Lebanese Christian and Muslim relation/behaviour abroad

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Again, you could say the same thing about black and mexican people in the U.S. I don't know why I have to repeat this, but geopolitics, social-economics, and religion are the culprits for lack of education or being on unemployment benefit. Not because they are "junk".

Secondly, why do muslims or other ethnic people have to totally integrate in Australia. The Australians sure didn't integrate with the aboriginals. They murdered them.
Halla2 you are making excuses for the actions of some in the country? You must be joking right? The white Australians came out with an apology to the aboriginals 7abibe and actually gave them their lands back. Alot of lands here are named after aborigines. This is not the same and what has that got to do with muslims?
Second, there are different types of muslims. The shia masalan I know here very well. They are educated same as christians and go on their daily life s per normal. They get married at late 20's even early 30s. Most are working. They live lifes same as christians. Sunni gheir heike :)

• Advertisement
  • Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

That's good. It means they're paying their taxes and spending only as much as they can afford.
    They're not borrowing money, evading taxes, or selling drugs so that they lead lavish lives like those people from that other sect...

We all know what methods Maronites and Sunnis resort to, to project an image of wealth.
    They all have +$20,000 debt on their credit cards and I dare you to prove me wrong.
    Shiites are humble and don't have this inferiority complex that other Lebanese seem to suffer from.
    There's the humble and greedy in every race, sect, or religion.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

There's the humble and greedy in every race, sect, or religion.
    Let's admit it. The percentage of people "living above their means" is higher among Maronites.
    Ortense ma fiya tshouf rfi2eta Solenge lebseh sac Coco Chanel w ma teshtreh wa7ad :/

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Halla2 you are making excuses for the actions of some in the country? You must be joking right? The white Australians came out with an apology to the aboriginals 7abibe and actually gave them their lands back. Alot of lands here are named after aborigines. This is not the same and what has that got to do with muslims?
    Second, there are different types of muslims. The shia masalan I know here very well. They are educated same as christians and go on their daily life s per normal. They get married at late 20's even early 30s. Most are working. They live lifes same as christians. Sunni gheir heike :)
    Yeah ok, they took their land and murdered them, then several decades later they apologized and gave them reservations á la the native americans. Anyway, my whole beef is with the racial card and prejudice being played around here. I'm the last person to say Islam is good for the world; I want it extirpated. But you are turning a blind eye to geopolitics and socioeconomics. You're also exaggerating the negatives of the sunni community.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Yeah ok, they took their land and murdered them, then several decades later they apologized and gave them reservations á la the native americans. Anyway, my whole beef is with the racial card and prejudice being played around here. I'm the last person to say Islam is good for the world; I want it extirpated. But you are turning a blind eye to geopolitics and socioeconomics. You're also exaggerating the negatives of the sunni community.
    I am not exaggerating anything. 100% of the sunni youth were born in this country and their parents came over in the 70/80/90s. They have had over 30 years to get their act together. What is the point if I want to go out of Lebanon and live the same way I lived over there here? I am supposed to better myself, educate myself, live better etc. They end up living the same way and some even worse. I have a neighbour who's father doesn't allow her to work. She is 23 and has 2 children pregnant with the 3rd. Her husband came over and has been here for about 3-4 years. The sunnis live the same way as back home. They come here to get incentives from the gov. That's it.
    I am not saying islam is bad or good for the world. I am just stating the truth on how these different sects live in Australia. There are many christians who came to this country and were very poor or had nothing on their back except their clothes. My dad being one of them. He has been here for over 40 years. They came worked hard and made a life for their families in this country. Thank this country for giving us the opportunity our country back home couldn't. The muslims and especially the sunnis swear at this country day in and day out. We have two different opinions and views on how things are.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

That's good. It means they're paying their taxes and spending only as much as they can afford.
    They're not borrowing money, evading taxes, or selling drugs so that they lead lavish lives like those people from that other sect...

We all know what methods Maronites and Sunnis resort to, to project an image of wealth.
    They all have +$20,000 debt on their credit cards and I dare you to prove me wrong.
    Shiites are humble and don't have this inferiority complex that other Lebanese seem to suffer from.
    khaye, what does a credit card have to do with this thread? You dare me to prove you wrong. I don't have a credit card! Never had one and never will have one. My wealth came from my hard work in this country.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

You keep parroting this 'geopolitics and socioecononics', but Lebanese Christians from 100 years ago were in much WORSE situation than these Muslims that are immigrating today, and that didn't stop them from integrating and succeeding.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

You keep parroting this 'geopolitics and socioecononics', but Lebanese Christians from 100 years ago were in much WORSE situation than these Muslims that are immigrating today, and that didn't stop them from integrating and succeeding.
    It just an excuse. It is like in the movie American History X. Nazis keep making excuses for the way they are. How long do you need to get your act together?

