Israeli Violation of Lebanese Airspace--- Update only

The Alchemist

The Alchemist

Everyday the story repeat itself.. Up to when the UN are going to remain quite?? up to when HA will keep on watching this??? We've never heard the government condeming those acts,, Why?? A big question mark about the government calmness !!!!!

Today 21st Feb 2007..
Naharnet Breaking News

Israeli warplanes violated Lebanese airspace on Wednesday drawing anti-aircraft fire from the Lebanese army in south Lebanon, the National News Agency said.

• Advertisement
  • jiugiusti

jiugiusti

Everyday the story repeat itself.. Up to when the UN are going to remain quite?? up to when HA will keep on watching this??? We've never heard the government condeming those acts,, Why?? A big question mark about the government calmness !!!!!
    What do you want the government to do? anno now the government is the responsible for the israeli air violation? they are dealing with the issue with the UNIFIL and the UN as much as they can.

To please you, I would suggest that the army retreieves from the south and have HA back with his 'iranian anticraft missiles' on the borders and we go for another round of war next july but this time have israel destroying lebanon completely...
    But then again, who cares, as long as god is on HA sides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    If the gov is not responsible for Lebanon's sovereignty, then who is responsible???? and instead of buying arms for thier militias let them arm the Lebanese army with advanced anti-aircraft missles or some war planes.....walaw ma they are getting money from Paris 3.....

LebArmenian

LebArmenian

HA should start using their new missiles( anti aircraft ) or give them to the army in the condition of firing towards the israelis as soon as they cross the airspace.

i dont think that the goverment is brave enough to do it , so it leaves us to the 1st option , HA should take down those planes .

Mey

Mey

What do you want the government to do? anno now the government is the responsible for the israeli air violation? they are dealing with the issue with the UNIFIL and the UN as much as they can.
    So jui, the government is not responsible for my country's sovereignity ?

The government and the UNIFIL are to blame. UNIFIL more than the government of course because we are abiding by 1701 while Israel is not.

Abufijli

Abufijli

To please you, I would suggest that the army retreieves from the south and have HA back with his 'iranian anticraft missiles' on the borders and we go for another round of war next july but this time have israel destroying lebanon completely...
    3anjad can you not come up with something better?

Our airspace is being violated, the government complains(I hope it does) to the UNIFIL, the UNIFIL does nothing, Israel keeps violating our airspace. Same old same old. It's a broken record and you are here having a crack at HA, and at people who say the government do something. What would you suggest ya3ni? Sit on our hands and do nothing for ever? Seriously dude you got to stop this blind hate and think logically for a moment. If HA or the army attacks one of those planes Lebnanon will be attacked regardless of who does it. Bas we have to defend our airspace at any price.

RobettA

RobettA

WHAT DO U WANT THE GOVERMENT TO DO?
    --

Last edited by a moderator:
    jiugiusti

jiugiusti

Posted by abufijili:
    "Bas we have to defend our airspace at any price."

Very logical?
    Are you living litterature (you studied and read) or what?

What would you do if GMA/HN and allies the president and the ruler of lebanon?
    Would you wage a war against Israel like you (GMA) did against syria?
    Would you want to see lebanon destroyed?

And unless you want the army/HA to get iranian anticraft missiles to hit israeli missile and want to see whole lebanon destroyed, learn to be pragmatic and less idealistic and living in illusion and less ideologist.
    "Doing the right thing in the right ways' is what any president, government, etc. should do in time of conflicts?

Abufijli

Abufijli

Posted by abufijili:
    "Bas we have to defend our airspace at any price."

Very logical?
    Are you living litterature (you studied and read) or what?

What would you do if GMA/HN and allies the president and the ruler of lebanon?
    Would you wage a war against Israel like you (GMA) did against syria?
    Would you want to see lebanon destroyed?

And unless you want the army/HA to get iranian anticraft missiles to hit israeli missile and want to see whole lebanon destroyed, learn to be pragmatic and less idealistic and living in illusion and less ideologist.
    "Doing the right thing in the right ways' is what any president, government, etc. should do in time of conflicts?

You see there is a difference between me and you.

I take my national pride very seriously, you don't.

When I was in Lebanon, and those planes used to fly over I felt like somebody was raping someone dear to me right infront of my eyes, I was blind with rage. Because I have pride, you want to live under Israel's mercy that is fine, go for it, but I refuse to. If we down one of there planes, yes there will be a severe punishment, but they will respect our sovereignty after it, a small price to pay to be able to live without the threat of those planes hanging over our heads for so long.

coralie

coralie

Legendary Member
    Jiu
    do you realy believe that this goverment is dealing with this issue the proper way ? then if that so how come they are not heard and why the israely are still invading our airspace ? maybe because they do not take our goverment seriously ? or because they do not care ? or because they are the masters of the game and unifil is an international joke for them ? just tell me ? why is nt israel doing the same in jordan air space ? or syria ? ahhhhh and dont restart you HA thing cause realy it became a broken disk !
    our goverment is incompetent and impotent ..thats all ma hadan bi red 3alayoun .

