• Hello Guest

Please bear with us! The Orange Room is being restructured.

It seems you forgot...

LEBORANGE

While surfing on the net, I remembered an old website that I used to check some years ago.

This website is nowadays out of service, however you can still find a single page.

It is this page that I would like to highlight in this thread:

<table bordercolorlight="#FFFFFF" bordercolordark="#FFFFFF" border="1" bordercolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="8" height="1" width="96%"><tbody><tr><td bordercolor="#000000" colspan="2" height="63" valign="bottom" width="80%">
May 16, 2001.
"Remembering Sheikh Hassan Khaled... "
</td> </tr> <tr> <td bordercolor="#FFFFFF" height="1" valign="bottom" width="40%">
</td> <td bordercolor="#FFFFFF" height="1" valign="bottom" width="40%">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" height="1" width="100%">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td bordercolor="#FFFFFF" colspan="2" height="627" valign="top" width="80%"> Goal: That day in 89 Sheikh Hassan Khaled was assassinated... Today we distribute a press release remembering a day when another Lebanese Leader was assassinated for his Freedom stands. Refer to list of events in Press Releases index.
Strategy:
Distribute a Press release in commemoration at Mathaf, Sodeco and Ain el Mraisseh.
Events:
  • Distribution Started at Mathaf were four of our students were captured and taken to the "Damascus Road" ISF station. It is important to note that a person in civil tried to create a problem then he made a couple of calls after that the ISF dropped by in quantities.
  • Distribution continued when again the same bunch of civil persons dropped by and tried to take the press releases from the students while pushing s girl.
  • The Students in reaction blocked the road.
  • The Army dropped by with armed M16's ready to start a battle with that a truck full of ISF arrived and carried everybody to the station. The students were arrested for 4 hours then released. Their crime: DISTRIBUTING A PAMPHLET!
Names of the arrested students:
Lize Chahine
Elsy Moufarrej
Margeritta AbouHanna
Ziad Chalhoub
Ralph BouNassif
Rabih Traboulsi
Toni Oryan
Fadi AbouJamra
Marouan Lahoud
Georges Jabbour
Elie Salloum
Julien Chahine
Elie Gharios
Nawal Naim
Chadi Merhi
Abdo Ragheb
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Source: http://www.fpmstudents.org/index1.htm

It seems YOU forgot...

...where YOU were, and where WE were on this May 16, 2001...
...what YOU did, and what WE did
on this May 16, 2001...
...what YOU wanted and what WE wanted on this May 16, 2001...

This May 16, 2001 is a common day in FPM history, but every single common day in FPM history is a hundred years of SHAME in their history...

FPMers do not forget what Pierre Raffoul told in 1989:

"التاريخ ما بيرحم و الشعب ما بيرحم"

omega_fpm.jpg

We can use this thread to refresh their memories by posting news from archives about those common days in our history.

• Advertisement
    Rez'allah !

Lest we forget all the oppression FPM & opposition went through during the syrian occupation in the name of freedom, sovereignty, and independence.

It's such a honorable history that drives many (i am talking about myself, at least) to keep hope in FPM being the main cataclyst for change in Lebanon, irrespectively of disagreements about the way FPM is being run currently, or some alliances here and there.

It's such a shame seeing these young guys and gals being called syrians and iranians after all they went through. It's an insult to our collective conscience to see insulted those who represented our conscience during the Syrian occupation.

lebanon_revolution_12.jpg

Lest we forget ...

PS : I hope this thread won't be politicized. That goes for both haters and chauvinists.

Zouxi

Rez'allah !

Lest we forget all the oppression FPM & opposition went through during the syrian occupation in the name of freedom, sovereignty, and independence.

It's such a honorable history that drives many (i am talking about myself, at least) to keep hope in FPM being the main cataclyst for change in Lebanon, irrespectively of disagreements about the way FPM is being run currently, or some alliances here and there.