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    Interesting you mention Assyrian
    No one wants to hang around ashourieh LOL Everyone avoids them like the plague, including Muslims.

Lebanese towns where Iraqi Christians tend to congregate have turned into complete shitholes.

[]
    We maronites are Assyrians and especially chaldean of Iraq are so similar to us. We are the same as catholic Assyrians.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    You dont blanket label all Muslims in the same category. Yes there is a problem with certain Lebanese muslims, particularly wahabis that live in sydney...But some parrots want to sit down here and preach that in Australia, Lebanese Christians are clean well educated, and the Lebanese Muslims are dirty criminals is pathetic. And using Dutton who is a right wing redneck joker to substantiate the claims is pathetic. Theres Lebanese in sydneys jails that are murderers, rapists, armed robbers, drug dealers, and frauds, i can name Lebanese Christians and Muslims for each. Again, not denying there sint a social problem that needs addressing. But the motive and agenda of the thread starter is dreadful and embarassing.
    Chou ma fi mahribjueh massi7ieh aou 7ramieh wa mafiosi. I am abroad ask me. El Khara Wayne ma kan 3inna kil à la loubnanieh

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

I am not exaggerating anything. 100% of the sunni youth were born in this country and their parents came over in the 70/80/90s. They have had over 30 years to get their act together. What is the point if I want to go out of Lebanon and live the same way I lived over there here? I am supposed to better myself, educate myself, live better etc. They end up living the same way and some even worse. I have a neighbour who's father doesn't allow her to work. She is 23 and has 2 children pregnant with the 3rd. Her husband came over and has been here for about 3-4 years. The sunnis live the same way as back home. They come here to get incentives from the gov. That's it.
    I am not saying islam is bad or good for the world. I am just stating the truth on how these different sects live in Australia. There are many christians who came to this country and were very poor or had nothing on their back except their clothes. My dad being one of them. He has been here for over 40 years. They came worked hard and made a life for their families in this country. Thank this country for giving us the opportunity our country back home couldn't. The muslims and especially the sunnis swear at this country day in and day out. We have two different opinions and views on how things are.
    After I left Lebanon and to this day, I'm still swearing at America, Bush Sr. (rot well)., Kissinger, Israel for giving Syria carte blanche and concrete support to invade our homes. So why should I blame the muslim community for being bitter towards the west even if they live well there. Much of the geopolitical and socio-economic problems we have in our country and the middle east are the making of the west. That is not to absolve Islam for retarding their communities, but simply recognizing there are other culprits.

Anyway, you started off by cussing out most of the muslim community in Australia, now you've narrowed it down to the sunnis. I should take that to mean as progress on your part.

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

I can tell you what Maronites did. They rode the coattails of French colonialists and marginalized the muslim community in Lebanon. That's a fact. So don't think you're any better than radical muslims.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

After I left Lebanon and to this day, I'm still swearing at America, Bush Sr. (rot well)., Kissinger, Israel for giving Syria carte blanche and concrete support to invade our homes. So why should I blame the muslim community for being bitter towards the west even if they live well there. Much of the geopolitical and socio-economic problems we have in our country and the middle east are the making of the west. That is not to absolve Islam for retarding their communities, but simply recognizing there are other culprits.

Anyway, you started off by cussing out most of the muslim community in Australia, now you've narrowed it down to the sunnis. I should take that to mean as progress on your part.
    I am not cussing anyone bro :)
    The major problems we have in the ME is due to the dictators that have been there and won't get off the chair. It is due to the people who keep on clapping for these dictators. We tend to blame the West for everything. So I am assuming you are Syrian, is that right?
    Else why would you say invade our homes?

