• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Jamil el Sayyed Attacking Saad Hariri

• Advertisement
  • Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You are knowingly transforming the Tribunal into a political pissing match against the current government. All of this is well orchestrated with enough propaganda to reach the moon! :)
    As a matter of principle, I have always rejected the STL, from the moment it was suggested, and when everyone was agreeing on the principle itself.

You can review my old posts for that matter, and I still maintain my position today, stronger than ever.

As for the so-called pissing contest, it is not of my interest. My arguments were always clear and sustained, consistent and legally founded.

I have yet to see those who swear by this STL, challenging any of them.

Resistancefrom89

Resistancefrom89

The infringement may have already occurred, through occupation-inspired laws drafted under the occupation's gun, that may still be in the books... You know more about such things than many of us given your background in law.
    Isn't this the irony of destiny: those occupation-inspired laws drafted under the occupation's were done under Hariri father, from which he benefited by consolidating his power in Lebanon (move most of his clan into senior position in the administration, the famous law of Palestinian Naturalisation, the marginilisation of Christians, the transfer of Power from the Christian to his clan etc..). Interesting that those law will now bite back the clan that benefitied from their establishment in the 1st place...

Rira bien qui rira le dernier, a bon entendeur Salut!

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The point is, it doesn't matter if Lebanon cooperates or not, or whether there is a treaty or not. The Tribunal was conceived under chapter 7 and is independent of the Lebanese political and judicial systems.
    Yes but Lebanon is not bound by any of its works and our judges should be recalled and our money should be back too.

After that, let the UNSC take the resolutions it wants to enforce this fake tribunal's decisions. Then we will see whether we abide or not.

Talk about national sovereignty...eh?

Rock

Rock

Yes but Lebanon is not bound by any of its works and our judges should be recalled and our money should be back too.

After that, let the UNSC take the resolutions it want to enforce this fake tribunal's decisions. Then we will see whether we abide or not.

Talk about national sovereignty...eh?
    Lebanon is bound by all laws, decision and resolutions of the UN

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The infringement may have already occurred, through occupation-inspired laws drafted under the occupation's gun, that may still be in the books... You know more about such things than many of us given your background in law.
    There are treaties that go back to the fifties, and common Lebanese laws that recognize foreign judiciaries decisions, (not only Syrian) provided certain sets of rules and standards that the Lebanese court decides whether they are met or not.

Everyday there are foreign judicial decisions that are applied on the Lebanese territory, and others that are deemed non applicable.

Same for the Lebanese court decisions, to be applied on foreign soil.

It is as simple as that.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    When we'll get to such resolutions, we might discuss the extent of their applications, in light of our sovereignty and national security and interests.

As for the time being,

Lebanon is not bound by this STL's decisions and is not bound to cooperate with it, because the so-called treaty that established the rules and modalities of cooperation, is non existent.

J

jmh

I'm not talking about the way the STL was established.

I'm talking about the "treaty" of cooperation between the Lebanese State and the STL.

This "treaty" has no legal ground. Therefore, Lebanon must cease cooperation with the STL immediately, until a legal treaty is signed and ratified.

Clear now?
    That was signed on June 5, 2009, so what's the issue with it? Post-Doha everyone had agreed that Constitutional arrangements were in place.

Anyhow, as Joseph pointed out, it's very much a formality as Lebanon's relation to the Tribunal was determined under Security Council Resolution 1757, and Ch. VII powers.

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    That's exactly my point since the beginning.

I would've preferred if the FPM and its supporters would just sit and watch scum beat each other.

hehe, the last time I proposed that a collective lawsuit be filed against him, in this same forum, I was accused of stirring hate and even some people defended Sayyed as being innocent.
    No one accused you of stirring hate in that thread, stop making up lies to score points against FPM. I remember well that the vast majority would support you in that particular case but they regard him as an innocent person in Hariri' assasination. The two cases can't be compared, you are accusing a person of murder here rather than political persecution he exerted during his reign. If you stole money for example I can't put you in jail for a murder crime, capiche?

BTW the only people with the right to persecute Jamil el Sayyid are the FPMers, the ja3ja3ists slept with him for four years and the FMers licked his balls for 15 years during the Syrian occupation.

J

jmh

Second, the Syrian judicial system, like any other, has its own set of rules that determine their jurisdiction.

One almost universal criteria that all judicial systems invoke for declaring their competence, is the involvement of nationals in the crime that is being presented to their court.