It's such a shame seeing these young guys and gals being called syrians and iranians after all they went through. It's an insult to our collective conscience to see insulted those who represented our conscience during the Syrian occupation.

lebanon_revolution_12.jpg

Lest we forget ...

PS : I hope this thread won't be politicized. That goes for both haters and chauvinists.
    very touching indeed, i can rember a schoolmate of the names listed above called Tony Orian, who used to participate with great courage in every FPM demonstration, sit-in and rallies, i remeber when he didnt come to school for more than 2 months because he was arrested and jailed in Rounieh.

however, when i see the pictures above i just feel with a great honor and proud with our long shining history throughout 2 decades of syrian occupation and terrifying ruling consecutive govermnents forming the right hand of the syrian occupation in Lebanon.

our shining long history cannot be erased or deformed by cowards or traitors, our golden history began with a man's dream, though inspired, leaded and instituted by this man called GMA, our destiny is continuity beyond persons, our destiny is tightly associated with our lebanese dream.

don't expect from a bunch of cowards to be fair with you and with your long history of honor and glory.

long live FPM, long live GMA and long live our beloved wounded Lebanon.

zouxi.

...where YOU were, and where WE were on this May 16, 2001...
    ...what YOU did, and what WE did
    on this May 16, 2001...
    ...what YOU wanted and what WE wanted on this May 16, 2001...
    Yes you were there, but where are you now???

The past doesn't matter... people are still dying BY THE SAME PEOPLE who killed Sheikh Hassan Khaled.

WHERE ARE YOU NOW???

The past doesn't matter... people are still dying BY THE SAME PEOPLE who killed Sheikh Hassan Khaled.

WHERE ARE YOU NOW???
    We r where we were before: against any occupation, wisayeh, corruption...

The pathetic thing is that u also r still where u were! with wisayeh, with corruption...

Our journey is long but we r seing the light at the end of the tunnel..

coralie

Legendary Member

WHERE ARE YOU NOW???
    WE ARE STILL HERE ...

with the same will , the same power to fight all forces of evil those who for so long sold our country to forigners .

WE ARE STILL HERE
    fighting for you and all the lebanese to have a respectable clean country with laws that protect all the rights of the citizens as equal .

WE ARE STILL HERE .
    THE SAME FPM who alone fought for the freedom of this country not only AGAINST the syrien ooccupation but against the mortal disease called corruption ...

we are still here and we remember because we were the ones who payed the price the question should be DO YOU REMEMBER ??? WHERE WERE YOU BACK THEN AND WERE ARE YOU TODAY AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING ??? what did you do back then and what some of you pretend to be today ?
    (i m not adressing you personaly GOC the you is in general)

FPM is still here working hard like it always did ... but can we ask the blind to see ? or the deaf to hear ?? or should we ask the liar to start saying the TRUTH ....or maybe ask the ones without conscience to start a memorie recollection ???

We r where we were before: against any occupation, wisayeh, corruption...

The pathetic thing is that u also r still where u were! with wisayeh, with corruption...

Our journey is long but we r seing the light at the end of the tunnel..
    Light at the end of the tunnel who helped you see it? Karami and Franjieh (who are SOO MUCH AGAINST WISAYEH) or Murr (who is so much against corruption)????

And please don't talk about me, as if I'm with 14 March... just because I'm against you doesn't make me with them. Sometimes when you stick with the truth you have to fight it alone. Unfortunately something FPM stopped doing.

X

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

WHERE ARE YOU NOW???
    May i ask you where are you now? you as GOC, where are you? what are you doing? :huh:

GMA forever

Light at the end of the tunnel who helped you see it? Karami and Franjieh (who are SOO MUCH AGAINST WISAYEH) or Murr (who is so much against corruption)????

And please don't talk about me, as if I'm with 14 March... just because I'm against you doesn't make me with them. Sometimes when you stick with the truth you have to fight it alone. Unfortunately something FPM stopped doing.
    Some people fight for what is right, some people stick with the wrong! For the ones that pretend standing in the middle, they are as good as standing with the wrong, since they see the wrong and don't do anything against it.

