Lebanese Christian and Muslim relation/behaviour abroad

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

I've noticed recent Lebanese Christian and Muslim immigrants abroad live completely isolated from each other and barely have any interaction. Christians tend to congregate with other MENA Christians, especially Assyrians. Since Christians were the first to immigrate they formed their own enclaves, but when Muslims started immigrating they moved to many of those Christian enclaves, which eventually attracted Muslims from other countries and drove Christians away.

Dearborn, Michigan is a prime example, it used to be a nice and clean mixed Lebanese Christian and Assyrian community, but eventually so called Lebanese Muslims started moving there, and with them Muslims from Egypt, Iraq, Yemen etc and now the city is the official center of Jihadi in the US and one of the most violent places to live. Likewise, the same happened in the Bankstown suburb in Sydney, so Christians moved west to Fairfield, but with the increasing Muslim population there as well Christians are moving even more west to other more distant suburbs.

There's this pattern of Muslims choosing to immigrate to already established Lebanese Christian communities abroad and then the Christians leave. Why is that? Do Muslims subconsciouly think the Christian areas are better than theirs even abroad? And why do Christians move away when Muslims move to their neighborhoods? Is it just prejudice or does it have to do with the fact so called Lebanese Muslim immigrants are highly criminal and one of the most overrepresented groups in violent crimes (murder, rape) across the Western World, while the Christians are seen as exemplary? Does this prove Lebanese Christians and so called Lebanese Muslims have totally incompatible ways of life and are actually two different people? Discuss.

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I've noticed recent Lebanese Christian and Muslim immigrants abroad live completely isolated from each other and barely have any interaction. Christians tend to congregate with other MENA Christians, especially Assyrians. Since Christians were the first to immigrate they formed their own enclaves, but when Muslims started immigrating they moved to many of those Christian enclaves, which eventually attracted Muslims from other countries and drove Christians away.

Dearborn, Michigan is a prime example, it used to be a nice and clean mixed Lebanese Christian and Assyrian community, but eventually so called Lebanese Muslims started moving there, and with them Muslims from Egypt, Iraq, Yemen etc and now the city is the official center of Jihadi in the US and one of the most violent places to live. Likewise, the same happened in the Bankstown suburb in Sydney, so Christians moved west to Fairfield, but with the increasing Muslim population there as well Christians are moving even more west to other more distant suburbs.

There's this pattern of Muslims choosing to immigrate to already established Lebanese Christian communities abroad and then the Christians leave. Why is that? Do Muslims subconsciouly think the Christian areas are better than theirs even abroad? And why do Christians move away when Muslims move to their neighborhoods? Is it just prejudice or does it have to do with the fact so called Lebanese Muslim immigrants are highly criminal and one of the most overrepresented groups in violent crimes (murder, rape) across the Western World, while the Christians are seen as exemplary? Does this prove Lebanese Christians and so called Lebanese Muslims have totally incompatible ways of life and are actually two different people? Discuss.
    Interesting you mention Assyrians.
    No one wants to hang around ashourieh LOL Everyone avoids them like the plague, including Muslims.

Lebanese towns where Iraqi Christians tend to congregate have turned into complete shitholes.

[]

Last edited by a moderator:
    Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Interesting you mention Assyrians.
    No one wants to hang around ashourieh LOL Everyone avoids them like the plague, including Muslims.

Lebanese towns where Iraqi Christians tend to congregate have turned into complete shitholes.

[]
    Not really, Assyrian refugees in Lebanese Christian towns behave like any other Christian, they don't actually stand out, they contribute a lot. They are seen as brothers and people try to help, it's a really beautiful thing to see. If anything this proves the obvious, Christians across the Middle East are all closer to each other than any to their Muslim neighbours.

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    Do you have any sources to back up your claims or is this just he says she says?

What's the point of this thread?

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Do you have any sources to back up your claims or is this just he says she says?

What's the point of this thread?
    To discuss the extreme opposite social behaviour of Lebanese Christian and Mulim diaspora, the former being considered role model immigrants and the latter one of the most criminal/violent groups worldwide. And if the relation between these two groups abroad has to do with that or with the prejudices they carry from home.

