Jacques Chirac, the greatest French president since Charles de Gaulle?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Lebanon's loyal friend has passed away.
During his tenure, Lebanon enjoyed the best relations with France marked by mutual support on the international scene. This is a chance to reflect on the man's legacy, his relationship with Hariri, and his contributions to our country, from supporting Lebanon's economic development to helping push Syrian troops out of the country.

May he rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    Actually that would be François Mitterrand according to the french, but Jacques Chirac wasn't that far behind. May he rest in peace

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Actually that would be François Mitterrand according to the french, but Jacques Chirac wasn't that far behind. May he rest in peace
    I don't know how true this is, but I heard that, even though Charles de Gaulle was a celebrated war general, he was disliked by many as a president.

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    I don't know how true this is, but I heard that, even though Charles de Gaulle was a celebrated war general, he was disliked by many as a president.
    No there were two polls conducted recently on French presidents (Ve République ), one with de Gaulle one without, the one with de Gaulle he got 65% of the vote, the one without François Mitterrand was in first place with 31%

It's a tradition for the French to hate their president maybe that's why he was hated, they've forgiven him since :p

Last edited:
    ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

To quote Elie Bassil: "habla wa massakouwa tabla"
    (I'm referring to you of course)
    I'm not the one who drooled on twitter yesterday all night tweeting about the dead crusader with flies buzzing over his rotten body

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I'm not the one who drooled on twitter yesterday all night tweeting about the dead crusader with flies buzzing over his rotten body
    Hopefully sometime soon, you'll be drooling over Baghdadi's dead body. But you won't see any flies buzzing around. Even insects wouldn't touch dat ting.

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

Hopefully sometime soon, you'll be drooling over Baghdadi's dead body. But you won't see any flies buzzing around. Even insects wouldn't touch dat ting.
    3al janneh deghreh enshallah ... 7asseuytak edeya2et nafssian ?

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    When are we returning the French Mandate?

Reactions: LVV
    Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Lebanon's loyal friend has passed away.
    During his tenure, Lebanon enjoyed the best relations with France marked by mutual support on the international scene. This is a chance to reflect on the man's legacy, his relationship with Hariri, and his contributions to our country, from supporting Lebanon's economic development to helping push Syrian troops out of the country.

May he rest in peace.
    Kids... Not old enough to remember how he sold his ass and Lebanon to Saudi Arabia and Hariri. Not to mention, he was a huge supporter of the Syrian occupation. Friend of Lebanon in Alice in Wonderland were the world is upside down. Apart from that, one of the most corrupt politicians France has ever seen. That's a lot to say considering stiff competition.

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    Kids... Not old enough to remember how he sold his ass and Lebanon to Saudi Arabia and Hariri. Not to mention, he was a huge supporter of the Syrian occupation. Friend of Lebanon in Alice in Wonderland were the world is upside down. Apart from that, one of the most corrupt politicians France has ever seen. That's a lot to say considering stiff competition.
    Take it up with the French, my man!

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

IsaBells

IsaBells

Orange Room Supporter
    You could also find 26% of Americans who think G W Bush was the 2nd coming of the Messiah.
    Cool, I answered the question was Jacques Chirac the greatest president in France since de Gaulle with a poll that puts François Mitterrand at the top. I did not state my opinion regarding him, yet you found it appropriate to call me a kid and quote me in a post that had nothing to do with me. I linked the poll in question as support for my post, I stand by it, the French think François Mitterrand was the greatest in the last 40 years and Jacques Chirac comes in second place.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Say what you want about Hariri and Saudi Arabia. The 1990's were Lebanon's second Golden age (after Camille Chamoun's era)
    The much-overhyped 3ahed is the worst era Lebanon has ever witnessed. Much ado about nothing.

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Say what you want about Hariri and Saudi Arabia. The 1990's were Lebanon's second Golden age (after Camille Chamoun's era)
    The much-overhyped 3ahed is the worst era Lebanon has ever witnessed. Much ado about nothing.
    Highly subjective statement to associate Hariri's tenure with a so-called golden age.

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    1990 was the year straight after war, building what was destroyed is not a golden age, but it looks like it for people who have no idea! It was the harirism and co. golden age.