Israel: Defining its Borders as a State.

V

Viral

Defining Israel's Borders as a State.

I was once told Israel is not a State. I asked what you mean. They replied States are identified by their borders. Can you define Israel’s borders? So I went and looked at the different maps since 1948 and got even more confused.

The UN accepted Israel’s birth in 1948 while Jerusalem was outside its borders. Throughout the years, Israel expanded and retracted many times but managed to hold on to part of Jerusalem and called the whole city its capital.

Can someone here educate us and help us define Israel’s true borders? And BTW, what does greater Israel map look like. Would that be the final and official one?
I wonder if you asked a group of Israelis to draw the map of their country, would they all come with the same drawing.

Thanks for your participation!

• Advertisement
  • proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Defining Israel's Borders as a State.

I was once told Israel is not a State. I asked what you mean. They replied States are identified by their borders. Can you define Israel’s borders? So I went and looked at the different maps since 1948 and got even more confused.

The UN accepted Israel’s birth in 1948 while Jerusalem was outside its borders. Throughout the years, Israel expanded and retracted many times but managed to hold on to part of Jerusalem and called the whole city its capital.

Can someone here educate us and help us define Israel’s true borders? And BTW, what does greater Israel map look like. Would that be the final and official one?
    I wonder if you asked a group of Israelis to draw the map of their country, would they all come with the same drawing.

Thanks for your participation!

Let me help you:

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    It is very unfortunate that this forum is slowly but surely turning into an israehelli propaganda channel. Your question is loaded with mischief. It is implying that we do accept or recognize whatever form of a map(s) israehelli colonialists and land thieves present as their borders. First, we as a country called Lebanon do not recognize any state called israehell. There is occupation in Palestine, the whole of Palestine. Palestine was not the property of Great Britain and Balfour.

Second, for you to ask us to produce a map of israehell's borders, aside from implying the recognition of such an illegal occupation entity and apartheid colony, is a misplaced question. You have to therefore ask the israehell is themselves to answer your question. I would have directed you to hi to an israhelli forum to ask then. But I believe you're asking @Jo's Zionist and pro-Zionist terrorism/occupation guests on the forum to answer your question. Otherwise, if you're expecting an answer from a Lebanese, then you're directing your question to the wrong set of people (as a country based on its official stance towards israehell and as a state).

The fact that a colonial entity has no recognized borders and itself doesn't have a map of its ever changing borders is enough to delegitimize such colonial project and expose it's alien presence in the region and the evil intents and ambitious it represents for the whole region, especially for neighbouring Lebanon which shares border with occupied Palestine.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

The dark yellow part is what is recognized as Israel by the rest of the world.

I support the annexation of the Golan Heights and East Jerusalem. I'm not so sure about the West Bank, because although I support the idea of a Palestinian state in the West Bank I know for a fact it would basically be a Sharia law ruled Gaza 2.0. So maybe it's better to keep the status quo.

V

Viral

I support the annexation of the Golan Heights and East Jerusalem. I'm not so sure about the West Bank, because although I support the idea of a Palestinian state in the West Bank I know for a fact it would basically be a Sharia law ruled Gaza 2.0. So maybe it's better to keep the status quo.
    Thank you for sharing…
    The map you provided along with your comment raises more questions than answers.
    I’m looking for a clear map that can be displayed in black and white with no gray shades or footnotes.
    If we went back in time and asked David Ben-Gurion in 1945 if Israel existed, he would have said no but I’m working on it. If you showed him your map, he would have said wow; this is more than I bargained for. Looking for the word “Israel” on the World map back then was like looking for the word Babylon on that same map. There was no such thing as Israeli passport but the word Palestine could be found on that map.
    Past 1948, the UN accepted Ben-Gurion’s creation (needless to say you don’t create something that already exists) of Israel as a State Tel-Aviv its Capital. Jerusalem happened to be beyond its UN chartered borders. Ever since, Israel’s map has been evolving like no other nation in such a short life span. Does that mean Israel is still in its birth phase? If so, what shape is it supposed to look like? And how can nations with no defined borders and physical shapes be identified and recognized?
    This reminds me of Trump’s argument for the Wall: A nation without borders is not a nation.
    Ben-Gurion once said “Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles is not a realist”
    In my opinion Israel is more of a unique phenomenon than a nation but like lighting, powerful phenomenon don’t last long. The faster they rise the faster they fall.
    Looking for more friendly inputs from our concerned Zionist friends on this forum. @joseph_lubnan :)
    Ciao

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Israeli borders:

North - Litani
    Northeast - Border extends from Mt. Hermon to Yarmouk Reserve
    South - Gulf of Aqaba
    West - Mediterranean Sea
    Southwest - Gulf of Suez
    East - Dead sea

West Bank, Gaza, and South Lebanon are occupied by Arab squatters.

Does that answer your query, old friend?

*I would like to extend an invitation for Mr. @Rachel Corrie to visit our Great State of Israel.
    Please leave bombs, their straps, and your leather em osba3 at the door.

V

Viral

Israeli borders:

North - Litani
    Northeast - Border extends from Mt. Hermon to Yarmouk Reserve
    South - Gulf of Aqaba
    West - Mediterranean Sea
    Southwest - Gulf of Suez
    East - Dead sea

West Bank, Gaza, and South Lebanon are occupied by Arab squatters.

Does that answer your query, old friend?

*I would like to extend an invitation for Mr. @Rachel Corrie to visit our Great State of Israel.
    Please leave bombs, their straps, and your leather em osba3 at the door.
    Thanks for trying but I'm looking for the map:confused:

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Viral please make sure to cite me as the source if you decide to use the map.
    All copyrights reserved. (c) Muki 2019-eternity

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Thank you for sharing…
    The map you provided along with your comment raises more questions than answers.
    I’m looking for a clear map that can be displayed in black and white with no gray shades or footnotes.
    If we went back in time and asked David Ben-Gurion in 1945 if Israel existed, he would have said no but I’m working on it. If you showed him your map, he would have said wow; this is more than I bargained for. Looking for the word “Israel” on the World map back then was like looking for the word Babylon on that same map. There was no such thing as Israeli passport but the word Palestine could be found on that map.
    Past 1948, the UN accepted Ben-Gurion’s creation (needless to say you don’t create something that already exists) of Israel as a State Tel-Aviv its Capital. Jerusalem happened to be beyond its UN chartered borders. Ever since, Israel’s map has been evolving like no other nation in such a short life span. Does that mean Israel is still in its birth phase? If so, what shape is it supposed to look like? And how can nations with no defined borders and physical shapes be identified and recognized?
    This reminds me of Trump’s argument for the Wall: A nation without borders is not a nation.
    In my opinion Israel is more of a unique phenomenon than a nation but like lighting, powerful phenomenon don’t last long. The faster they rise the faster they fall.
    Looking for more friendly inputs from our concerned Zionist friends on this forum. @joseph_lubnan :)
    Ciao

Yes, and there was even an all-Jewish Palestinian football team. Because the word 'Palestinian' back then was associated only with Jews. There was no Palestinian Arab identity, considering that many of them were recent immigrants from all over the Muslim world.

Mandatory Palestine national football team - Wikipedia

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member

As of today you can safely include Golan Heights.
    Gaza: Israel has no desire to have it because it is not a part of Promised Land.
    Judea & Samaria (WB): Israel will eventually have it for it is a part of Promise Land.

@Viral, Ice Tea's map is accurate as of 3/8/2019

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Thank you for sharing…
    Ciao
    tekhwein accusations bullshit is what you guys always fall back to... :)

V

Viral

As of today you can safely include Golan Heights.
    Gaza: Israel has no desire to have it because it is not a part of Promised Land.
    Judea & Samaria (WB): Israel will eventually have it for it is a part of Promise Land.

@Viral, Ice Tea's map is accurate as of 3/8/2019
    You sound like a kid in a candy store.:happy:
    I can understand from what you said there is no point in discussing a peaceful solution with the Palestinian authorities before Judea & Samaria are taken over. Would that be the final adjustment for a Greater Israel or there is something else promised that you need before we can wrap it up?:cool:

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You do not speak arabic?
    Of course he does.
    This guy is likely a returning (banned) member.

Why else would some new member tag you and call you a Zionist, when I have never seen you write anything that can be construed as "Zionist"?

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Nice work but you're still using shaded areas. Can't do the black and white thing...
    BTW, I can analyze your handwriting. Looks like you're a good lover:joy:
    Where do I send the bill?
    Time to pay up sunshine.

R

Randomiser

Thank you for sharing…
    Ciao
    Most of today's nations showed up in 1900-1950 period. At 1914 no Arab nation really existed except maybe Egypt as UK puppet state. Europe final borders were shaped after WW2 as well.