Informational IT professionals

• Advertisement
  • JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Several people I know have opened offices in Lebanon but they are unsatisfied by the level of unprofessionalism and the inconveniency.

They say other than righting standard code, developers lack fundamental knowledge of computer science ex: object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms.

Anyone experienced such things??

Iron Maiden

Several people I know have opened offices in Lebanon but they are unsatisfied by the level of unprofessionalism and the inconveniency.

They say other than righting standard code, developers lack fundamental knowledge of computer science ex: object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms.

Yes lebanese CS diplomas and engineering grauate lack the proper training, pardigms and any advanced Understanding of new CS topics.

We are basically getting educated by people who were honing their skills in the 80s and 90s and dont know how far from the curve they've fallen.
    Disclaimer: my educational background in leb was back in 2011 i dunno how things changed since then. Fir example i was told most of the teachinf staff and curriculum at my school were changed a couple if years ago but i dont know what and who replaced em. But it cant be any worse..

La mesh la hal daraje unless you're maybe hiring people 35+ of age. The above is definitely highly exaggerated or bad luck or in an non-urban underdeveloped area. There's a small community of obsessed programmers in Lebanon that are nothing less than geniuses, but the rest graduated with CS or CE because "hayde el meshe". That's the problem in Lebanon post-Taef. The political class has killed the Lebanese culture. Kello sar bazzi2 w lazzi2. Universities are just cash cows. There's a minority of geniuses who innovate and they exist (but mostly eventually immigrate), but the rest are just plain average or above average.

Last edited:

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    La mesh la hal daraje unless you're maybe hiring people 35+ of age. The above is definitely highly exaggerated or bad luck or in an non-urban underdeveloped area. There's a small community of obsessed programmers in Lebanon that are nothing less than geniuses, but the rest graduated with CS or CE because "hayde el meshe". That's the problem in Lebanon post-Taef. The political class has killed the Lebanese culture. Kello sar bazzi2 w lazzi2. Universities are just cash cows. There's a minority of geniuses who innovate and they exist (but mostly eventually immigrate), but the rest are just plain average or above average.
    Are there any online groups where these nice gentlemen/women can be found?
    I mean the geniuses that you talked about

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    @Skunk are you in IT?
    The only explanation I find that someone is in Dublin is because many tech companies opened there for the incentives they the Irish government have them. :)

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    @Skunk are you in IT?
    The only explanation I find that someone is in Dublin is because many tech companies opened there for the incentives they the Irish government have them. :)
    How else would i be able to secure a work permit and sponsorship here ? :p

Yes i agree with what said above
    Anyone who works in IT should immigrate
    There is no future in Lebanon

JustLeb

Legendary Member

What company are you working for ?
    You are free not to reply :D

Are there any online groups where these nice gentlemen/women can be found?
    I mean the geniuses that you talked about
    www.lebgeeks.com. Of course not all of them are geniuses, but you'll talk to very educated people. Bi dillouk 3al matra7 el sa7i7. Plus, searching through www.bayt.com and others, it's very easy to spot the passionate IT guy from the m3affan. I know people with no degree who are the best at what they do.

Man shoul hal *** ente :p Sara3t rab allah taba3na inno PMA and Bassil will usher in a new golden age, bterja3 bt2oul there's no future in Lebanon for IT. I beg to differ, if the indian and russian peasants can do it, we certainly can. We need to strengthen the infrastructure of the country first.

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    What company are you working for ?
    You are free not to reply :D
    I prefer not to name the company :)

I am a Solutions Architect/Senior dev/technical consultant

Without going to much details i am certified and work on a universal platform that can be extended to serve different industries

I worked on public sector projects/Transportation/Banking/Real Estate/Sales Automation/Financial services/Hospitality

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Man shoul hal *** ente :p Sara3t rab allah taba3na inno PMA and Bassil will usher in a new golden age, bterja3 bt2oul there's no future in Lebanon for IT. I beg to differ, if the indian and russian peasants can do it, we certainly can. We need to strengthen the infrastructure of the country first.
    This is my age to secure a future
    With all due respect
    Sorry but i got no time to waste in a country filled with incompetent and stupid people.

I tried to make it work in Lebanon, and i always reached the end of the road

As for Lebanon and stuff
    Eventually i’m planning to go back
    W ra7 dal esra3ak ma tkhaf

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Dude ya7ene l indians kellon hon w 3am bimouto 3a job opening bi Europe
    Competition is very high there and they also cannot secure a future that easily

This is my age to secure a future
    With all due respect
    Sorry but i got no time to waste in a country filled with incompetent and stupid people.

I tried to make it work in Lebanon, and i always reached the end of the road

As for Lebanon and stuff
    Eventually i’m planning to go back
    W ra7 dal esra3ak ma tkhaf
    I meant since this is your sector, what needs to change in Lebanon so we can compete globally? There are many indian and russian firms based in their home countries, selling software that are making loads of money. And now with the age of AI, billions await.

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    I meant since this is your sector, what needs to change in Lebanon so we can compete globally? There are many indian and russian firms based in their home countries, selling software that are making loads of money. And now with the age of AI, billions await.

No one heard of Lebanon in europe so keep that in mind.
    And if they did hear of it, they think it’s a warn torn country.

Right now India and south east Asia dominate the outsourcing market with their super cheap rates.
    Beating the indian/vietnamese rate is impossible due to how expensive Lebanon is compared.

That’s why i suggest every IT person to work hard and immigrate and secure a future abroad.

No one heard of Lebanon in europe so keep that in mind.
    And if they did hear of it, they think it’s a warn torn country.

Right now India and south east Asia dominate the outsourcing market with their super cheap rates.
    Beating the indian/vietnamese rate is impossible due to how expensive Lebanon is compared.

That’s why i suggest every IT person to work hard and immigrate and secure a future abroad.
    How much indians get paid per hour to work as customer support?