It has been 6 years now since the Syrian Civil War started

• Advertisement
  • Venom

Legendary Member
    Major battles should end in Syria before the end of the year.....this includes the liberation of Raqqa, East Ghouta , Idlib and breaking the seige of Deir el Zour

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Major battles should end in Syria before the end of the year.....this includes the liberation of Raqqa, East Ghouta , Idlib and breaking the seige of Deir el Zour
    I really doubt Idlib will be liberated before the end of this year. How can they possibly manage to shift men and resources there ? When all of what the SAA has been doing is shifting Rebels power to Idlib (from Damascus pockets)

Maybe DEZ and East Gouta.

Venom

Legendary Member
    I really doubt Idlib will be liberated before the end of this year. How can they possibly manage to shift men and resources there ? When all of what the SAA has been doing is shifting Rebels power to Idlib (from Damascus pockets)

Maybe DEZ and East Gouta.
    Once they are done with ISIS , I think all the resources will be shifted to Idlib....unless they have enough men to start this battle before finishing other ones.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The Syrian war is one war that would leave its impact on the global understanding of the dynamics mobilizing into war. Specifically when one speaks of the value systems that govern and regulate the formation of players and associated public opinion around conflict. We learn from the Syrian war how people are shaping meaning of the values of security as the central value from within which all other values emerge. This we observe while we see the Syrians shaping the process of institutional transformation in Syria.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    The Lebanese uncivil war lasted for..? and there was mainly only Syria that kept feeding it with fuel. Scale it up to Syria and also add the number of big players and pawns feeding the Syrian war.

Even after the military much certain defeat da3esh and its jihadi cousins are bound to, imagine how easily the next stage of extended war is set by simply arranging the assassination of Bachar. In a blink of an eye you'd have six more years of, at least, not-peace.

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
    imagine how easily the next stage of extended war is set by simply arranging the assassination of Bachar. In a blink of an eye you'd have six more years of, at least, not-peace.
    Good point. Thinking of Bachir murder and then Sabra & Shatila, if Bashar is assassinated things could explode between the Alawites and Sunnis in Damascus.