• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lassa Land Larceny: Patronizing Patriarch Postulate vs. Irate Indigenous Invaders

oldschool

what is the issue about lassa ? can someone explain me without bias .

It’s a shiite village and the church owns land there. Some lands are undefined yet so there’s always problems with their ownership. Others are known to be for the church like the one in the last article posted.

A topographer can solve this issue in one day...but people won’t like some of the results

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Never lose faith bro. You and I are Believers insha2a Allah and in God we always trust.
L7arra nkasarit between HAers and FPMers and they now hate each other. There's no way to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
So for 15 years, FPM antagonized March 14 leaders because of their anti-HA rhetoric, only for FPM to realize that March 14 has been right all this time. Interesting.
That March 14 rhetoric is incredibly superficial and hypocritcal. If FPM's hopes and patience with Hezbollah has nearly been exhausted, it doesn't meam March 14 was right all along... They are part of the same problem.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
L7arra nkasarit between HAers and FPMers and they now hate each other. There's no way to fix it.

FPM supporters certainly don't hate HA supporters. There is extreme disappointment with the leadership and frustration with the more zealously sectarian section of their support, but that doesn't extend to most good and honest people who side with Hezbollah.

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
That March 14 rhetoric is incredibly superficial and hypocritcal. If FPM's hopes and patience with Hezbollah has nearly been exhausted, it doesn't meam March 14 was right all along... They are part of the same problem.

Sorry, but I don't buy into this.
Their patience should have gotten exhausted a long time ago. The July War, May 7 events, and constant meddling in regional conflicts are bigger reasons to question your relations with HA than their backing of Berri.

FPM are clearly distancing themselves from Hizbullah for two reasons:
1-The threat of US sanctions. When FPM officials criticize HA on TV and express their readiness to a peace deal with Israel, they're doing so to appease the US administration.
2-They can no longer politically leverage the MoU. Aoun has already reached the presidency, and the relationship with HA is now more of a burden than it is a benefit.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Sorry, but I don't buy into this.
Their patience should have gotten exhausted a long time ago. The July War, May 7 events, and constant meddling in regional conflicts are bigger reasons to question your relations with HA than their backing of Berri.

FPM are clearly distancing themselves from Hizbullah for two reasons:
1-The threat of US sanctions. When FPM officials criticize HA on TV and express their readiness to a peace deal with Israel, they're doing so to appease the US administration.
2-They can no longer politically leverage the MoU. Aoun has already reached the presidency, and the relationship with HA is now more of a burden than it is a benefit.
The July War and May 7 were not reasons to question our relationship with Hezbollah, بل العكس. Joumblatt recently admitted on live TV that he instigated May 7 at the behest of a shadowy "they", which kind of justifies Hezbollah actions that day. As for their involvement in regional conflicts, this only became untenable in recent years. Their involvement in the Syrian civil war, at least until recently, was quite justifiable. There is no bigger reason for the FPM to reassess the MoU than Hezbollah's refusal to fulfill their terms of the agreement, and that includes letting go of Berri.

As for your second paragraph, FPM has shown very clearly that they do not care about foreign pressure, which is more than can be said about ANY party in Lebanon. Bassil has already stated multiple times that we do not have an ideological issue with reaching some kind of peace with Israel, even in the presence of Hezbollah officials, so your point there is moot. As for leveraging the MoU politically, a closer look will reveal that it has ALWAYS been a political liability - and the FPM has always understood that. It wasn't Hezbollah that got Aoun the presidency. That is a gross oversimplification. Also, kel 3omron byebkha3ouna bel intikhabet, so there never was any "leveraging" in that regard, either.

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter

Worry not, before 2006 Aoun used to be called an Israeli traitor by the HA base... and similarly, HA used to be called a terrorist organization by Aoun ... it only took 1 magical night of promises and to2sim 7osas for the bases to fall in love with each other. They have no principles.

You're overestimating the bases of HA and FPM and their ability of forming their own opinion. They're as sheepish as other parties, lamma el za3im tell them to love someone, they'll do - tab3an I'm talking about the party hardcore supporters.

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Worry not, before 2006 Aoun used to be called an Israeli traitor by the HA base
I don't think that's true. Aoun has long been a respected (or at least not hated) figure in Shiite circles.

You're overestimating the bases of HA and FPM and their ability of forming their own opinion. They're as sheepish as other parties, lamma el za3im tell them to love someone, they'll do - tab3an I'm talking about the party hardcore supporters.
3am tlattish SeaAb?

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
I don't think that's true. Aoun has long been a respected (or at least not hated) figure in Shiite circles.

3am tlattish SeaAb?

Not true, what I mentioned earlier about what Aoun was called is accurate, and I guess we all know Aoun's position on HA/Syria pre-2006.

Laa ma 3am lattish 7ada shhh

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Worry not, before 2006 Aoun used to be called an Israeli traitor by the HA base... and similarly, HA used to be called a terrorist organization by Aoun ... it only took 1 magical night of promises and to2sim 7osas for the bases to fall in love with each other. They have no principles.

I don't understand you. FPM takes a reasonable stance against a political relationship which is proving to have been counter-productive and you blast them for it? Nevermind the fact that you're mistaken regarding FPM supporters (hardcore or not, there has always been and will always be political differences within the FPM base), don't you think you're being critical just for the sake of it?