Jacques Chirac, the greatest French president since Charles de Gaulle?

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Say what you want about Hariri and Saudi Arabia. The 1990's were Lebanon's second Golden age (after Camille Chamoun's era)
The much-overhyped 3ahed is the worst era Lebanon has ever witnessed. Much ado about nothing.
That's if you ignore all the corruption of Berri, Hariri, and Jumblatt. It's why we are in the present situation.

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Say what you want about Hariri and Saudi Arabia. The 1990's were Lebanon's second Golden age (after Camille Chamoun's era)
    The much-overhyped 3ahed is the worst era Lebanon has ever witnessed. Much ado about nothing.
    Gold 18 karat tara2ouk hobb ?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

@LVV @Ice Tea one of the greatest crusaders and Lebanon's most loyal friend is being disparaged on this forum.

IsaBells

IsaBells

All the jingle ladies, put your hands up!
    Orange Room Supporter
    not true... They had a great fire in notre dame... two great football teams that won the World Cup and a few great restaurants :)
    There's a great black cloud due to a fire at a factory in Rouen that may or may not be extremely toxic as well

LVV

LVV

@LVV @Ice Tea one of the greatest crusaders and Lebanon's most loyal friend is being disparaged on this forum.
    You want an historical perspective
    He is the most popular President after DeGaule
    His mandate is seen as a failure
    He won the elections of 1995 to lose parliamentary elections in 1997
    In 2002 he won against the Front National
    19861988 he was a good liberal PM
    No major achievement during his presidency
    Some limited reforms
    He abolished military service
    The referendum on the Europeans constitution failed in 2005
    But his role was important in supporting the euro referendum in 1991
    He was loved because he was jovial, sympathetic
    Easy going
    He refused to deal with the extreme right and he recognized France responsibility during the Shoah
    In 2005 the banlieues were on fire
    Museum about prehistoric art was a major success
    He believes that all cultures were equal
    About Lebanon he was closer to Rafic Harriri than anybody else
    He helped Lebanon a lot
    Paris 1/2
    Electricity in 1996
    1559 for Syria to leave Lebanon
    At the same time most Christians or a great number of them felt he support Harriri
    In short He said France is the Church ⛪ daughter but didn’t act on it
    A jovial man who was loved because he didn’t disturb anybody and finished love by most

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Respect for Harriri
    no respect for Hariri. he should be in Lebanon standing side by side with the President figuring this economy issue out. stop prostituting yourselves to the west ie Hariri to France.

opium

opium

Kids... Not old enough to remember how he sold his ass and Lebanon to Saudi Arabia and Hariri. Not to mention, he was a huge supporter of the Syrian occupation. Friend of Lebanon in Alice in Wonderland were the world is upside down. Apart from that, one of the most corrupt politicians France has ever seen. That's a lot to say considering stiff competition.
    Lebanese Christians felt so proud when Chirac visited Lebanon.
    When he had a meeting at USJ with the students . One student asked him about the Syrian occupation and when he will help Lebanon to get free. Annoyingly Chirac defended the Syrian presence publicly and it was aired on TV! I still remember how much we felt disappointed and disgusted at the time.
    Chirac wasn't a friend for Lebanon, he was Hariris friend only.

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Cool, I answered the question was Jacques Chirac the greatest president in France since de Gaulle with a poll that puts François Mitterrand at the top. I did not state my opinion regarding him, yet you found it appropriate to call me a kid and quote me in a post that had nothing to do with me. I linked the poll in question as support for my post, I stand by it, the French think François Mitterrand was the greatest in the last 40 years and Jacques Chirac comes in second place.
    W Ana in 3rd

LVV

LVV

no respect for Hariri. he should be in Lebanon standing side by side with the President figuring this economy issue out. stop prostituting yourselves to the west ie Hariri to France.
    Come on Bro
    He was like a father to him

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lebanese Christians felt so proud when Chirac visited Lebanon.
    When he had a meeting at USJ with the students . One student asked him about the Syrian occupation and when he will help Lebanon to get free. Annoyingly Chirac defended the Syrian presence publicly and it was aired on TV! I still remember how much we felt disappointed and disgusted at the time.
    Chirac wasn't a friend for Lebanon, he was Hariris friend only.
    Thank you, chirac is just another kalb who legitimized the syrian occupation

LVV

LVV

Thank you, chirac is just another kalb who legitimized the syrian occupation
    He is dead have some dignity
    Second the guy passed 1559 which liberate Lebanon with Crusader Bush ( Syrians left )
    Plus Paris 1 and 2
    Plus 1701 to end 2006 war
    So have some shame and a little decency and objectivity
    He prefers Harriri but he loved Lebanon