Israel - Palestine peace process

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
would you ''move on'' without justice from the atrocities and occupation of the PLO and Syrian forces during the civil war and Syrian forces occupation of the 90s?
How can I return back 6,000,000 of my brethren? I cannot.
Does it mean I must not move on? No, I must not forget, but I must move on or else.

• Advertisement
  • Ice Tea

Ice Tea

would you ''move on'' without justice from the atrocities and occupation of the PLO and Syrian forces during the civil war and Syrian forces occupation of the 90s?

That's exactly the point. Syria and Palestinians committed MUCH more atrocities and damage to Lebanon than Israel. And while Israel was just defending itself, Syrians and Palestinians were purposely targeting Lebanese civilians, especially Christians. Let's be honest, who still talks about the barbaric crimes Syrians/'Palestinians committed in Lebanon besides Christians? The same people who call Israel the enemy and that all Israelis should be genocided are the ones who call Syrians/Palestinians brothers.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Do not kid yourself.
    Moving you is not a problem, but looking good while doing it is - you are not an obstacle, the rest of the World is.
    And with such stupid rhetoric that reigns ignorance, you imagine there would ever be peace and security in the Middle East?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    That's exactly the point. Syria and Palestinians committed MUCH more atrocities and damage to Lebanon than Israel. And while Israel was just defending itself, Syrians and Palestinians were purposely targeting Lebanese civilians, especially Christians. Let's be honest, who still talks about the barbaric crimes Syrians/'Palestinians committed in Lebanon besides Christians? The same people who call Israel the enemy and that all Israelis should be genocided are the ones who call Syrians/Palestinians brothers.
    You are making it look black and white. But politics in Lebanon is not black and white. A Christian president invited the Syrian military into lebanon, in fact, to protect Christians, since the regime in Syria is led by a minority figure. Then, to this day, count all the pro Syrian Christian Lebanese allied with Assad. You'd end up with a minority Christians who are anti Syria or anti Assad.

And yes, Syrians are our brothers. In fact, many maronite families have their roots in syria. Even the founder of maronite christianity was Syrian.

There is no greater crime than genociding people and erasing their existence; israehell doesnt just kill. Israehell isn't just after power. They're after our land and erasing our history and heritage. They don't want the world to know we are indigenous to this land because we speak arabic; and not because we entirely originate in Arabia (a number of us do). Foreigners and different peoples from europe, Russia, Ethiopia, America, etc, in the name of Judaism and a nonexistent jewish race do not belong to Palestine as a people.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

You are making it look black and white. But politics in Lebanon is not black and white. A Christian president invited the Syrian military into lebanon, in fact, to protect Christians, since the regime in Syria is led by a minority figure. Then, to this day, count all the pro Syrian Christian Lebanese allied with Assad. You'd end up with a minority Christians who are anti Syria or anti Assad.
    Yes, and that was one of the many self-destrucrive mistakes Christians made in the history of Lebanon. Syria was invited, and just one year later they sided with Palestinians and were killing Christians.

Most Christians are both against the Assad regime, who are responsible for killing Lebanese and destroying Lebanon more than anyone else. And against the majority-Sunni population of Syria, who are mostly radical extremists who support ISIS/AL-Nusra/al-qaeda.

And yes, Syrians are our brothers. In fact, many maronite families have their roots in syria. Even the founder of maronite christianity was Syrian.
    Which Syrians? Each sect will only feel close to their respective sect in Syria. The difference is Christians and Druze don't feel close to ISIS supporters or the genocidal Assad regime, like Sunnis and Shias respectively.

And? Levantine Christians are ONE people. Before Pan-Arabism, 'Syrian' was synonymous with Christian. All Levantine Christians identified and were known as Syrians. While Muslims as Arabs. Syrian didn't have an Arab connotation like today. And that's why all the Syrian Churches officially changed their name to Syriac, so they are not mistaken for Arab.

