Lawlessness in Roumieh prison

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
Orange Room Supporter
you're right hanna, I have noticed the same thing.
I'm pretty sure that these videos are fabricated to counter yesterday's wikileaks scandale.
there's no bearded darak, it's forbidden and they're punished if they leave it like this.
hayda rifi 3am yekhteri3 shi ta yghatte 3ala ri7et m3allmino

I wouldn't put it past our glorious darak to hire thugs and do the dirty work for them. The video looks pretty realistic to me.

I don't know Nayoul, this is wrong on so many levels. This is a government institution, and our law does not allow torture. I hate those Islamists more than most people do, but once incarcerated in a government facility, then the law must be followed. Would we be better than those da3esh orcs if we condone such behavior? Every one of those terrorists deserves to rot in prison, but this torture won't bring back our fallen heroes nor will it weaken the terrorist and their supporters' resolve. If we consider ourselves civilized, we should act like it. Today it's those takfiris, tomorrow who knows, could be our children at the receiving end of the corrupt and unjust darak actions. Remember August 7?

Nayla

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I wouldn't put it past our glorious darak to hire thugs and do the dirty work for them. The video looks pretty realistic to me.

I don't know Nayoul, this is wrong on so many levels. This is a government institution, and our law does not allow torture. I hate those Islamists more than most people do, but once incarcerated in a government facility, then the law must be followed. Would we be better than those da3esh orcs if we condone such behavior? Every one of those terrorists deserves to rot in prison, but this torture won't bring back our fallen heroes nor will it weaken the terrorist and their supporters' resolve. If we consider ourselves civilized, we should act like it. Today it's those takfiris, tomorrow who knows, could be our children at the receiving end of the corrupt and unjust darak actions. Remember August 7?

LQ, you're right and I share your opinion that torturing and treating prisoners like this is unacceptable and I wish the ones who did it be punished as they really deserve.

What I was pointing to is the "very special" timing of this video and the huge possibility that it could be fabricated, especially that most of the Lebanese (specifically us, the Aounists) don't like the darak and have awful memories about them.

I was listening to mashnouk yesterday and it seems that it is a very old video, from the last revolution the prisoners have made in roumieh.

I find it very evil from rifi to put them yesterday, one day after the wikileaks scandals, and, very weird, those darak have beards, which is forbidden.

I know that mashnouk and rifi are both dreaming about being the next PM, but it's shameful to use those prisoners because lots of them are not sentenced yet and are emprisoned without any evidence.

P.S: I should add that I'm totally against any sort of torture whoever was the person in front of me.
I condemn any barbaric behavior even though against prisoners who could be terrorists.
Aslan I'm against calling such places "prison" and I would prefer them calling it "rehabilitation institute" where criminals should be re-educated and prepared to become good persons.

Last edited:

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Even if the beating looks authentic, one suspects the filming and publishing of the material are preplanned acts made to be spread for specific purposes. And if so, then the "torture" scenes in those clips can be suspected too to be part of those specific plans and not a common feature Lebanese security institutions normally resort to against prisoners, Sunni Islamists or others.

Anyway, we need to know: Is this a one time behavior following the prisoners uproar in Januari?
Or is beating up those prisoners a new, or old, treatment they are regularly exposed to? According to the general reaction to the leaked clip in media and in official circles, it seems not.

Ironically and before this incident spread, I had the impression it was the other way around, which the topic of this thread strongly indicates, namely that those prisoners had many privileges no other prisoners in Roumieh have, or rather grabbed for themselves. Therefore the legitimate suspicion: Was the beating up, its filming and now spreading, a well orchestrated theater production set up to arouse the sentiments of a specific audience?

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Agree, with one note that we should follow the law in the gov institution and outside! This is the fruit of extending for parliament, officers, presidents etc... No one gives a crap about the law both in and out.

Nayla

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
مطلوب رؤوسهم المشاركين في تعذيب اهل السنة في #سجن_رومية

١ نقولا عازار من الميناء طرابلس

٢ اسبيرو عازار

٣كلود شيحا
CICabb2VAAACOhj.jpg

CICacBIUwAANs5n.jpg

CICac_ZVEAAJej1.jpg

مطلوب راسك وراس كل واحد من جماعتك نكّل بالجيش

1607104_649396461826512_4096280077795836542_n.jpg

elAshtar

Legendary Member
I don't know why people are making a big deal out of which unit ... These are Lebanese law enforcement personnel regardles of religion and sect. Let's treat them as such.

