Israeli visa on passport

Cicily

Hey guys,
A person I know (turkish passport but living in the US) will need to travel to israel (Palestine المحتلة) as a professor with his American institute. His passport will not be stamped, But since he is originally from another country which "israel" requires a visa upon entry from, his passport will have an Israeli visa.
Does this mean he will not be able to visit Lebanon again?
He truly believes that since he is a foreigner and will have only a visa with no stamp he will be allowed in Lebanon. But I think it is false.
Your input is appreciated!

Last edited:

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hey guys,
A person I know will need to travel to israel (Palestine المحتلة) as a professor with his American institute. His passport will not be stamped, But since he is originally from another country which "israel" requires a visa upon entry from, his passport will have an Israeli visa.
Does this mean he will not be able to visit Lebanon again?
He truly believes that since he is a foreigner and will have only a visa with no stamp he will be allowed in Lebanon. But I think it is false.
Your input is appreciated!
Does he hold a Lebanese or a foreign passport? If the passport is forign then is he a resident of Lebanon? Finally, is he going to The West Bank or to Israel proper?
If his passport is forign, he may have no problem and the decision is with the immigration officer as to allow him in or not. I know of people who got in with a stamp.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
@Isabella werent ur friends in that situation?

No they were Jewish with the last name Cohen so quite well known to be Jewish but they've never been to Israel and wanted to come to Lebanon ... They got a visa from the Lebanese consulate here and had no issues when they visited last summer, they loved it, batroun was their favourite other than zahle of course :p

Cicily

Does he hold a Lebanese or a foreign passport? If the passport is forign then is he a resident of Lebanon? Finally, is he going to The West Bank or to Israel proper?
If his passport is forign, he may have no problem and the decision is with the immigration officer as to allow him in or not. I know of people who got in with a stamp.

They have a turkish passport but have been residents of the United States for more than 10 years

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
They have a turkish passport but have been residents of the United States for more than 10 years
I think that they will be ok but as I said that these decisions like everywhere in the world rest with the immigration officer.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member

Renew the passport and get one with no stamp for going to lebanon as it is checked on foreign passports in lebanon. I have even wen it to lebanon with a non lebanese passport and it was the only question i was asked and they went through the pages.

Cicily

Renew the passport and get one with no stamp for going to lebanon as it is checked on foreign passports in lebanon. I have even wen it to lebanon with a non lebanese passport and it was the only question i was asked and they went through the pages.

Passport renewal is not an option, sadly

wdawle1

We do have alot of American basketball players coming to Lebanon who played in Israeli Basketball league. ( Mark Lyons - Wikipedia , many others too). So I dont get logic behind allowing basketball players, but not other humans.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
If passport has any israeli stamp of visa they will be refused entry. My friend renewed their passports before going, that's the only way.
I was in line at Beirut and airport and was talking to a cypriot who had her passport stamped. She was coming for an NGO conference and she was allowed in regardless of the stamp.
If he is a University professor arriving for an academic work for a few days he is likely to get in because Lebanon may not want to make headline news with a story like this unless it wants to.
I mean now Hariri is hostile to the Turks

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
I was in line at Beirut and airport and was talking to a cypriot who had her passport stamped. She was coming for an NGO conference and she was allowed in regardless of the stamp.
If he is a University professor arriving for an academic work for a few days he is likely to get in because Lebanon may not want to make headline news with a story like this unless it wants to.
I mean now Hariri is hostile to the Turks
This is not a risk I would advise anyone to take.

!Aoune32

My friend from Iraq but with Australian citizenship wanted to go to leb. The silly woman didnt get her passport stamped but had a sticker on her passport from when she went to the enemy state. When she went to leb she forgot to take the sticker off and so they banned her for life into entering at beirut airport.