There is no greater crime than genociding people and erasing their existence; israehell doesnt just kill. Israehell isn't just after power. They're after our land and erasing our history and heritage. They don't want the world to know we are indigenous to this land because we speak arabic; and not because we entirely originate in Arabia (a number of us do). Foreigners and different peoples from europe, Russia, Ethiopia, America, etc, in the name of Judaism and a nonexistent jewish race do not belong to Palestine as a people.
    Not true. Most Israelis don't give a shit about us and just want to live in peace in their historical lands. Why would they 'come after' our history and heritage if they have a culture of 3000 years of their own?

When you call Israelis fake Jews, they have the right to point the fact that Arabs are not indigenous to the Levant. You have people all the way from Morocco to Yemen saying that Jerusalem belongs to Arabs/Muslims and that 'Palestine' needs to be liberated.

Jews don't claim to be a 'race', they are a NATION. And all those groups you stated are part of the Jewish nation, that ultimately originated in Israel.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Yes, and that was one of the many self-destrucrive mistakes Christians made in the history of Lebanon. Syria was invited, and just one year later they sided with Palestinians and were killing Christians.

Most Christians are both against the Assad regime, who are responsible for killing Lebanese and destroying Lebanon more than anyone else. And against the majority-Sunni population of Syria, who are mostly radical extremists who support ISIS/AL-Nusra/al-qaeda.

Which Syrians? Each sect will only feel close to their respective sect in Syria. The difference is Christians and Druze don't feel close to ISIS supporters or the genocidal Assad regime, like Sunnis and Shias respectively.

And? Levantine Christians are ONE people. Before Pan-Arabism, 'Syrian' was synonymous with Christian. All Levantine Christians identified and were known as Syrians. While Muslims as Arabs. Syrian didn't have an Arab connotation like today. And that's why all the Syrian Churches officially changed their name to Syriac, so they are not mistaken for Arab.

Not true. Most Israelis don't give a shit about us and just want to live in peace in their historical lands. Why would they 'come after' our history and heritage if they have a culture of 3000 years of their own?

When you call Israelis fake Jews, they have the right to point the fact that Arabs are not indigenous to the Levant. You have people all the way from Morocco to Yemen saying that Jerusalem belongs to Arabs/Muslims and that 'Palestine' needs to be liberated.

Jews don't claim to be a 'race', they are a NATION. And all those groups you stated are part of the Jewish nation, that ultimately originated in Israel.
    You are well know for reinventing history, fabricating history and narrating fictitious tales and trying to pass then for facts. Do you know how many villages in the South have Aramaic names and the people, even though have become arabic speaking associate and are proud of those names? Waste of time arguing nonsense. Have a nice day and take care so another virus doesnt infect you.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

What a load of nonsense. Israel's propaganda was always about "defending itself" when in truth it had interest in land grabbing because of the resources we had at our disposal. If it was defending it self it wouldn't have occupied southern Lebanon for 18 years and wouldn't have bombed the hell out of Beirut in 1982 and occupied it. A lot of Shias still talk about PLO bullying and atrocities that have been committed in the Jnoub pre and during the civil war.

I do understand the point of view of many who were affected by the Syrian occupation and PLO during and after the civil war. The checkpoints, the atrocities, the harassment all of it. But get out of our your own bubble and go talk to Jnoubis and ask them why they have this deep hatred and anger towards Israel and they will tell you the exact same thing: the atrocities, harassment, checkpoints, bullying, land grabbing, occupation, etc... you will see that they suffered as much as anyone and in Lebanon everyone suffered equally.

@Lebmonage is correct, the ancestral lineage and genetics of northern/western Syrians are very similar to the Lebanese ones and even the Cypriots and the Greeks (from all types of religions, Muslims, Jewish, Christians). Most Israelis lineage are from Ashkenazi Jewish lineage who weren't Levant nor Mediterranean.

