• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Kanye West and by extension Black race #ourchoice moment

• Thread starter HannaTheCrusader
  • Start date
Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
I'm not participating in the argument between you and PINI. I'm simply providing additional information to a statement you made, so that people unfamiliar with the topic can have all the facts.
That part was actually clear! What I am telling you though is that your additional information don't take away from my statement and don't prove me wrong! See the additional information is basically given the overall percentages of populations the ratio of black people on welfare is more significant than that of white people! However I am still entirely correct in saying there are more white people on welfare than there are blacks.

For the people unfamiliar with the topic of course :p

• Advertisement
  • Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That part was actually clear! What I am telling you though is that your additional information don't take away from my statement and don't prove me wrong! See the additional information is basically given the overall percentages of populations the ratio of black people on welfare is more significant than that of white people! However I am still entirely correct in saying there are more white people on welfare than there are blacks.

For the people unfamiliar with the topic of course :p
    I didn't want to make a fuss over a 1% difference, but since you insist, even this statement is wrong.

"Percent of welfare recipients who are white: 38.8 percent

Percent of welfare recipients who are Black: 39.8 percent"

2016 report by the US Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Commerce, CATO Institute

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I didn't want to make a fuss over a 1% difference, but since you insist, even this statement is wrong.

"Percent of welfare recipients who are white: 38.8 percent

Percent of welfare recipients who are Black: 39.8 percent"

2016 report by the US Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Commerce, CATO Institute
    Check the veracity of your statistics because those numbers are actually very bad, see according to the website where you got this "information" you provided there are more black people on welfare than there are black people in the United States, I'm guessing that's why you didn't provide a link to accompany these claims!

I understand you want to prove me wrong no matter what, this is not the way to go though!

Number of Americans receiving welfare assistance: 110,489,000
    Number of Americans receiving food stamps:41,700,000
    Number of Americans on unemployment insurance: 10,200,000
    Percentage of the US population on welfare:35.4%
    Total government spending on welfare annually: $131.9 billion

So how many Blacks vs whites?

Well, believe it or not, the numbers are actually about the same. There are just about as many whites on welfare as there are Blacks.

Percent of welfare recipients who are white:38.8%
    Percent of welfare recipients who are black:39.8%

(Note: Many people confuse these statistics. This does not mean that 38.8% of all white Americans, and 39.8% of all Black Americans are on welfare. It means that 39.8% of all the actual welfare recipients are Black, and 38.8% of all the welfare recipients are white.)

Finally, The Truth About Welfare -- How Many Blacks Vs. How Many Whites

okay so the number of black people on welfare is 39.8% out of 110 million people total! Huh wait a minute:

39.8% out of 110 million is 43.78 million yet according to latest data there are 37.1 million African americans in the United States!
    Race and ethnicity in the United States - Wikipedia

As trump would say: FAKE NEWS!

Last edited:
    Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Check the veracity of your statistics because those numbers are actually very bad, see according to the website where you got this "information" you provided there are more black people on welfare than there are black people in the United States, I'm guessing that's why you didn't provide a link to accompany these claims!

I understand you want to prove me wrong no matter what, this is not the way to go though!

Well, believe it or not, the numbers are actually about the same. There are just about as many whites on welfare as there are Blacks.

(Note: Many people confuse these statistics. This does not mean that 38.8% of all white Americans, and 39.8% of all Black Americans are on welfare. It means that 39.8% of all the actual welfare recipients are Black, and 38.8% of all the welfare recipients are white.)

okay so the number of black people on welfare is 39.8% out of 110 million people total! Huh wait a minute:

39.8% out of 110 million is 43.78 million yet according to latest data there are 37.1 million African americans in the United States!

First off, your number is from 2009. According to your own link, that number is now over 40 million.

Second, if you bothered to read the whole article, it states that:

“Welfare is the organized public or private social services for the assistance of disadvantaged groups. Aid could include general welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits."

That's what the "Number of Americans receiving welfare assistance" represents.

To calculate the number of people who receive welfare payments, you have to substract those in the other categories, and apply the 39.8 percent on the number you get.

The article doesn't make that obvious, until you reach the end. But no surprise there, the mainstrean left-leaning media never do represent statistics accurately. And then people parrot them without doing their own research. That is the whole point of my involvement here.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    First off, your number is from 2009. According to your own link, that number is now over 40 million.

Second, if you bothered to read the whole article, it states that:

“Welfare is the organized public or private social services for the assistance of disadvantaged groups. Aid could include general welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits."

That's what the "Number of Americans receiving welfare assistance" represents.

To calculate the number of people who receive welfare payments, you have to substract those in the other categories, and apply the 39.8 percent on the number you get.