Well well well...the one and only who helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel is myself! I dont need people to guide me...do u?

PFC

Legendary Member

karame,frangieh and murr are lebanese and i prefer them to sharon,olmert,and peretz

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The greatest misconception people have about FPM is that we used to be against Syria, and now we're with it. I don't see the difficulty in understanding, GOC_WU_BASS, the fact that FPM was and always will be against any form of occupation, even if it's political bullying by Western powers. Savvy?

May i ask you where are you now? you as GOC, where are you? what are you doing? :huh:
    Ya X you know exactly how tied up the GOC is now... we are considered 3oumala... our leader has a death sentence by our former Syrian government. You know very well the GOC guys joined the army during Aoun's days to fight the tahrir war and were part of all the student struggles during the occupation years. Now we are working underground with many groups! you probably have heard... especially with Koudama el LF, Loubnanouna etc....

rayograph

I know one of Mufti Khaled's sons very well, and if you ask him who killed his father you'd be surprised what his answer would be... yes it was the Syrian Intelligence but the request came from one of the major leaders in the march 14's gang... w fehmak kfeyeh!

As for Franjiyeh and Karami, we said it in many posts in many threads, this alibi has been used and abused and it's completely out-of-date... Everyone in Lebanon was with Syria when it was occupying Lebanon, can you name one who wasn't??? but the important difference is that there were totally hypocrit people who begged Syria in the dark to make them MPs or ministers, and used their relationship with it for personal purposes and advantages and to conceal it, constantly attacked it verbally (Nayla Mouawad, Boutros Harb, etc...) and then there were the straight-forward ones who were never ashamed to say they support Syria, but only used their relationship with it to the general advantage of Lebanon (as an example remember how Franjiyeh saved LBC from closing).

GMA forever

Ya X you know exactly how tied up the GOC is now... we are considered 3oumala... our leader has a death sentence by our former Syrian government. You know very well the GOC guys joined the army during Aoun's days to fight the tahrir war and were part of all the student struggles during the occupation years. Now we are working underground with many groups! you probably have heard... especially with Koudama el LF, Loubnanouna etc....
    And how come the "new anti syrian government" is not lifting the ban on Abou Arez to come back.

If you are going to answer me because of Hizballa, well 2 things for you my dear, hay 7ejje ma bte2le 3ejje as Hizballa is not in the government anymore, plus after the MoU between FPM and Hizballa, Hizballa doesn't have anything against the Lebanese in Israel anymore, as long as the government will deal with them.

Justice for all Lebanese

Justice for Abou Arez!

needfortruth

'March 14' are just as bad as Franjiyeh, Karami,.... We find Franjiye, Karami,... less hypocrite.

PFC

Legendary Member
    i don't think that FPM positions and ethics changed
    and i don't think that any of the FPMers on this forum is against
    the return of Abou Arz and the thousands of lebanese accused unjustly
    of collaboration

Youchka

Legendary Member

WHERE ARE YOU NOW???
    I won;t answer where we are now, no need to waste time. Howeer I liked your "the past doesn't matter". yeah because murderers like Geagea and Joumbkat, thieves like Hariri and his gang, collaborators who never missed a chance to lick a boot, wherever it's made, had a 30 year-late sahwit damir (which by the way I do not believe in) we should forget all the horrible things they did and believe their good will now, 3am tehlam.

coralie

Legendary Member
    well now Lebanon is free of the so called "former syrien goverment" is nt it ??? (mmmm good question coralie :sneaky2: ) why are you still working under ground ??? no light in the end of your tunnel ? or you still feel the "syrien goverment " in power ? we are working in the day light i think because we never sold our selves to any one and through the years our struggle was and still is for all the lebanese so we have no fear ...... our principles were and still are the same !