Don't conflict Pan Arabism with genetics/lineage, Pan Arabism is an ideology that unfortunately some people abide by it. I don't agree with Lebmonage for example on being Arabs. I have done the genetic lineage test and less than 3% of my genes comes from actual Arabs, more than 48% is Levant/Mediterranean and I'm a Jnoubi. I identify myself more as a Lebanese with Mediterranean lineage.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

No habibi,

There is no such thing as a Jewish nation. Judaism is a belief not a race, people who follow Judaism believe in their promised land based on a book and their extremists use it to justify occupation. Palestine is for everyone who wishes to live in it, not for one race or another, so it is unfortunate that a group of extremist Zionists decided to land grab and drive people out of their homes. There is no justice to what Israel has done to people who lived in those lands for a thousand of years.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    What a load of nonsense. Israel's propaganda was always about "defending itself" when in truth it had interest in land grabbing because of the resources we had at our disposal. If it was defending it self it wouldn't have occupied southern Lebanon for 18 years and wouldn't have bombed the hell out of Beirut in 1982 and occupied it. A lot of Shias still talk about PLO bullying and atrocities that have been committed in the Jnoub pre and during the civil war.

I do understand the point of view of many who were affected by the Syrian occupation and PLO during and after the civil war. The checkpoints, the atrocities, the harassment all of it. But get out of our your own bubble and go talk to Jnoubis and ask them why they have this deep hatred and anger towards Israel and they will tell you the exact same thing: the atrocities, harassment, checkpoints, bullying, land grabbing, occupation, etc... you will see that they suffered as much as anyone and in Lebanon everyone suffered equally.

@Lebmonage is correct, the ancestral lineage and genetics of northern/western Syrians are very similar to the Lebanese ones and even the Cypriots and the Greeks (from all types of religions, Muslims, Jewish, Christians). Most Israelis lineage are from Ashkenazi Jewish lineage who weren't Levant nor Mediterranean.

Don't conflict Pan Arabism with genetics/lineage, Pan Arabism is an ideology that unfortunately some people abide by it. I don't agree with Lebmonage for example on being Arabs. I have done the genetic lineage test and less than 3% of my genes comes from actual Arabs, more than 48% is Levant/Mediterranean and I'm a Jnoubi. I identify myself more as a Lebanese with Mediterranean lineage.
    My dear friend, this guy has a mental fixation and it is racist in nature. Let me summarise his existence on this forum:

1. Only Druze and Christians have Levantine genes and are indigenous to Lebanon. All Muslims, both Shia and Sunnis are from Arabia. When it is clear the Shia are the most indigenous people in Lebanon. Even Jbeil, the heartland of Christians in Lebanon and up to Tripoli, the seat of Sunnis in Lebanon, were both majority Shia, until the Turks and Ibn taymiyyah cleansed the northern half of Lebanon of Shia Lebanese presence. He wants to invent his own history out of hatred and racism and pass it as fact.

2. Israehell is a harmless dove. They only want peace.

By the way, it is good you have done a genetics/DNA test and you are born to Shia parentsand from the South. Let's hope accepts the result and wont claim the result is faulty.

I call myself an Arab because we are an Arabic speaking people thanks to Arabian conquest, by and large. However, all/many of our ancestors are not exclusively or majorly from Arabia. We are cultural and linguistically Arab due to assimilation and acculturation. However, we are not entirely or largely Arabians, even if we or some of us have some Arabian genes. But this goat wont understand. After sometime, and after explaining these things, he will still go on the same tirade and repeat the same wishful thinking and want to pass them as history. He thinks there should be a Christian- Druse alliance to counter over 60% of Lebanese Muslims (Shia and Sunni)

You can see his fellow goat also asking "Arabs" in Palestine to move to Arabia. We've repeatedly explained to him that the people of the Levant are a mixture of many ethnic nationalities over the centuries; who have coexisted and intermingled and intermarried over the centuries. They are call Arabs because they speak Arabic and the last of conquerors were Arabians who left an indelible mark. Arabian conquerors didn't just act like the Roman's did - after power and material possessions. Arabians came with a religion and a language they spread to indigenous peoples. Same in North Africa too. They wont care if some Palestinians have more Israelite/Samaritan or even Jewish ancestral genes than they have Arabian ancestry/genes. As long as they are Muslims and they speak Arabic, they must leave. And they would still wonder why israehell is tagged an apartheid state. How can European land grabbers, many of whom are converts to Judaism have more right to Palestine than Palestinians, therefore? Only their racist minds can process such a claim.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

No habibi,

There is no such thing as a Jewish nation. Judaism is a belief not a race, people who follow Judaism believe in their promised land based on a book and their extremists use it to justify occupation. Palestine is for everyone who wishes to live in it, not for one race or another, so it is unfortunate that a group of extremist Zionists decided to land grab and drive people out of their homes. There is no justice to what Israel has done to people who lived in those lands for a thousand of years.

