• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanese Basketball League 2015/2016

Impera

It seems Nassar is heading towards making Sagesse lose the game based on that its their supporters who started the incident.

If this happens then Riyadi will be crowned Champions of Lebanon.

Sad ending to a wonderful series.

At least they didn't lose in a humiliating defeat in the court :D

And it would be a lesson for the hooligans not to act like scum anymore.

The Bidenator

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
it has been building up since two years back, ryadi now are doing the darabni w baka sab2ni w chtaka, only lately have ryadi implemented stricter regulations on who enters their stadium because they risked being banned, we all remember the black flags with islamic versis on them, the chants, the tauntings.... religion was first brought into the game by ryadi, trouble making was first brought into the game by ryadi(of course you would find some riots here and there over the past 20 years), disrupting games when losing on home ground was first brought by ryadi, in faireness they cleaned up their act, but still even then last game a supporter almost assulted a player, hekmeh croud failed in being a role model instead they wanted to go a step above ryadi, so now they lost points against ryadi moraly

It doesn't matter who started it first and the issue should not devolve into who is moral and who is not. I saw someone interviewed by LBC blame a Riyadi player for taunting the fans, causing the disruptions. That is one of the most ridiculous claims I've ever heard.

The Lebanese Basketball Federation needs to fine any club whose fans and/or players cause disruptions to a game on home court and that includes but is not limited to: storming the court by fans. It is the only way to make clubs take it seriously and it is the only way to make them act against these disruptions. If the clubs aren't losing money, why would they care if their fans stormed the court or not?

Of course, I am basing this on what I've seen. In university sports (not sure about the NBA), storming the court can cause a school to be fined by the NCAA. My school was fined a few years ago because we stormed the court after beating our rival for that year in the conference championship game. We didn't even disrupt the game; we stormed AFTER the game ended, and the school was still fined. A couple years before that, my school was fined because the fans were taunting the opposing team's players by shouting anti-Mormon slurs (the opposing team went to Mormon school). Both instances prompted the university to send memos to each student telling them that storming the court or shouting hate slurs during the game is cause for expulsion from the university.

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
It doesn't matter who started it first and the issue should not devolve into who is moral and who is not. I saw someone interviewed by LBC blame a Riyadi player for taunting the fans, causing the disruptions. That is one of the most ridiculous claims I've ever heard.

The Lebanese Basketball Federation needs to fine any club whose fans and/or players cause disruptions to a game on home court and that includes but is not limited to: storming the court by fans. It is the only way to make clubs take it seriously and it is the only way to make them act against these disruptions. If the clubs aren't losing money, why would they care if their fans stormed the court or not?

Of course, I am basing this on what I've seen. In university sports (not sure about the NBA), storming the court can cause a school to be fined by the NCAA. My school was fined a few years ago because we stormed the court after beating our rival for that year in the conference championship game. We didn't even disrupt the game; we stormed AFTER the game ended, and the school was still fined. A couple years before that, my school was fined because the fans were taunting the opposing team's players by shouting anti-Mormon slurs (the opposing team went to Mormon school). Both instances prompted the university to send memos to each student telling them that storming the court or shouting hate slurs during the game is cause for expulsion from the university.
well they have started with sagesse, lets hope strictness continues in the futur, i have no problem with the assosiation forfeiting or banning a club because of its fans behavior

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin

well they have started with sagesse, lets hope strictness continues in the futur, i have no problem with the assosiation forfeiting or banning a club because of its fans behavior
No they didnt start with Sagesse.

Fining the club for its disruptive fans has been taking place since some time now.

Fines can range from 5000usd to 100000 usd and banning the next from the next X games.

Jorje

Legendary Member
They need to go much harder than making them lose the match. Sagesse were losing anyway, that's why the "fans" didn't care.

And yes, the club leadership on both sides, especially on Sagesse, is truly embarrassing. The "fans" will again feel justified every time this sort of thing happens if that's the message they get.

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
They need to go much harder than making them lose the match. Sagesse were losing anyway, that's why the "fans" didn't care.

And yes, the club leadership on both sides, especially on Sagesse, is truly embarrassing. The "fans" will again feel justified every time this sort of thing happens if that's the message they get.
You are right. I am hearing the priest of Sagesse now talking and listening to him is making me sick.

Impera

The video didn't show up until I opened in FB. Holy shit this guy is a nutcase, he's a man of the cloth after all, what do you expect.

And "Bacho" never ceases to crack me up, he's a full-fledged simpleton.

Impera

OTVLulz