• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Israel: Defining its Borders as a State.

V

Viral

As French US envoy calls Israel ‘apartheid state,’ Trump’s Palestine deal looks all but doomed

As French US envoy calls Israel ‘apartheid state,’ Trump’s Palestine deal looks all but doomed

US President Donald Trump’s “deal of the century,” aimed at resolving the decades-long conflict between Israel and Palestine, looks dead in the water, as speculation continues that the plan will be far more favorable to Israel.
Gérard Araud, France’s outgoing envoy to the US, dubbed Israel an “apartheid state” in a farewell interview with the Atlantic magazine on Friday and suggested that the secret plan is “very close to what the Israelis want” and 99 percent “doomed to fail.”
Still, Arab nations, including Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, are exerting “immense pressure” on the Palestinians to accept Trump’s deal, a senior Fatah official told Iran’s Press TV on Monday. Those countries are “using all means, including political and financial blackmail” to force Palestinians into agreeing with the deal “despite all the dangers it poses to the Palestinian cause.”
Meanwhile, the Arab League pledged to pay $100 million per-month to the Palestinian Authority (PA) to fill the gap left after Israel, which collects taxes on behalf of the PA, blocked tax transfers earlier this year. Israel withheld $138 million in transfers in February over Palestinian payments to political prisoners in jail for attacks on Israelis.
Publicly, the group of Arab nations also rejected Trump’s deal, saying it “will not succeed in achieving a long-lasting and comprehensive peace in the Middle East.”
The details of Trump’s mysterious peace plan have been kept under wraps, but it is expected to be unveiled at the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan – although some reports claimed it’s aiming for Israel’s independence day, an unlikely choice for obvious reasons. The effort has been headed by Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, who was described by Araud in his Atlantic interview as someone who is “extremely smart” but “has no guts.”
Israel’s dilemma, Araud said, is making the “painful decision” about whether to leave Palestinians “totally stateless” or make them citizens of Israel. But ultimately, he said, Israel is “extremely comfortable” with the status quo, which allows them to avoid making that decision.
Analysts have been warning for months that Trump’s open favoritism towards Israel in highly controversial regional issues would prevent any deal from being taken seriously by the Palestinian side.
Trump, however, has forged ahead with provocative pro-Israel policy decisions, including recognizing Israel’s “sovereignty” over the Golan Heights, designating Iran’s Revolutionary Guards a "terrorist" organization and moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
The White House was hoping to benefit from the fact that Trump is so popular in Israel and that Palestinians might see the deal as their last chance to get “limited sovereignty,” Araud believes.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu admitted publicly in April that Israel might annex parts of the West Bank in the coming years and said a Palestinian state would “endanger” Israel’s existence. Kushner’s peace deal, unsurprisingly, is expected to stop short of offering the option of Palestinian statehood – a likely deal-breaker, since this is their core demand.
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said in March that the Trump administration’s clear pro-Israel bias means the US cannot be accepted as a serious mediator in the conflict.
US Mideast envoy Jason Greenblatt has, meanwhile, warned both sides against rejecting the deal, saying if they do so “they will have squandered an important opportunity.”

• Advertisement
  • proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    I think our friend @Rachel Corrie is mad because of what Trump admin said today vis-a-vis Iran and the terrorists of Hizbullah.

Dear forum members:
    If anyone knows anything about Hizbullah finances, please contact US Dept of State for a chance to be rewarded $10M.
    I do not know, I think loser was born mad.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It is unlawful in the way that displacing people to settle other people is and then declaring that the land is yours. That way is perticularly unlawful. The discussion wasnt abt HA today, it was about arabs starting the war..

Until the palestinians leave our country this is as much our issue too. Thise people are living in lebanon because they were kicked out if their homes because the british felt like they owed the jewish community for the war effort.
    There's over a million Palestinian refugees in Lebanon in full demographic explosion now. Is that Lebanon's problem or Israel's?
    Our main problem with Israel is their refusal to implement UN resolutions pertaining to these refugees and their return.
    We can cry over the past for five more decades, if you wish, but it won't solve our problems.

In the past, all sides behaved in ways they should not have. No one can change that now. All we have control over is how we move forward.

HA screaming day and night that they want to destroy Israel is not the way to move forward. It's not going to make Israel take back the Palestinians, and it's not going to make Israel stop violating the Lebanese airspace.

HA's stances against Israel made sense when Iaraeli soldiers were occupying south Lebanon. Today, HA's policies regarding Israel are complete nonsense.

And the worst part that they are acting unilaterally, without consulting the rest of the Lebanese.

Enough with their warmongering!

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    We can cry over the past for five more decades, if you wish, but it won't solve our problems.

In the past, all sides behaved in ways they should not have. No one can change that now. All we have control over is how we move forward.

HA screaming day and night that they want to destroy Israel is not the way to move forward. It's not going to make Israel take back the Palestinians, and it's not going to make Israel stop violating the Lebanese airspace.

HA's stances against Israel made sense when Iaraeli soldiers were occupying south Lebanon. Today, HA's policies regarding Israel are complete nonsense.

And the worst part that they are acting unilaterally, without consulting the rest of the Lebanese.