You should try reading the Old Testament, what you wrote is completely blasphemous and against the Bible. Jews are a nation and Zion/Israel is their Land that God gave them for being the chosen people. They, alongside the Samaritans and the Christians, are the ones who lived there thousand for thousands of years, not the recent Muslim immigrants from Egypt and Arabia.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

It really depends which Syrians. Syrian Sunnis tend to be both heavily Arabian/Bedouin and Turkish/Kurdish admixed. While the Syrian Alawites, Christians and Druze tend to be 100% Levantine.

Most Israelis are Mizrahim/Sephardim, actually. And Ashkenazim are like paternally Israelite, and maternally Italian/Greek. So they are 100% Mediterranean as well.

Congrats on you results btw :)

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

My dear friend, this guy has a mental fixation and it is racist in nature. Let me summarise his existence on this forum:

1. Only Druze and Christians have Levantine genes and are indigenous to Lebanon. All Muslims, both Shia and Sunnis are from Arabia. When it is clear the Shia are the most indigenous people in Lebanon. Even Jbeil, the heartland of Christians in Lebanon and up to Tripoli, the seat of Sunnis in Lebanon, were both majority Shia, until the Turks and Ibn taymiyyah cleansed the northern half of Lebanon of Shia Lebanese presence. He wants to invent his own history out of hatred and racism and pass it as fact.

2. Israehell is a harmless dove. They only want peace.

By the way, it is good you have done a genetics/DNA test and you are born to Shia parentsand from the South. Let's hope accepts the result and wont claim the result is faulty.

I call myself an Arab because we are an Arabic speaking people thanks to Arabian conquest, by and large. However, all/many of our ancestors are not exclusively or majorly from Arabia. We are cultural and linguistically Arab due to assimilation and acculturation. However, we are not entirely or largely Arabians, even if we or some of us have some Arabian genes. But this goat wont understand. After sometime, and after explaining these things, he will still go on the same tirade and repeat the same wishful thinking and want to pass them as history. He thinks there should be a Christian- Druse alliance to counter over 60% of Lebanese Muslims (Shia and Sunni)

You can see his fellow goat also asking "Arabs" in Palestine to move to Arabia. We've repeatedly explained to him that the people of the Levant are a mixture of many ethnic nationalities over the centuries; who have coexisted and intermingled and intermarried over the centuries. They are call Arabs because they speak Arabic and the last of conquerors were Arabians who left an indelible mark. Arabian conquerors didn't just act like the Roman's did - after power and material possessions. Arabians came with a religion and a language they spread to indigenous peoples. Same in North Africa too. They wont care if some Palestinians have more Israelite/Samaritan or even Jewish ancestral genes than they have Arabian ancestry/genes. As long as they are Muslims and they speak Arabic, they must leave. And they would still wonder why israehell is tagged an apartheid state. How can European land grabbers, many of whom are converts to Judaism have more right to Palestine than Palestinians, therefore? Only their racist minds can process such a claim.

I never said that only Christians and Druze have Levantine genes and that Muslims are 100% Arabian. I only state the scientific consensus, which is all Levantine minorities (Christians, Druze, Samaritans, Alawites) are basically pristine Levantines with no foreign admixture, being genetically almost identical to ancient Canaanites, and that is because we only married within our religion. While the people who were converted by force to Islam, mixed not only with the Arabian colonizers but with other Muslim groups (Turks, Kurds, Circassians, even Bosnians).