Which is obviously the case.
    Let's take Mehlis's arrest warrant. A German recommended the arrest of a Lebanese to Lebanese authorities. Mehlis did have contact with Syrians, but that had nothing to do with Sayyed, who initiated this court action. So I can't see how Syria has jurisdiction.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That was signed on June 5, 2009, so what's the issue with it? Post-Doha everyone had agreed that Constitutional arrangements were in place.

Anyhow, as Joseph pointed out, it's very much a formality as Lebanon's relation to the Tribunal was determined under Security Council Resolution 1757, and Ch. VII powers.
    A treaty must be negotiated by the President and co-signed by it, then ratified by the Parliament, in order to be legal.

Which is not the case here and the opposition has always denounced that. Mind you that this was the reason that led HA to leave the government in 2006. Because they were not given even 24 hours to read the content of that treaty, that was then, and after they left the government, agreed on by a non constitutional council of ministers.

As for the UNSCRs...There is not UNSCR yet, that specifies how could Lebanon (or any other country) be bound by the tribunal's work and findings, or that puts in details the modality and rules of cooperation.

It is being done according to an illegal treaty.

Therefore, cooperation must stop and Lebanese judges recalled, until a legal treaty is regularly signed between the State of Lebanon and the STL.

J

jnooobi

every dog gets his day too bad march 14 you put your foot in it

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Let's take Mehlis's arrest warrant. A German recommended the arrest of a Lebanese to Lebanese authorities. Mehlis did have contact with Syrians, but that had nothing to do with Sayyed, who initiated this court action. So I can't see how Syria has jurisdiction.
    Syria, like almost any other country, considers that it has jurisdiction whenever an alleged crime is committed by one of its nationals.

There is no need to complicate things to understand that.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    wallaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

there are over 20 UN resolution that forces israel to leave lebanese land...
    why israel is not bound to them

and we in lebanon bednna to be unbound by 1 UN resolution as well...............

wallaawwwwwwwwwwww..shi bi shi looooooool..

let the blues come and arrest HA........we will be watching them :tongue:

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    FPM's stance ya the Jade should be with the righteous, and in this case it is Jamil el Sayyid, whether you like the man or not. He could be in jail for political persecution crimes but not for the crime of killing Hariri.

The FM gang never had morales or integrity, all they ever cared about was power and money. When the Syrians were strong in Leb they were crawling to Anjar everyday. When the Syrians became weak they used the American political leverage to rule the country for another five years. When the Syrians came back strong they crawled to Syria again to guarantee their reign over Lebanon.

They're a bunch of Saudi controlled Mafia and I will be more than happy if Jamil el Sayyid takes every little one of them down.

A

Atlantis

FPM's stance ya the Jade should be with the righteous, and in this case it is Jamil el Sayyid, whether you like the man or not. He could be in jail for political persecution crimes but not for the crime of killing Hariri.

The FM gang never had morales or integrity, all they ever cared about was power and money. When the Syrians were strong in Leb they were crawling to Anjar everyday. When the Syrians became weak they used the American political leverage to rule the country for another five years. When the Syrians came back strong they crawled to Syria again to guarantee their reign over Lebanon.

They're a bunch of Saudi controlled Mafia and I will be more than happy if Jamil el Sayyid takes every little one of them down.
    Totally agree.
    I even would take it a step further; with this kind of "mafia" ruling, Lebanon needs someone like Jamil Essayed to "fikkelon ra3biton". I never liked him, but now I believe him and respect him more than anyone else.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    When Walid Joumblat was threatening to hang the unjustly arrested generals and promising their families to make them cry blood, F14ers were cheering and clapping. Meanwhile the Hariri gang was busy plotting with Israel and stealing the country.F14ers were also cheering and clapping.

Wlak he even passed a law that allows him to inherit his father's billions, without paying a cent! All while faking that he was deeply hurt by his father's death! And accusing half the country of being murderers! F14ers were more and more cheering and clapping.

[]

And now those same bloodthirsty hypocrite people, come to give us sermons about Coup d'Etat, law, democracy and corruption, just because one man, decided to sue their gang leaders, in court.

Bazek

Bazek

Some [] are feeling pity for the 33 criminals just because they are 'Lebanese' lolllllll

tayeb, FPMers are Lebanese, Hizbullah are Lebanese, Marada are Lebanese, Amal are Lebanese, the 4 Generals are Lebanese. All of them were trashed, attacked, crucified by the 33 criminals, some during 5 years and others like FPM/GMA for 20 years.

All the above is fine and acceptable [], but when the 33 criminals are faced by Syria then we should all cry loud and defend them, why? because they are Lebanese !!! waahahahahaaahhhhaaaa those same 33 criminals used Syria for 15 years to crucify us.

[]
    [].

Last edited by a moderator: