• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanese Basketball League 2015/2016

Hats off to Ghassan Sarkis, at least one Aounist in basetball with sense. Unlike the corrupt regime of Jihad Salame, Akram Halabi & Walid Nassar.

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin

Hats off to Ghassan Sarkis, at least one Aounist in basetball with sense. Unlike the corrupt regime of Jihad Salame, Akram Halabi & Walid Nassar.
I really hope this decision whose sole purpose is to give other clubs the chance for beating Riyadi dont survive 2016.

I agree with Ghassan that it will destroy a perfectly good generation of BasketBall players in Lebanon.

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
I really hope this decision whose sole purpose is to give other clubs the chance for beating Riyadi dont survive 2016.

I agree with Ghassan that it will destroy a perfectly good generation of BasketBall players in Lebanon.
They still didint learn that a short term solutions to beating riyadi and tighting the competition will always backfire. Like when they made the 35+ years old rule so fadi can play with champville without being included in the list A. Then fadi left CV and went to riyadi . So the rule which was made to give an advantage to a team that had a chance to beat riyadi backfired and now it is giving riyadi the biggest advantage over the rest of the teams with the best 2 players in the league ( fadi & ismail) above 35 years old.

What they need to do is change all the federation rules and try to apply the salary cap issue on lebanese players only.

As of now Tadamon looks the most impressive team to finish 3rd. They beat 2 competitions for final four easily , Sagesse and Moutahed. Their lebanese stink, but their foreigners keep putting up 95 % of the score.

1 - Riyadi
2 - Byblos
3 - Tadamon
4 - Mouttahed
5 - Sagesse
6 - Homenetmen
7 - Hoops
8 - Champville
9 - Louaize

7 to 9 is a battle for Hoops/Champville/Louaize, 1 - 2 Battle of Riyadi/Byblos and 3 to 6 battle between Tadamon/Moutahed/Sagesse/Homenetmen.

They still didint learn that a short term solutions to beating riyadi and tighting the competition will always backfire. Like when they made the 35+ years old rule so fadi can play with champville without being included in the list A. Then fadi left CV and went to riyadi . So the rule which was made to give an advantage to a team that had a chance to beat riyadi backfired and now it is giving riyadi the biggest advantage over the rest of the teams with the best 2 players in the league ( fadi & ismail) above 35 years old.

What they need to do is change all the federation rules and try to apply the salary cap issue on lebanese players only.

I think they made 35+ year rule for Joe Vogel, when he was with Riyadi.Not Fadi.

Yesterday, Sagesse vs Tadamon 175 points scored the Lebanese scored 41 ( 23 % of the score only). Tadamon Lebanese scored 16 out of 94, Sagesse Lebanese scored 25 out of 81.

Champville vs Moutahed, Moutahed scored 123 points but their Lebanese only managed 22 while the 3 other foreigners put 101 points. Thats 18 % of score only.
With Champville the rate was better, as Ghassan Sarkis cares more about the Lebanese players. Lebanese managed 57 points out of 115 while the 3 other Champville foreigners managed 58 out of 115.

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
As of now Tadamon looks the most impressive team to finish 3rd. They beat 2 competitions for final four easily , Sagesse and Moutahed. Their lebanese stink, but their foreigners keep putting up 95 % of the score.

1 - Riyadi
2 - Byblos
3 - Tadamon
4 - Mouttahed
5 - Sagesse
6 - Homenetmen
7 - Hoops
8 - Champville
9 - Louaize

7 to 9 is a battle for Hoops/Champville/Louaize, 1 - 2 Battle of Riyadi/Byblos and 3 to 6 battle between Tadamon/Moutahed/Sagesse/Homenetmen.
I think Homenetmen will do good this season, also Sagesse should figure out a way to get into the top 4.

I think they made 35+ year rule for Joe Vogel, when he was with Riyadi.Not Fadi.

Yesterday, Sagesse vs Tadamon 175 points scored the Lebanese scored 41 ( 23 % of the score only). Tadamon Lebanese scored 16 out of 94, Sagesse Lebanese scored 25 out of 81.

Champville vs Moutahed, Moutahed scored 123 points but their Lebanese only managed 22 while the 3 other foreigners put 101 points. Thats 18 % of score only.
With Champville the rate was better, as Ghassan Sarkis cares more about the Lebanese players. Lebanese managed 57 points out of 115 while the 3 other Champville foreigners managed 58 out of 115.
Taking into account that there are 3 foreign players and 2 Lebanese ones, the figures above seems a bit reasonable.

Impera

WTF is happening with Sagesse? Something drastic and cataclysmic should be done ASAP or else they won't make it to the semi-finals.

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
WTF is happening with Sagesse? Something drastic and cataclysmic should be done ASAP or else they won't make it to the semi-finals.
Sagesse vs champville is today. I think they will both bounce back.

Impera

Sagesse vs champville is today. I think they will both bounce back.

I don't think the foreigners have what it takes to lead the team into victory this year. I'm interested to see what Famous has to offer, his offensive skills in the first 2 games weren't that encouraging.

Also, how can smaller teams build more skilled and more organized teams while Sagesse keeps on struggling each year. If its a problem of management or the coach, then they should be sacked. Or it's a problem of embezzlement?

Yesterday game between Homenetmen and Byblos was exciting, Byblos were up by 17 points and then Homenetmen made a run to win the game by 7. They have small stadium, but amazing fans. Players could barely listen to the referee whistle.

I don't think the foreigners have what it takes to lead the team into victory this year. I'm interested to see what Famous has to offer, his offensive skills in the first 2 games weren't that encouraging.

Also, how can smaller teams build more skilled and more organized teams while Sagesse keeps on struggling each year. If its a problem of management or the coach, then they should be sacked. Or it's a problem of embezzlement?

Sagesse have the dirtiest administration. Fouad Abou Chacra had a word with Homenetmen, that they get Dion Dixon from Homenetmen and Homenetmen were to get in return Hayk Gyokchyan. Then After Hayk agreed with Homenetmen, Sagesse & Hayk decided to give up on their word and stay together.

As well, They had a contract with Elie Stephan and they own him money. They decided to rip the contract and agreement apart because Elie Stephan is supposedly not good enough. Whether he is good or not, should not be the case. You signed the contract, respect it.

They did the same with their other players, where they decided to lower the contracts they signed. All done with the argument that they have no money, yet after all the dirty work they went on they signed new players and foreigners.

They have given so much word, and signed contracts that they did not respect. They deserve to go down to second division.

Impera

Promises of what ? Is he running again for the Presidency ?

He said many times that he has a vision for the club and he can do it if they allow him to implement it. And explicitly said that he doesn't want to work with most of the last management while always hinting at wanting to fire coach Fouad Abou Chacra after the season ends.

So most probably yes. But he prefers a settlement not an election.