It`s not that I claimed people are inferior for being Arabian admixed. It`s just that a find it ironic that a mixed population accuse Israelis and Jews of not being `pure` enough.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Lebanese Muslims are actually the least admixed Levantine Muslims and close to Israeli Druze and Syrians. Syrians are all over the place. And Palestinians/Jordanians are basically Bedouins.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I never said that only Christians and Druze have Levantine genes and that Muslims are 100% Arabian. I only state the scientific consensus, which is all Levantine minorities (Christians, Druze, Samaritans, Alawites) are basically pristine Levantines with no foreign admixture, being genetically almost identical to ancient Canaanites, and that is because we only married within our religion. While the people who were converted by force to Islam, mixed not only with the Arabian colonizers but with other Muslim groups (Turks, Kurds, Circassians, even Bosnians).

It`s not that I claimed people are inferior for being Arabian admixed. It`s just that a find it ironic that a mixed population accuse Israelis and Jews of not being `pure` enough.
    The Hashem family among Maronites are descendants of the Prophet Muhammad. When the ancient takfiri (Turks) were persecuting Shia, they converted to christianity for protection, since Christians had a better treatment and were regarded as people of the book. So your theory of some minorities have a "pristine" ancestry exclusive of arabian admixture fails the test.

The point you should know, assuming you dont know, is the fact that no two Lebanese from different parents have the exact genetic composition or ancestries, even within the same sect and village. Everything is found everywhere. The reason you find the same surnames among Sunnis, Shias, druze, and Christians. There are families separated by religion in the past. That seems to he a concealed aspect of our Lebanese history. No one wants to speak about it. There were conversions into and out of all sects.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

The Hashem family among Maronites are descendants of the Prophet Muhammad. When the ancient takfiri (Turks) were persecuting Shia, they converted to christianity for protection, since Christians had a better treatment and were regarded as people of the book. So your theory of some minorities have a "pristine" ancestry exclusive of arabian admixture fails the test.

The point you should know, assuming you dont know, is the fact that no two Lebanese from different parents have the exact genetic composition or ancestries, even within the same sect and village. Everything is found everywhere. The reason you find the same surnames among Sunnis, Shias, druze, and Christians. There are families separated by religion in the past. That seems to he a concealed aspect of our Lebanese history. No one wants to speak about it. There were conversions into and out of all sects.
    Of course some Muslims saw the light and converted to Christianity and then mingled with other Christians. We're an accepting religion after all and every one is welcome. But the few who converted were not enough to impact the community's genetic profile as a whole.

Family names are not really a good indicator for ancestry since Levantine Christians were gradually Arabized by force. A Christian 'Mansour' from Lebanon and a Muslim 'Mansour' from elsewhere in the Arab world don't share the same ancestry.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Of course some Muslims saw the light and converted to Christianity and then mingled with other Christians. We're an accepting religion after all and every one is welcome. But the few who converted were not enough to impact the community's genetic profile as a whole.

Family names are not really a good indicator for ancestry since Levantine Christians were gradually Arabized by force. A Christian 'Mansour' from Lebanon and a Muslim 'Mansour' from elsewhere in the Arab world don't share the same ancestry.
    A Lebanese Muslim Mansour wont have the same ancestry with an Egyptian Muslim Mansour either.

But a Lebanese Muslim Fawaz, Hashem, Dergham, Harb, Aoun, Haddad, Marooni etc would mostly share a lot of the same ancestral genes with Lebanese Christians who bear the same surnames.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    And with such stupid rhetoric that reigns ignorance, you imagine there would ever be peace and security in the Middle East?
    Israel has peace and getting more and more secure even as we speak.

As to my stupid rhetoric, the moment you decided to throw Jews into the sea all bets went off.

Now you are living with consequences of your smart rhetoric.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Your scientific consensus is way off

Read the study published by Pierre Zalloua

https://www.cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(17)30276-8
    New scientific study indicates genetic continuity in the Levant | LAU News

"In this pioneering study, the scientists sequenced whole genomes of five Canaanite individuals who lived 4,000 years ago in Sidon, a major Canaanite city-state. They also sequenced the genomes of 99 Lebanese, and analyzed the genetic relationship between ancient Canaanites and modern-day Lebanese. The results indicated that Bronze Age Canaanite-related ancestry was widespread in the region, particularly in Sidon and Jordan.

