• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

OR Candidates It's OK to call another Oroomer an a**hole

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Killon Ya3ni Killon. He'll get to others once you're out of the Government and your corruption of the forum is halted!!!

Ma fi, I'm too entrenched in the system 👀 who do you think manipulated at least 3 of the candidates into running, including Mr A4J here. I'm changing my nickname to isabelpor to reflect my super secret sneakiness

Edit: you're green!!! Toll sawbna shrab ahwe 😅

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ma fi, I'm too entrenched in the system 👀 who do you think manipulated at least 3 of the candidates into running, including Mr A4J here. I'm changing my nickname to isabelpor to reflect my super secret sneakiness

Edit: you're green!!! Toll sawbna shrab ahwe 😅
Then you should change your subtitle to "Puppet Master".

I would love to "mayel" for an ahwe but still can't figure out how to make it work... wanted to jump into some back and forth re. Salim el Hoss yesterday but couldn't even share a tiny sentence. I'm afraid at my advanced age, I'm technologically challenged.

The Bidenator

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
If I need anger management classes, I can pay for them. But the forum can't afford to take care of someone with multiple personality disorder. Its way costlier to treat than anger management.

No, it's not.
With A4J, instead of one friend you get two... or more! Nothing to treat 🙂.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Then you should change your subtitle to "Puppet Master".

I would love to "mayel" for an ahwe but still can't figure out how to make it work... wanted to jump into some back and forth re. Salim el Hoss yesterday but couldn't even share a tiny sentence. I'm afraid at my advanced age, I'm technologically challenged.

@Apostate get him in he'll compensate for your stubbornness :p

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
OK, not really. But you can always find a better way to convey the same message.
Instead of asking someone to eff off, you can tell him he's the reason God created the middle finger.
Tired of @Isabella’s feminist rants? You can simply tell her that she’s too smart for a woman.
If elected a moderator, my goal will not be to police the forum, but to foster a healthy debating culture where people act like gentlemen, even when insulting each other.
Let’s face it. Online forums are not for the faint of heart. In these times of uncertainty, people are resorting to online forums to let off some “hela hos”. Should we deny them this relief?

On my agenda for the upcoming year:

• The return of the disappeared: @Indie @Libnene Qu7 @Mighty Goat @Nayla @kmarthe @HannaTheCrusader @spacecreature @owsum are cherished members of Oroom who, for years, graced the forum with their charming presence. We deserve to know their online fate, and why they are no longer as active as before.
  • An “almost everything goes” policy: I pledge not to censor any mockery or ridicule of any politician or religious icon, as long as the post is free of profanity. That’s not a green light to curse gods or prophets, but forum members should be able to call out political/religious BS without any fear of getting banned.
  • Brutal objectivity: As an independent, I don’t subscribe to the notion that Israel is the enemy and Syria, a sisterly country. Therefore, I will not ban anyone for simply showing more affinity to a once-occupying force over the other. Exception: Condoning violence against Lebanese civilians.
  • Non-bias: As a supporter of the uprising against corruption, I will ensure that news of the demonstrations are being accurately reported. Posts that only aim to tarnish the protesters’ image will be deleted. Likewise, any attempt to defame a government official without solid evidence will not be tolerated.
  • Diversity: Now that Grindr is banned, I think Jo should capitalize on this to attract the LGBTQ audience. Gay people can enrich the forum with intellectual debates about whether size matters or if Kylie beats Madonna. The “orange” room should be all colors of the rainbow.
  • Ensuring minority voices are heard: Are they really a minority or simply a silent majority? Neo-Crusaders, anti-Khomeinists, Lebanese Christian gene researchers, flat-earthers, global warming deniers, and Nawful Daou’s supporters have long been an oppressed and ridiculed on this forum. As a moderator, I intend to make their voices heard, as long as they do it in a respectful manner.
At the end of the day, I may not be the perfect candidate.
My anti-Islam views irk the apologists, my liberalism irritates the puritans, and my anti-Aounism gives Ormod headaches. But now that HA’s candidate @Lebmonage is officially running for moderator under a suspicious new name, and a certain LF drunkard is using the elections to fulfill a personal vendetta against Jo, I think you can do a lot worse than vote for me.
To paraphrase president Aoun, “eza ma 3endon moderators awédim bil Oroom, yhéjro”

AFJ,
the honest moderator with a plan.

Thank you for thinking about the "disappeared" :) I am super busy at work and that's the only reason I am not having enough time to be in the OR on a more frequent basis! Idtada el tawdi7 ;)

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
At least, now we know your whereabouts. My campaign's first objective is achieved and I'm not even in office yet. The 3ahed has a lot to envy.