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

I am not cussing anyone bro :)
    The major problems we have in the ME is due to the dictators that have been there and won't get off the chair. It is due to the people who keep on clapping for these dictators. We tend to blame the West for everything. So I am assuming you are Syrian, is that right?
    Else why would you say invade our homes?
    Read what I said again. I was obviously talking about 13 October, 1990.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Read what I said again. I was obviously talking about 13 October, 1990.
    Oh! I thought you were talking about the war in Syria, my bad.
    The ME is the way it is due to us not the West. Those who land in the West have good opportunities, good employment, good health care, clean environment, SAFETY and SECURITY. All this that our countries don't have. We should be thankful for what we have and start taking responsibility for what our countries have become. It is not their fault we as a people are dense.
    Don't believe too much that the Lebanese or any other group of people are smart and sophisticated. It is due to the opportunities the countries outside the ME gave us. Some took the opportunity some didn't and stayed backwards as they are in Dahiye or Tripoli.

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Oh! I thought you were talking about the war in Syria, my bad.
    The ME is the way it is due to us not the West. Those who land in the West have good opportunities, good employment, good health care, clean environment, SAFETY and SECURITY. All this that our countries don't have. We should be thankful for what we have and start taking responsibility for what our countries have become. It is not their fault we as a people are dense.
    Don't believe too much that the Lebanese or any other group of people are smart and sophisticated. It is due to the opportunities the countries outside the ME gave us. Some took the opportunity some didn't and stayed backwards as they are in Dahiye or Tripoli.
    Not saying we are not responsible for the mess we've made. But you have to admit, foreign policy is often stacked against us. The foreign powers that be always take into account Israel, Saudi, Oil, Syria, Iran at the expense of Lebanon. That doesn’t help an already divided people. I’m not surprised at all, not when we have multiple religious sects confined to a tiny geographical region. Add on top of that the colonial legacy, religious extremism, Israel on our borders, and modern day colonialism in the middle east by proxy. It’s not hard to fathom that the odds are stacked against us. But there’s hope, globalization is relentless…

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Not saying we are not responsible for the mess we've made. But you have to admit, foreign policy is often stacked against us. The foreign powers that be always take into account Israel, Saudi, Oil, Syria, Iran at the expense of Lebanon. That doesn’t help an already divided people. I’m not surprised at all, not when we have multiple religious sects confined to a tiny geographical region. Add on top of that the colonial legacy, religious extremism, Israel on our borders, and modern day colonialism in the middle east by proxy. It’s not hard to fathom that the odds are stacked against us. But there’s hope, globalization is relentless…
    This is the best post you have written. I agree with you completely BUT...
    You know those same countries we often blame though we go to. ya3ne we blame the US and their Imperialism and then the first country we go to is the US. We start living our lives as how they live their lives. Yet still believe that they are the blame for our miseries back home. The difference between a human and a pet is that a human has a CHOICE. The pet doesn't.
    In our part of the world how I see it is WE are the issue. In our part of the world people have a choice and often they make the wrong one. We have dictators in our country and people just clap for them. khaye, 50 years on a chair until he dies and then his son comes no problems. They keep on clapping. We have no real freedom in these countries. Freedom is not just one person going to a church or a mosque. The muslims in Australia masalan come here not due to freedoms or rights or they want to get away from a hostile state etc. They come here just due to living meaning they often are poor back home and come here for a better life. When they get here they often go on welfare and have 5-7 kids (much more than back home) and live happily ever after.

You in other threads want a secular system masalan. In theory 3al ktir mni7 bas what does it mean exactly? A person in Lebanon will stay Roum, Maronite, Shia, Sunni etc. This is in his blood. It is not something that can be removed. If you remove the sectarian system in Lebanon and the Parliament masalan becomes 100/128 Druze you will have other sects crying and arguing and probably even a civil war about their rights etc. The sectarian system in Lebanon is not the problem it is the minds of those in the country.

We as people from the country but live abroad should have a mind that is more open than theirs. We live in a secular state, we live in a country with different communities, different religions, no one hates the other. Each minds his business and does what he wants when he wants. What have the muslims done outside to show the countries they live in that they are not terrorist masalan? You have several hundreds not sure how many that go with Islamic state from here. This is the picture one wants to give to the country that you are residing in? The issue is clear and it is the fault of the majority of the muslims.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

It's because christians are less religious nowadays. When they were religious like muslims, they wreaked havoc on the foreign lands and societies they settled in. Case in point, the Americas. The native population was wiped out by christians. Has to do with beliefs, not people.
    I'm talking about Lebanese Christians, you immediately drifted the topic to European Christians who used Christianity to conquer.