might decide to take lead in Zionist movement. :)

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Mish ka anno too much shway?
Enno make peace but have some decency at least.
You were still calling them criminals not so long ago...

The_FPMer

this is but one of many examples of what our boys are capable of doing for the chair. This never stopped and is still happening. That presidency chair is cancer.
There was massive international, Arab and internal pressure to keep the PLO and the Palestinians in Lebanon. The Christian leadership eventually acquiesced thinking that by restricting the PLO to the South it might appease their Arab and Lebanese supporters.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
There was massive international, Arab and internal pressure to keep the PLO and the Palestinians in Lebanon. The Christian leadership eventually acquiesced thinking that by restricting the PLO to the South it might appease their Arab and Lebanese supporters.

So you commit suicide ?

Thoma

I wonder where I've heard this drivel before.

I'd be wary to view politics as a function of culture. If anything, this peace agreement is proving that civilizations don't clash when there are monetary and political interests in common, despite supposed cultural differences.

You are still committing the same categorical mistakes.

If you define politics as that which includes 'activities that are associated with making decisions in groups, or other forms of power relations between individuals', or simply 'the capacity of an individual to influence the actions, beliefs, or conduct (behavior) of oneself and others', then politics is categorically necessarily part of, and rooted in and conditioned by, culture and worldview or basic philosophy. For a worldview - which is that from, by and upon which politics emerges, stands and proceeds, and is that by which politics is conditioned, informed or influenced - necessarily includes 'natural philosophy and basic beliefs; fundamental, existential, and normative postulates, rationalizations or justifications, themes, values, ethics, morality,' i.e. all that which informs, influences or conditions the human behavior and decisions of any sort. Politics by nature or definition is thus necessarily a function of culture which is in turn a function of worldview which is 'the fundamental cognitive orientation of an individual or society encompassing the whole of the individual's or society's knowledge and point of view'.

Any decision, be it defined as political or otherwise, an agreement of sorts or a disagreement, between any one same or two+ individual(s) or parties, is thus necessarily traceable to, and accounted for by, implicitly if not explicitly, the category of culture or worldview.

To return to your statement and rectify it accordingly; civilizations do and don't clash based on cultural similarities and differences which in themselves may or may not enable an (political/...) agreement 'based on monetary interests in common or whatever'.

Last edited: