• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

OR Candidates It's OK to call another Oroomer an a**hole

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
OK, not really. But you can always find a better way to convey the same message.
Instead of asking someone to eff off, you can tell him he's the reason God created the middle finger.
Tired of @Isabella’s feminist rants? You can simply tell her that she’s too smart for a woman.
If elected a moderator, my goal will not be to police the forum, but to foster a healthy debating culture where people act like gentlemen, even when insulting each other.
Let’s face it. Online forums are not for the faint of heart. In these times of uncertainty, people are resorting to online forums to let off some “hela hos”. Should we deny them this relief?

On my agenda for the upcoming year:

• The return of the disappeared: @Indie @Libnene Qu7 @Mighty Goat @Nayla @kmarthe @HannaTheCrusader @spacecreature @owsum are cherished members of Oroom who, for years, graced the forum with their charming presence. We deserve to know their online fate, and why they are no longer as active as before.
  • An “almost everything goes” policy: I pledge not to censor any mockery or ridicule of any politician or religious icon, as long as the post is free of profanity. That’s not a green light to curse gods or prophets, but forum members should be able to call out political/religious BS without any fear of getting banned.
  • Brutal objectivity: As an independent, I don’t subscribe to the notion that Israel is the enemy and Syria, a sisterly country. Therefore, I will not ban anyone for simply showing more affinity to a once-occupying force over the other. Exception: Condoning violence against Lebanese civilians.
  • Non-bias: As a supporter of the uprising against corruption, I will ensure that news of the demonstrations are being accurately reported. Posts that only aim to tarnish the protesters’ image will be deleted. Likewise, any attempt to defame a government official without solid evidence will not be tolerated.
  • Diversity: Now that Grindr is banned, I think Jo should capitalize on this to attract the LGBTQ audience. Gay people can enrich the forum with intellectual debates about whether size matters or if Kylie beats Madonna. The “orange” room should be all colors of the rainbow.
  • Ensuring minority voices are heard: Are they really a minority or simply a silent majority? Neo-Crusaders, anti-Khomeinists, Lebanese Christian gene researchers, flat-earthers, global warming deniers, and Nawful Daou’s supporters have long been an oppressed and ridiculed on this forum. As a moderator, I intend to make their voices heard, as long as they do it in a respectful manner.
At the end of the day, I may not be the perfect candidate.
My anti-Islam views irk the apologists, my liberalism irritates the puritans, and my anti-Aounism gives Ormod headaches. But now that HA’s candidate @Lebmonage is officially running for moderator under a suspicious new name, and a certain LF drunkard is using the elections to fulfill a personal vendetta against Jo, I think you can do a lot worse than vote for me.
To paraphrase president Aoun, “eza ma 3endon moderators awédim bil Oroom, yhéjro”

AFJ,
the honest moderator with a plan.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
OK, not really. But you can always find a better way to convey the same message.
Instead of asking someone to eff off, you can tell him he's the reason God created the middle finger.
Tired of @Isabella’s feminist rants? You can simply tell her that she’s too smart for a woman.
If elected a moderator, my goal will not be to police the forum, but to foster a healthy debating culture where people act like gentlemen, even when insulting each other.
Let’s face it. Online forums are not for the faint of heart. In these times of uncertainty, people are resorting to online forums to let off some “hela hos”. Should we deny them this relief?

On my agenda for the upcoming year:

• The return of the disappeared: @Indie @Libnene Qu7 @Mighty Goat @Nayla @kmarthe @HannaTheCrusader @spacecreature @owsum are cherished members of Oroom who, for years, graced the forum with their charming presence. We deserve to know their online fate, and why they are no longer as active as before.
  • An “almost everything goes” policy: I pledge not to censor any mockery or ridicule of any politician or religious icon, as long as the post is free of profanity. That’s not a green light to curse gods or prophets, but forum members should be able to call out political/religious BS without any fear of getting banned.
  • Brutal objectivity: As an independent, I don’t subscribe to the notion that Israel is the enemy and Syria, a sisterly country. Therefore, I will not ban anyone for simply showing more affinity to a once-occupying force over the other. Exception: Condoning violence against Lebanese civilians.
  • Non-bias: As a supporter of the uprising against corruption, I will ensure that news of the demonstrations are being accurately reported. Posts that only aim to tarnish the protesters’ image will be deleted. Likewise, any attempt to defame a government official without solid evidence will not be tolerated.
  • Diversity: Now that Grindr is banned, I think Jo should capitalize on this to attract the LGBTQ audience. Gay people can enrich the forum with intellectual debates about whether size matters or if Kylie beats Madonna. The “orange” room should be all colors of the rainbow.
  • Ensuring minority voices are heard: Are they really a minority or simply a silent majority? Neo-Crusaders, anti-Khomeinists, Lebanese Christian gene researchers, flat-earthers, global warming deniers, and Nawful Daou’s supporters have long been an oppressed and ridiculed on this forum. As a moderator, I intend to make their voices heard, as long as they do it in a respectful manner.
At the end of the day, I may not be the perfect candidate.
My anti-Islam views irk the apologists, my liberalism irritates the puritans, and my anti-Aounism gives Ormod headaches. But now that HA’s candidate @Lebmonage is officially running for moderator under a suspicious new name, and a certain LF drunkard is using the elections to fulfill a personal vendetta against Jo, I think you can do a lot worse than vote for me.
To paraphrase president Aoun, “eza ma 3endon moderators awédim bil Oroom, yhéjro”

AFJ,
the honest moderator with a plan.

And to think I was going to vote for you! Tle3et I'm the major target in your plan? Boooohh down with the a**hole

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Moderators, apologies for the provocative campaign slogan, but if you read on you can actually realize it's for a noble purpose.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
A more gentleman-like manner to tell someone that, is to say he's the reason food doesn't get stuck in your stomach.
It's not as crude, and gets the message across.

The forum would be such a reflection of Lebanese values under your supervision. Anyone can take classes on insults, vulgarity and their euphemisms. Thanks for the lessons. We need moderators, not clowns.

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The forum would be such a reflection of Lebanese values under your supervision. Anyone can take classes on insults, vulgarity and their euphemisms. Thanks for the lessons. We need moderators, not clowns.

Is Jo willing to fund your anger management courses, should you get elected? I sure don't want my donations to the forum to be wasted on that.