Just Google Lebanese crime x certain country and you'll see all the Mohammeds and Ali's in there.

Lebanese-Nationalist

Lebanese-Nationalist

Not really, Assyrian refugees in Lebanese Christian towns behave like any other Christian, they don't actually stand out, they contribute a lot. They are seen as brothers and people try to help, it's a really beautiful thing to see. If anything this proves the obvious, Christians across the Middle East are all closer to each other than any to their Muslim neighbours.
    It depends. Here in British Columbia, Assyrians tend to be peaceful but they also bring quite a few problems with them.

Many have been influenced by the "gangster" lifestyle and get into shady scenes.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

In Australia it is known where the Lebanese actually live that is christian and muslim. Each community has their own enclave. For example in Merrylands it is a major christian Lebanese population and the next door Guildford is a majority muslim Lebanese population. There are some communities that live in each but they are a minority. Don't forget that most of the youth here were born in Australia. The way they live has nothing to do with their community back home. Some have never seen it nor even been to Lebanon. They just live that way.

If we are talking about Assyrians in Fairfield they have gangs here and the area is known as an Assyrian stronghold.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    I live in a country where months and months , sometimes a year pass before i meet a lebanese.

Living the dream basically.

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

To discuss the extreme opposite social behaviour of Lebanese Christian and Mulim diaspora, the former being considered role model immigrants and the latter one of the most criminal/violent groups worldwide. And if the relation between these two groups abroad has to do with that or with the prejudices they carry from home.

Just Google Lebanese crime x certain country and you'll see all the Mohammeds and Ali's in there.

USA is bottom on this list. But USA itself has much higher violent crime rates than Denmark and other developed or rich countries. Homicide rates in the U.S. are more than many African countries. So what does that tell you? Can't blame that on muslims... Plus, you're not taking into consideration socio-economic factors.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

In Australia it is known where the Lebanese actually live that is christian and muslim. Each community has their own enclave. For example in Merrylands it is a major christian Lebanese population and the next door Guildford is a majority muslim Lebanese population. There are some communities that live in each but they are a minority. Don't forget that most of the youth here were born in Australia. The way they live has nothing to do with their community back home. Some have never seen it nor even been to Lebanon. They just live that way.

If we are talking about Assyrians in Fairfield they have gangs here and the area is known as an Assyrian stronghold.

What I like about Australia is they specifically make the distinction between Lebanese Christians and the Muslims. There have been Lebanese (Christians) in Australia since the early 1900s and there's never been any problem with them, on the contrary, they are actually liked by Australian society because they contribute a lot and are seen as role model for immigrants. But as soon as Australia experienced 'Lebanese' Muslim immigration, they brought all their criminality and violence with them, that civilized people are simply not used to.

Anyway, although the offspring tend to be more criminal than even their parents (and this is true for all Muslim diasporas. I mean, who the kids learn it from if not from their parents), Lebanese Muslim first generation migrants themselves are MUCH more propense to
    criminality (see the graphic I posted above). And much of their crimes are rooted in their Islamic culture, like raping infidel girls for example.

Anyway this thread is not about only Lebanese Muslim criminality (which btw deserves its own thread), but also how these two communities interact with each other.

C

CK10452

What I like about Australia is they specifically make the distinction between Lebanese Christians and the Muslims. There have been Lebanese (Christians) in Australia since the early 1900s and there's never been any problem with them, on the contrary, they are actually liked by Australian society because they contribute a lot and are seen as role model for immigrants. But as soon as Australia experienced 'Lebanese' Muslim immigration, they brought all their criminality and violence with them, that civilized people are simply not used to.

Anyway, although the offspring tend to be more criminal than even their parents (and this is true for all Muslim diasporas. I mean, who the kids learn it from if not from their parents), Lebanese Muslim first generation migrants themselves are MUCH more propense to
    criminality (see the graphic I posted above). And much of their crimes are rooted in their Islamic culture, like raping infidel girls for example.

Anyway this thread is not about only Lebanese Muslim criminality (which btw deserves its own thread), but also how these two communities interact with each other.
    This has been my experience too. Australians make a distinction between Lebanese Muslims and Christians, sometimes even in official statistics reported by the government.