The article doesn't make that obvious, until you reach the end. But no surprise there, the mainstrean left-leaning media never do represent statistics accurately. And then people parrot them without doing their own research. That is the whole point of my involvement here.
    I see okay! So not only did that website provide fake data but you're actually trying to justify their fake data by quoting math for the insane?? It clearly states the number of welfare recipients is 110 million and then the percentages of those! Read your own fake news accurately instead of digging yourself further into the hole of intellectual dishonesty! You're better than this indie :) your own research says my claim is factual that's why you conceded this point before digging up obviously fakedataareus.com!

I'm done with this, you can have the last word!

Last edited:
    Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I see okay! So not only did that website provide fake data but they actually tried to justify their fake data by quoting math for the insane?? It clearly states the number of welfare recipients is 110 million and then the percentages of those! Read your own fake news accurately instead of digging yourself further into the hole of intellectual dishonesty! You're better than this indie :) your own research says my claim is factual that's why you conceded this point before digging up obviously fakedataareus.com!

I'm done with this, you can have the last word!

Edit: oh it wasn't the website saying you need to substract lmao, that was your own defense! Yeah you need to brush up on both English and math!

First off, that website is taking the leftist stance on this issue, and that's precisely why I went with it. It should tell you something about the kind of sources you follow.

Second, they are not providing fake data. They are failing to properly differentiate between the number of people on general welfare programs, and those receiving monthly payments through welfare cheques. That's why the numbers don't seem to add up.

In any case, you can completely ignore this article, if you wish. Any other primary source will clearly show that when people claim there are more White people on Welfare than Black people, they are failing to take into consideration the percentage of the population each group represents. Something you admitted to, yourself:

I pointed out that there are actually more white people on welfare (goes without saying since there are more white people in the United States in general)
    Everything else is meaningless rambling and deflection on your part.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    First off, that website is taking the leftist stance on this issue, and that's precisely why I went with it. It should tell you something about the kind of sources you follow.

Second, they are not providing fake data. They are failing to properly differentiate between the number of people on general welfare programs, and those receiving monthly payments through welfare cheques. That's why the numbers don't seem to add up.

In any case, you can completely ignore this article, if you wish. Any other primary source will clearly show that when people claim there are more White people on Welfare than Black people, they are failing to take into consideration the percentage of the population each group represents. Something you admitted to, yourself:

Honey you forgot my original argument in all this confusion and are basically arguing against a strawman at this point! I understand math is not your strong point, but I'm sure you can read simple English! You also provided no source for your data, I did! And I really don't see where you got leftist from that website lmao!

You need to get some rest indie! Since you have a pathological need to have the last word though and can't help yourself, I will truly be cordial and ignore your future post! Can't promise not to laugh though :)

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Statement:
    You do know that government subsidies and all kinds of welfare programmes available for poor people goes mostly to white people
    Clarification regarding statement:
    There are more White people in the U.S. than there are Black people. Out of everyone on welfare, around 40% are White, and around 40% are Black. This means the percentage of the Black population on welfare is higher than the percentage of the White population on welfare.
    Confirmation of clarification:
    there are actually more white people on welfare (goes without saying since there are more white people in the United States in general)

As for your argument with PINI, here is an appropriate response. I wasted enough time on your silliness. Moving on.

Washington Post’s Welfare Stupidity -- Whites Benefiting Disproportionately? | National Review

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Oh yes, my bad! What you're saying is even more racist than I thought! Whites on welfare work at getting out but blacks don't? And that is why black people CHOSE slavery and you've been thinking about it for years!
    You can spare me your cheap shots - statement of a fact is not sign of racism, opposite however often could be truth.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member

It does not matter what Whites think about situation that Blacks are in, it is for Blacks to analyze and change if they want and apparently Blacks want change - this is how our conversation has started.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    It does not matter what Whites think about situation that Blacks are in, it is for Blacks to analyze and change if they want and apparently Blacks want change - this is how our conversation has started.
    No idea why you quoted me with this, your post has nothing to do with mine!

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    You think saying black people CHOSE slavery is a factual statement? Really??
    In my book anyone who choses handout over bettering one's live is a slave - this is what it means to be society dependent (or rather Democrat-dependent) loser.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    In my book anyone who choses handout over bettering one's live is a slave - this is what it means to be society dependent (or rather Democrat-dependent) loser.
    @Isabella, you may cry of laughter, but Blacks are not laughing with you.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    After working with Trump for reform in the criminal justice system and helping free a woman from jail, Kim Kardashian has decided to become a lawyer in order to contribute more for that cause.

And she deflects the interviewer's pro-democrat bias like a pro.