"it's not going to make Israel stop violating the Lebanese airspace" - "stop violating", will eventually happen under right circumstances.
    "It's not going to make Israel take back the Palestinians" - "take back", that will never happen.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

I am not talking about Hezbollah.
    This has always been the stance of the Lebanese government and it predates Hezbollah.

In fact, the return of the Palestinians is an international demand since it's a UN security Council resolution and it should be binding to all member states. No need to destroy Israel, just remind the warmongering whiners that they cannot keep disregarding the return of the refugees they expelled. I believe you do know the burden those Palestinians pose on the Lebanese state and honest taxpayer who really deserves a break after all the years of paying for someone else's bullying.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    I am not talking about Hezbollah.
    This has always been the stance of the Lebanese government and it predates Hezbollah.

In fact, the return of the Palestinians is an international demand since it's a UN security Council resolution and it should be binding to all member states. No need to destroy Israel, just remind the warmongering whiners that they cannot keep disregarding the return of the refugees they expelled. I believe you do know the burden those Palestinians pose on the Lebanese state and honest taxpayer who really deserves a break after all the years of paying for someone else's bullying.
    "warmongering" - I hope you do not mean Israel, otherwise you would be a liar.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    "warmongering" - I hope you do not mean Israel, otherwise you would be a liar.
    An entire Spartan community built around the sole purpose of "defense" from its entourage. Just so you know, the IDF violates the Lebanese airspace on a daily basis, not to mention incursions, kidnapping of farmers and naval patrols inside Lebanese marine territory. So yes, warmongers, scared ones for that matter as well.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    An entire Spartan community built around the sole purpose of "defense" from its entourage. Just so you know, the IDF violates the Lebanese airspace on a daily basis, not to mention incursions, kidnapping of farmers and naval patrols inside Lebanese marine territory. So yes, warmongers, scared ones for that matter as well.
    Defense is not offense - "Si vis pacem, para bellum". Israel has not started a single war, this is all that you need to know.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Defense is not offense - "Si vis pacem, para bellum". Israel has not started a single war, this is all that you need to know.
    I know what i know and what i need to know. That argument of yours is misconstrued.
    Their daily breach of Lebanese sovereignty is more than casus belli in any known norm and any retaliation from the Lebanese side is legitimate. A bully is a bully by any other name. Something you completely disregard.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    I know what i know and what i need to know. That argument of yours is misconstrued.
    Their daily breach of Lebanese sovereignty is more than casus belli in any known norm and any retaliation from the Lebanese side is legitimate. A bully is a bully by any other name. Something you completely disregard.
    "Their daily breach of Lebanese sovereignty is more than casus belli" - This is pretty dumb statement that you've made.

What "casus belli" if Israel and Lebanon are already at war, at war that was started by Lebanon.
    What "daily breach of Lebanese sovereignty" if Israel and Lebanon are already at war, at war that was started by Lebanon.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    "Their daily breach of Lebanese sovereignty is more than casus belli" - This is pretty dumb statement that you've made.

What "casus belli" if Israel and Lebanon are already at war, at war that was started by Lebanon.
    What "daily breach of Lebanese sovereignty" if Israel and Lebanon are already at war, at war that was started by Lebanon.
    You are obviously oblivious as to the history of the conflict(s) and the technicalities of engagement.
    Lebanon and Israel are currently and technically under the UNSCR1701 that mandates a ceasefire and a cessation of hostilities between the two states. A resolution that Israel continues to breach on a daily basis, hence the casus belli that can justify a Lebanese aggression in retaliation.

Your glorious bully is really a beacon unto nation.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    after long and hard thoughts,
    i came to the following conclusion

1- israel will survive as long as the west ( usa, russia, etc) keep supporting it , could be 100 years or 1000s years, depending on the support

2- if i was a jew, i will be for kicking out all muslims from israel, cause no matter what they do or how nice they treat them, muslims will hate the jews and would want to kill them
    any further delay is just a ticking time bomb
    so why leave ones enemy withing ones territory
    3- since i am not a jew, and this conflict is affecting my people., I PRAY THERE IS WAR AND LET SOMEONE , ANYONE WINS , so we know where we are heading. if tactiucall nukes, chemical weapons are used, its ok.,..let there be a clear winner

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter

Warmongering my shiny behind, people got kicked off their native lands and funneled into our country and we know the rest of the story.. they must return to their homeland, just as we are fighting fir the syrians to return.

HA’s posturing might not be the way to move forward but neither is submitting to israel.
    If israel decides to evict more palestinians from their lands after they annex the west bank, do you think they will ask you your permission to move more palestinian refugees into lebanon?

They will do it with the rest of the western eorkd cheering in the background stop deluding yourself.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    You are obviously oblivious as to the history of the conflict(s) and the technicalities of engagement.
    Lebanon and Israel are currently and technically under the UNSCR1701 that mandates a ceasefire and a cessation of hostilities between the two states. A resolution that Israel continues to breach on a daily basis, hence the casus belli that can justify a Lebanese aggression in retaliation.

Your glorious bully is really a beacon unto nation.
    "Lebanon and Israel are currently and technically under the UNSCR1701 that mandates a ceasefire and a cessation of hostilities" - When was the last time Israel and Lebanon have engaged in hostilities and fire? Date? Casus belli? etc ...