Beards are trendy only if you are using heard oil and wax.
CIC8EEhXAAA-SEZ.jpg:large

photo circulating of the suspected two who were torturing the prisoners

Muwatin Libnani

so does the FM want the goverment to fall ...!
عدد من الشبان يتجمعون أمام جامع الامام علي على الطريق الجديدة ويطالبون باسقاط وزير الداخلية (LBC)
إذا مسجونين بظلم بدون محاكمة عادلة، ليش ما طَالبوا أيضاً بإسقاط وزير ألعدل؟

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
you're right hanna, I have noticed the same thing.
I'm pretty sure that these videos are fabricated to counter yesterday's wikileaks scandale.
there's no bearded darak, it's forbidden and they're punished if they leave it like this.
hayda rifi 3am yekhteri3 shi ta yghatte 3ala ri7et m3allmino

Just to add, its not only covering up the leaks.

When you hear that HA is surrounding Abou malek wala talleh, and demanding that the officers should be free in that case.
And when you hear that Abbas Ibrahim has reached to the final stage to free the officers.
They set up a scenario for this issue to go back to below zero.
At the end of the day there is a big gap in PM officials and they are working against each other for political positions, 3am totla3 bi ras el kidnapped officers.

Weezy

Legendary Member
I usually don't condone torture or extra-judicial punishment, but I doubt that bearded fellow deserves any sympathy.

We shouldn't torture because it makes us less human; however, who gives a damn if some terrorist feels a little pain.

He probably hasn't even been convicted yet you call him a terrorist because he is bearded.

I wouldn't mind the sight of people like you in prison (prison outside Lebanon that is)

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
خبرية التعذيب في سجن رومية هي إخراج سيء لسيناريو الصراع على رئاسة الحكومة السنية بين قائد محاور داعشي وبين وهابي مكرفت بظل أفول السماء الزرقاء الحريرية...

That's all folks ......

Weezy

Legendary Member
The only way these God cursing kuffar could be kept safe is by throwing them in prison and keeping their identities a secrete

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
All of you need to stop blaming the other for your backward, inhumane stances. If you're justifying either torture or terrorist groups because of what someone else says or does, you're no better than that someone else. You're all equally terrible.

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The only way these God cursing kuffar could be kept safe is by throwing them in prison and keeping their identities a secrete

Just like there is no proof that the prisoners are terrorists, there is no proof that these guys are the torturers. Yet, you've already condemned them.

This is why Lebanon is in the state it's in. Everyone's a hypocrite.

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
من عذب وصور وسرب وفجر ... هو نفسه؟!

JUNE

مقدمة نشرة أخبار الـ
OTV:

فضيحة سجن رومية، هي بالفعل فضيحتان. واحدة سياسية، وأخرى قانونية إنسانية. في السياسة هي فضيحة خطيرة جداً. فالذي سرب التسجيلات، كان قد حضر لهذا الكمين السياسي منذ لحظة اقتحام السجن في 13 كانون الثاني الماضي وإنهاء إمارة الإرهاب فيه. فهو إذن يملك السلطة كي يصور في مكان وزمان استثنائيين، عناصر أمنية خاصة وهي تبتسم له، كأنها تثق به وبتصويره، أو كأنه مسؤول عنها أو آمرٌ لها.، وهو يملك ثانياً الصلاحية كي يهرب تسجيلاته، وكي يحفظها سرية. ثم يملك أخيراً الصفة السياسية ليحدد التوقيت الأفضل لنشر ما قام به، وتفجير قنبلته. فيضربَ عصافير عدة بضربة جلاد واحدة: ضرب نهاد المشنوق، وتمكين تنظيم القاعدة الإرهابي - براياته وشعاراته وإرهابه - من اجتياح الشارع الحريري. فضلاً عن التحريض المذهبي داخل قوى الأمن وداخل البلد. وصولاً إلى تهديد العسكريين المخطوفين، والضغط لإطلاق الإرهابيين المسجونين...

أما الفضيحة القانونية الإنسانية فلا تقل خطورة. ومختصرها أننا نعيش في بلد التعذيب منذ عقود. إسألوا كل مواطن احتجز لحظة. إسألوا كل موقوف لدى أي جهاز أمني أو عسكري. إسألوا كل منظمة حقوقية محلية أو دولية. إسأللوا جدران الرعب والألم منذ ما قبل السوريين إلى ما بعدهم... فضيحة مستمرة ومتمادية لأن أي مسؤول لم يجرؤ على فتحها ومعالجتها. ولأن المتورطين فيها أقوى من القانون وأقوى من الإنسان. بدءاً بتلك الشعبة غير القانونية، وصولاً إلى الفضائح المتشعبة في كل سلك أمني أو بوليسي...

هم يطالبون المشنوق بالاستقالة. أما المواطن فيطالبه بفضح كل ارتكابتهم. وهو يعلم أنها كثيرة وكبيرة وخطيرة. وليبدأ بمحاسبة المسؤولين عن فضيحة سجن روميه، من التعذيب إلى التصوير إلى محاولة التفجير ...

OTV News