Eza ba3d ma wselet 3al office w heyk, Allah yestour if you are elected :p

I wish you the best of luck in keeping a decent debating quality cos in times like these the chabibeh tend to go in all directions :)

Bonne chance!

Danny Z

Legendary Member
أكدت مصادر مطلعة لـ"الجديد" أن وزير الخارجية والمغتربين في حكومة تصريف الاعمال جبران باسيل صادر موقع رئاسة الجمهورية بإعلانه موعد الاستشارات وصادر موقع رئيس مجلس الوزراء بتحديد شكل الحكومة كما صادر إرادة النواب بإعلان اسم الرئيس المكلف قبل اجراء الاستشارات وكل هذا التعدي على الصلاحيات ناتج عن دور ذهب منه هباءا بين ارجل المتظاهرين.

ma fi ye23od 3a2el, 7arkashoun

I am JustLeb and I approve this message :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
massader ma 3enda 2esem, maybe you are the massader since you approve the message

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
أكدت مصادر مطلعة لـ"الجديد" أن وزير الخارجية والمغتربين في حكومة تصريف الاعمال جبران باسيل صادر موقع رئاسة الجمهورية بإعلانه موعد الاستشارات وصادر موقع رئيس مجلس الوزراء بتحديد شكل الحكومة كما صادر إرادة النواب بإعلان اسم الرئيس المكلف قبل اجراء الاستشارات وكل هذا التعدي على الصلاحيات ناتج عن دور ذهب منه هباءا بين ارجل المتظاهرين.

ma fi ye23od 3a2el, 7arkashoun

I am JustLeb and I approve this message :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ad manno 7arkashoun hal Bassil, he ended up in a thread he has no business being in.

Nayla

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
OK, not really. But you can always find a better way to convey the same message.
Instead of asking someone to eff off, you can tell him he's the reason God created the middle finger.
Tired of @Isabella’s feminist rants? You can simply tell her that she’s too smart for a woman.
If elected a moderator, my goal will not be to police the forum, but to foster a healthy debating culture where people act like gentlemen, even when insulting each other.
Let’s face it. Online forums are not for the faint of heart. In these times of uncertainty, people are resorting to online forums to let off some “hela hos”. Should we deny them this relief?

On my agenda for the upcoming year:

• The return of the disappeared: @Indie @Libnene Qu7 @Mighty Goat @Nayla @kmarthe @HannaTheCrusader @spacecreature @owsum are cherished members of Oroom who, for years, graced the forum with their charming presence. We deserve to know their online fate, and why they are no longer as active as before.
  • An “almost everything goes” policy: I pledge not to censor any mockery or ridicule of any politician or religious icon, as long as the post is free of profanity. That’s not a green light to curse gods or prophets, but forum members should be able to call out political/religious BS without any fear of getting banned.
  • Brutal objectivity: As an independent, I don’t subscribe to the notion that Israel is the enemy and Syria, a sisterly country. Therefore, I will not ban anyone for simply showing more affinity to a once-occupying force over the other. Exception: Condoning violence against Lebanese civilians.
  • Non-bias: As a supporter of the uprising against corruption, I will ensure that news of the demonstrations are being accurately reported. Posts that only aim to tarnish the protesters’ image will be deleted. Likewise, any attempt to defame a government official without solid evidence will not be tolerated.
  • Diversity: Now that Grindr is banned, I think Jo should capitalize on this to attract the LGBTQ audience. Gay people can enrich the forum with intellectual debates about whether size matters or if Kylie beats Madonna. The “orange” room should be all colors of the rainbow.
  • Ensuring minority voices are heard: Are they really a minority or simply a silent majority? Neo-Crusaders, anti-Khomeinists, Lebanese Christian gene researchers, flat-earthers, global warming deniers, and Nawful Daou’s supporters have long been an oppressed and ridiculed on this forum. As a moderator, I intend to make their voices heard, as long as they do it in a respectful manner.
At the end of the day, I may not be the perfect candidate.
My anti-Islam views irk the apologists, my liberalism irritates the puritans, and my anti-Aounism gives Ormod headaches. But now that HA’s candidate @Lebmonage is officially running for moderator under a suspicious new name, and a certain LF drunkard is using the elections to fulfill a personal vendetta against Jo, I think you can do a lot worse than vote for me.
To paraphrase president Aoun, “eza ma 3endon moderators awédim bil Oroom, yhéjro”

AFJ,
the honest moderator with a plan.
Wlk I'm here, watching you 😏😏
Wen hal ghaybé??