• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

IT/Web dev cost in Lebanon in current times

D

doomit

Hi everyone,

With current crisis in Lebanon, does anyone have a view on the situation regarding Web development offer? Is there a lot of capacity - and what is the average daily rate expected by lebanese web developers?
I am trying to assess whether setting up a team locally in Lebanon to develop projects for Europe could be a good idea. Payment would be done from Europe to Lebanon.

Thanks for the help anyway

• Advertisement
  • Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    a big challenge is payment and currency in which you are paying and they are collecting :)

dyyyy

dyyyy

Hi everyone,

With current crisis in Lebanon, does anyone have a view on the situation regarding Web development offer? Is there a lot of capacity - and what is the average daily rate expected by lebanese web developers?
    I am trying to assess whether setting up a team locally in Lebanon to develop projects for Europe could be a good idea. Payment would be done from Europe to Lebanon.

Thanks for the help anyway
    Several companies now are luring talents by offering them salaries in fresh dollars, so you won't be the only one, but yes the salaries did go down, don't know the exact numbers, but I assume you can get a decent developer (fresh engineer) for 700-800$/month if it's fresh money

V

vicking747

I did the same. I hired local developers and they are really good compared to Indians.
    Encourage them to use templates such as Joomla or Wordexpress

Problem with most of the developers is that they may not be fully up to date with the latest tech so you need to guide them a bit, however regardless they will do a great job.