Furthermore, DNA analysis suggested that more than 90 percent of present-day Lebanese descended from the Canaanites—themselves an admixture of local Neolithic populations and eastern migrants—and only a small proportion from Eurasians. The latter, it is believed, only arrived in the region around 3,750-2,170 years ago.

What the findings imply is significant genetic continuity in the Levant since the Bronze Age.

Zalloua explains that “the study provides additional support to the notion that people do not move unless there is a compelling reason for them to do so. The Levant has provided its inhabitants with an ideal environment since the Last Glacial Period: fair climate, and plenty of food and water, so there was no reason for people to leave. If you ask the modern-day Lebanese about their country, despite all the social and political problems they might have faced, they will tell you that they love their land. They have been occupying it for millennia.”

The genetic differences between lebanese non muslims and muslims are so small. All Lebanese be it Sunni, Shia, Christian, Jew and Druze are highly similar in their genes. All has the J2 marker (Levant marker) in their dna and it accounts to approximately 30% or more in ALL Lebanese sects. For example my family has it more than 30% . the J1 marker (arab decent gulf and north africa )accounts in 21% of Lebanese Muslims (mostly in Sunni population because a lot of today's Beirutis were immigrants from North Africa) and 17% of non Lebanese Muslims. There is no evidence that Christians and druze are the original Levantines. Not to mention that the today's genetic population in Tyre and Sidon can be traced back to ancient Phoenicians.

No one claims Israelis are not pure enough, where did you get that idea from? stop listening to extremists. Only extremists in Lebanon think we are different because of sects when the truth is we are not. When you see a light tanned black hair Mediterranean male it would be difficult to guess if he is a Ali, a Charbel, a Omar or a Jad. because we all look the same.

The whole idea why we criticize Israel is because a lot of Lebanese, especially Jnoubis have suffered enough from their occupation, atrocities and bullying. Most Jnoubis have nothing against the Jews, and if there were any jew who would like to live in the outskirts of Nabatieh and practice their faith they are welcomed with open arms and left in peace. Jnoubis are very hospitable just like the rest of the Lebanese population. So when someone says that IDF and Israel can do nothing wrong is an insult to all the people who died and suffered under their hands. Sheikh Bashir understood that, that's why he had a change of heart and told the Israelis to do one, he might not have been everyone's cup of tea but he saw Israeli occupation.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Fair enough for you to identify yourself as an Arab. I have nothing against that.

For me identity is more than language, it's about culture, genes and values. Ours are totally different than North Africans and Arab gulf. but everyone can identify as they wish because we are free to choose and not tell people who and what they are. I hate it when extremists tell me I'm not Levant for example when my genes tell me otherwise. Why, because I was born Shia? it's ridiculous. It is also ridiculous to brand Arab-ism in front of people's faces and force them to accept it.

Our 3ame is very ancient and I don't like to put under the sub set of Arabic because the Lebanese dialect/language was influenced by Arabic, Canaanite, Phoenician and other evolved modern words like French, Italian and Turkish. It is neither Arabic nor Phoenician, it's a language of it's own with many influences. You can compare with Swedish, Danish and Norwegian. Scandinavians all speak the same but we don't call it Scandinavian language!

We can converse with other dialect speaking countries around the ME because of the Arabic influence , but how hard is it to understand an Emirati or a Qatari or even certain Egyptians when they talk in their language? It's difficult!

Yes, you cannot force out indigenous people who've been living in the same lands for more than a thousand years. This is anti-justice and type of bullying. Then tell them go live in "Arabia". It is a form of extremism and the Mizrahi Jews that @Ice Tea states are not descendants from those lands, they actually immigrated there and North Africa, but they are descendants of Babylonian Jews of modern day Iraq, Iran and Eastern Europe.