Often when I meet someone new and tell them I'm Lebanese, the next question is are you Muslim or Christian? They then sound relieved when I say Christian. Lebanese Muslims here have a very bad reputation for crime, though the Christians have a fair share of criminals too.

Generally the two communities live apart, with limited social interaction.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

This has been my experience too. Australians make a distinction between Lebanese Muslims and Christians, sometimes even in official statistics reported by the government.

Often when I meet someone new and tell them I'm Lebanese, the next question is are you Muslim or Christian? They then sound relieved when I say Christian. Lebanese Muslims here have a very bad reputation for crime, though the Christians have a fair share of criminals too.

Generally the two communities live apart, with limited social interaction.
    At work when I tell people I am Lebanese right away they ask me christian or muslim? My name is christian right away so i tell them you can't tell? my name is not Ali or Mohammad. They end up telling me thank GOD they are bad and criminals and stuff like that. The muslims in Australia are no more than 3% but are 10% or more in the prisons here.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

You know why?
    Because not all but a great majority of christians in Australia actually worked and worked hard.
    • Houssam Abiad – Deputy Lord Mayor, City of Adelaide.
    • John Ajaka – Member of the New South Wales Legislative Council.
    • Anthony Alexander Alam – political leader, member of the Australian Labor Party.
    • Marie Bashir – Governor of New South Wales.
    • Steve Bracks – former Premier of Victoria.
    Whole list.
    List of Lebanese people in Australia - Wikipedia

C

CK10452

At work when I tell people I am Lebanese right away they ask me christian or muslim? My name is christian right away so i tell them you can't tell? my name is not Ali or Mohammad. They end up telling me thank GOD they are bad and criminals and stuff like that. The muslims in Australia are no more than 3% but are 10% or more in the prisons here.
    Your statistics are close, based on the 2016 census, Muslims are 2.6% of the Australian population but account for 10.5% of all prison inmates, and many of them being Lebanese Muslims. Goulburn supermax seems to be almost all Muslim terrorists too.

A difference I've observed between Lebanese Muslim criminals vs Lebanese Christian criminals, the Christians do crime for their own selfish criminal interests, Muslims are the same too but also mix it with feelings of hate for Australian society.

C

CK10452

Last edited:
    Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Your statistics are close, based on the 2016 census, Muslims are 2.6% of the Australian population but account for 10.5% of all prison inmates, and many of them being Lebanese Muslims. Goulburn supermax seems to be almost all Muslim terrorists too.

A difference I've observed between Lebanese Muslim criminals vs Lebanese Christian criminals, the Christians do crime for their own selfish criminal interests, Muslims are the same too but also mix it with feelings of hate for Australian society.
    This article is a little old now (2006), but still highlights the massive social and economic difference between Lebanese Muslims and Christians living in Australia.

"The research found that while Lebanese Christians had prospered and integrated well, Lebanese Muslims were in difficulty and clearly worse off."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/lebanese-muslims-worse-off-than-other-migrants-20060403-ge229k.html
    How do lebanese muslims compare to other immigrated muslim communities in australia?

C

CK10452

How do lebanese muslims compare to other immigrated muslim communities in australia?
    I don't have the stats on that, but from my personal observations they seem to do worse compared to some other Muslim immigrant communities, whilst better compared to others. It's hard for me to say overall how well they compare.

One factor for the social issues with the Lebanese Muslim community is many came here as refugee's during the war. They came from some of the poorest and least educated parts of Lebanon, like Tripoli and Akkar. They were already below average even compared to other Lebanese Muslims in Lebanon. Many of them would have not been accepted into Australia under normal immigration avenues.

Based on my perceptions, Lebanese Muslims seem to blend in a lot more into the general Muslim-Arab population of Australia, rather than appearing as one with the Lebanese Christian community. Even politically the communities are well known to vote very differently, Christians mainly vote for Liberal (conservative center-right party) and Muslims vote mainly Labor (center-left party).

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Basically Muslims can't assimilate in any civilised society. M3 innou there are miniscule numbers of maronites @manifesto ??