• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanese Basketball League 2015/2016

Do you have any clue whats the budget of each team?

I know Riyadi 2 million, Sagesse 1.4 million, Homenetmen 620 thousand, Tadamon 550 thousand.
What about Champville, louaize, hoops, Byblos ( 1.1m? ) and Moutahed

Impera

I know Riyadi 2 million, Sagesse 1.4 million, Homenetmen 620 thousand, Tadamon 550 thousand.

Mchantaf said that Sagesse's budget for 2015/2016 is ~ 1m down from 2m last 2 years. Idk about the other teams, where did you get the numbers?

Akram Halabi, Guy Manoukian and Mazen Tabbara gave away those numbers on tv interviews when asked.
Louaize on other hand when asked, their owner refused to give away.

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin

Are you sure about Sagesse ? If yes, they did a lousy job with those 1.4 million.

Are you sure about Sagesse ? If yes, they did a lousy job with those 1.4 million.

Yes, not sure where i heard. You have to put in mind, that Sagesse are not respecting the contract of their players and coaches. They are paying them less then what they signed for, and those are debts accumulating. Those particular players can go to the FIBA.

Fouad Abou Chacra who recently resigned and came back, was reported to have 130 thousand us dollar salary per year. And Sagesse were going to pay near 380 thousand USD for him to leave. He still got 3 year contract.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Sem3een b shi esmo NBA? la shu waja3 l rass with local teams...

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
Homentmen are doing an amazing season and game in front of Riyadi now.

Homentmen are doing an amazing season and game in front of Riyadi now.

And lost by 18 points, Homentmen one of the leading teams to fight for 3 foreigner rule.Funnily enough, same team wants 3 foreigners in men but refuses a foreigner for women basketball.

3 games by Riyadi, 3 games won by double digit difference. Whats next? 4 foreigners?

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
And lost by 18 points, Homentmen one of the leading teams to fight for 3 foreigner rule.Funnily enough, same team wants 3 foreigners in men but refuses a foreigner for women basketball.

3 games by Riyadi, 3 games won by double digit difference. Whats next? 4 foreigners?
Hehe

No, the game was close in all its quarters. Homentmen even took the lead many times. It wasnt until Q4 that homentmen collapsed.

I dont think it will be an easy ride for Riyadi.

Check the scores, homentmen was leading at the end of Q3

image.png

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
Hehe

No, the game was close in all its quarters. Homentmen even took the lead many times. It wasnt until Q4 that homentmen collapsed.

I dont think it will be an easy ride for Riyadi.

Check the scores, homentmen was leading at the end of Q3

View attachment 6006
Homentmen lost due to their weak bench.( got tired in the 4th quarter) Their staring 5 are among the best in the league but riyadi has the best bench and the biggest rotation and that before fadi joins ! Riyadi can lose a game but not a series. They will eventually win the league again.
The solution was never the 3 foreigners rule but a new modern law that includes a salary cap for the lebanese players.

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
I apologise, hopefully the federation takes the right measures. Champville which is supposed be classy school, was misrepresented yesterday.
You are right, each person not respecting the sport should be punished.

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
I thought Aounist were classy people, and Riyadi fans Bajam. They sure were not classy in the game Champville vs Hoops today.
كما اشرنا سابقاً ، و بعد اﻹشكال الذي حصل اﻷمس في ديك المحدي في المباراة التي جمعت الشانفيل و هووبس ، أصدرت إدارة نادي الشانفيل قراراً بحل رابطة الجمهور .​

https://www.facebook.com/LebaneseBa...255686.116705595934/10153701953295935/?type=3

Homenetmen play most exciting game in the league, whenever they play there is highlight show going. Miami Heat Style with Lebron James - Dwayne Wade back in the days.