Lebanese-Nationalist

Lebanese-Nationalist

Is this thread meant to make people forget about the Lebanese fisherman that was killed by the Syrians? Forgive me, but it seems like it came out of nowhere.

Abufijli

Abufijli

SHN has said that he will wait to see what the UNIFIL and the government will do. But he stressed that they will not wait long if our borders are being violated. If the UNIFIL and the government are unwilling to defend Lebanon then the people will take that responsibility once again.

Arze

Arze

Legendary Member
    Is this thread meant to make people forget about the Lebanese fisherman that was killed by the Syrians? Forgive me, but it seems like it came out of nowhere.
    Do you think the memory of the Lebanse that short??? I doubt!!!
    We are against all attacks and all kind of violance,If it comes from Syria,, Israel,, or any other country,,,, This incident happened today,, so y not to highlit on it???why you're bothered and disturbed??

L

Lemon

The government options are basically the following:

1) Do nothing, and let HA take care of the country's defense (and offense).
    2) Bring the issue up with UN and UNIFIL, as well as diplomatic meetings with leaders of the world. Now that they all pledge support for Siniora, it would be a good time to request them to show this support somehow.
    3) Resolution 1701 doesn't say anything about overflights, but it does call for Lebanon and Israel to negotiate a more comprehensive ceasefire. This is the most sensible option, if it wasn't for the fanatics who don't want Lebanon to have any kind of deal with Israel unless bombs are falling.
    4) Buy or otherwise acquire anti-aircraft weapons and start shooting down Israeli planes. Israel will most certainly retaliate.
    5) Secure the Syrian border and put an end to weapons smuggling, thereby removing the reason for overflights. This alone will not stop Israel, but it would help with implementing every other option (except #1 of course).

Did I miss any?

F

freak

No it is not..

It is a thread to remind all those who forgot and are not caring about the daily Israeli violations even today ..

Also:
    تعرض اعلاميين لاطلاق نار اسرائيلي
    21 شباط 2007
    افيد ان عددا من مندوبي وسائل الاعلام تعرضوا عصر امس لاطلاق نارمن قبل جيش الاحتلال ‏الاسرائيلي اثناء قيامهم بواجبهم المهني في القطاع الشرقي.‏
    وفي التفاصيل انه وبينما كان الزملاء طاهر ابو حمدان مندوب «الوكالة الوطنية للاعلام» ‏وحسين حديفة مندوب جريدة «اللواء» وعمر يحيى مندوب جريدة «المستقبل» يقومون بجولة ‏اعلامية في تلال كفرشوبا شرقي البلدة واثناء تجوالهم في محيط بركة بعثائيل وعلى بعد 250 ‏متراً من الخط الازرق هناك فتحت القوات الاسرائيلية نيران رشاشاتها المتوسطة باتجاههم مما ‏اضطرهم الى الترجع نحو موقع تابع للكتيبة الهندية على بعد امتار معدودة من مكان الحادث ‏والذي طلب عناصره من الزملاء الاعلاميين مغادرة المنطقة حفاظا على سلامته​

coralie

coralie

Legendary Member
    no it is not meant to make ppl forget about the Lebanese fisherman killed by syrians unless you missed it there was a thread opened about this subject that was wildely disscussed ... seems you missed that one huh ?

Incognito

Incognito

Government isn't responsible?

How can a government NOT be responsible?

The whole argument behind March 14 is that the "government is the sole authority in the country". And now you're telling me it's not responsible?

Ok then, if the government doesn't WANT to be responsible, as you're suggesting, then put Hizballah back, at least they were doing something.

Back to the topic on an intelligent level, the only way Lebanon will be able to prevent Israel is by developing its own military, which it cannot do because it requires an active government and an active economy. That is something far beyond our sights, as jiuguisti has demonstrated to us. Whilst we still have a large proportion of Lebanese, like jiuguisti, who don't think South Lebanon is part of Lebanon and that a Lebanese Government is not responsible for this piece of land, then Israeli jets will continue to fly as they please.

F

freak

The government options are basically the following:

1) Do nothing, and let HA take care of the country's defense (and offense).
    2) Bring the issue up with UN and UNIFIL, as well as diplomatic meetings with leaders of the world. Now that they all pledge support for Siniora, it would be a good time to request them to show this support somehow.
    5) Secure the Syrian border and put an end to weapons smuggling, thereby removing the reason for overflights. This alone will not stop Israel, but it would help with implementing every other option (except #1 of course).

Did I miss any?
    2) The US doesnt back anyone unless they do something for them.. The US doesnt only back Siniora they are ' proud of him' , one of the only few leaders in the world.. This diplomatic meeting , will have all on the same side whats the use?

5) No matter what. Even if Iran publicly sends weapons to Lebanon, Israel has no f****** right to violate Lebanese airspace, in fact any Lebanese land

JD06

JD06

unitl iran stops sending hezb katusha and sends thm some new surface to air missiles. if u knock down a israeli warplane while its in our airspace thy have no right to attack us, its our right. i wonder what will happen if iran sent its planes over u.s.a

Rye

Rye

Dude! you enjoy twisting subjects to sound like a conspiracy theory against Lebanon. As if we are less Lebanese or something...

Fatte7 3iounak... try to gain back some common sense!