Lebanese Christian and Muslim relation/behaviour abroad

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The topic cannot be generalized. It depends on each case. Most people carry their lifestyles with them. Some do indeed find difficulties integrating in the western culture so they do form secluded communities and stick to them, while others have no difficulty integrating st all and it is pretty tough to differentiate them from the rest of the western population. It all depends on the background from which they stem. This is true for all cultures, though some muslims stand out, in particular when they stick to hijab, live by the sharia law even when it conflicts with the civil laws of the host countries.
@manifesto @theMightyRedV
Regardless of what I wrote...In a way , I feel ashamed I did. Because we have been brought up by a religion of love and giving. You will always find good Christian's that debate what I wrote and critisize it. I expected it. Because generally they are very fair and good people. But when manifesto critisized maronites like an idiot. Not one mouzi intervened and said they have done many good deeds and are part of the making of Lebanon. Hek they don't really talk about Lebanon as a country, and it's mostly the Christian's that sing and write about it. They treat every country they visit the same. Common hate.

Not one member of the mouzi religion stuck their head out. Only when I answered the lies , they United to call me a bigot . That's the attitude of Islam everywhere. All is good but don't attack our welfare cheats or any offensive traits you infidals.

When Israel attacked the south , Christian's were outraged. When Syria attacked the Christian's the mouzis joined in.

Unless this behaviour changes , they will always be frowned upon. Wherever they go. It's a religious trait not a genetic one.

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Funny I had Knefeh at Hallab Tripoli just last week with some Orthodox friends (Sorry, I don't go out with Maronites. No offense, bas they're just not my type).

If covered women scare you so much, you might want to avoid The Vatican too.
    If u think that by eating at hallab you’ve visited tripoli boi do i have news for you !

Lets put it this way with a mall analogy, you’re going to the mall and u just stopped at the parking ticket machine to get ur ticket :lol:

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    This thread has exposed its contributors as extremely racist and bigoted fools. And unfortunately, they are all Maronites or Christian Lebanese. This thread will give the average westerner the idea of how Lebanese Christians are (in their many) alarmingly racist, sectarian and bigoted and are the genesis of the sectarian crisis engulfing Lebanon since independence.

If you look at global indexes, you will see that crime (rape, homicide, abortions, kidnappings, drugs etc) is more rampant in Christian majority countries, particularly in Latin America - which is overwhelmingly Catholic - and in African countries with Christian majority than in Muslim majority countries.

I really do not understand how then Christian Lebanese are taking pride in acting superior to some Lebanese gangs in Australia particularly, who happen to be Muslim. And of what significance is a difference of 5% among communities to generalize and formularize stereotypes, if we agree that both Lebanese Christians and Muslims contribute to crime abroad, and particularly in Australia.

One would think that the cause of crime would be linked to level of education, poverty rate, drug use and unemployment levels, and general underdevelopment (as is the case in Latin America and Africa), not to religion or ethnicity.

And the entire concept that some racist filth are using to make racist generalization is borne out of a misconception that their sectarian identity sort of act as an ethnic identity.

Based on my own experience, Lebanese Muslims and Lebanese Christians have gotten along very well outside of Lebanon. It is very unfortunate that some people on this forum are hell bent on causing sectarian hatred. Of significant notice are those who flaunt themselves as FPMers trying to increase written attack on Muslims, particularly Shia- who have contributed to the success story of Michel Aoun. The rise to power of Aoun shouldn't embolden bigots and racist extremists. Otherwise, that will contribute to his downfall and the downfall of the FPM and be part of their failure.

The bigoted filth on this forum have complexes. A superior complex towards their compatriots and an inferiority complex towards the Westerner. The average westerner will not associate with such racism and bigotry.

I hope that the majority of the Christians in Lebanon do not share these filthy racist notions from the pit of hell that will only cause sectarian friction and more conflicts in a tiny country like Lebanon. Many Muslims, and especially Shia have done very well in the diaspora. And likewise Christians. I expected the mods to have shut down this threat from the start. The intent is hatred. This forum continues to take a downward spiral.

Last edited:
    lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This thread has exposed its contributors as extremely racist and bigoted fools. And unfortunately, they are all Maronites or Christian Lebanese. This thread will give the average westerner the idea of how Lebanese Christians are (in their many) alarmingly racist, sectarian and bigoted and are the genesis of the sectarian crisis engulfing Lebanon since independence.

If you look at global indexes, you will see that crime (rape, homicide, abortions, kidnappings, drugs etc) is more rampant in Christian majority countries, particularly in Latin America - which is overwhelmingly Catholic - and in African countries with Christian majority than in Muslim majority countries.

I really do not understand how then Christian Lebanese are taking pride in acting superior to some Lebanese gangs in Australia particularly, who happen to be Muslim. And of what significance is a difference of 5% among communities to generalize and formularize stereotypes, if we agree that both Lebanese Christians and Muslims contribute to crime abroad, and particularly in Australia.

One would think that the cause of crime would be linked to level of education, poverty rate, drug use and unemployment levels, and general underdevelopment (as is the case in Latin America and Africa), not to religion or ethnicity.

And the entire concept that some racist filth are using to make racist generalization is borne out of a misconception that their sectarian identity sort of act as an ethnic identity.

Based on my own experience, Lebanese Muslims and Lebanese Christians have gotten along very well outside of Lebanon. It is very unfortunate that some people on this forum are hell bent on causing sectarian hatred. Of significant notice are those who flaunt themselves as FPMers trying to increase written attack on Muslims, particularly Shia- who have contributed to the success story of Michel Aoun. The rise to power of Aoun shouldn't embolden bigots and racist extremists. Otherwise, that will contribute to his downfall and the downfall of the FPM and be part of their failure.

The bigoted filth on this forum have complexes. A superior complex towards their compatriots and an inferiority complex towards the Westerner. The average westerner will not associate with such racism and bigotry.

I hope that the majority of the Christians in Lebanon do not share these filthy racist notions from the pit of hell that will only cause sectarian friction and more conflicts in a tiny country like Lebanon. Many Muslims, and especially Shia have done very well in the diaspora. And likewise Christians. I expected the mods to have shut down this threat from the start. The intent is hatred. This forum continues to take a downward spiral.
    That's why wherever you go , you'll get bigots. Comparing Christian's with "Muslims" behaviour is like pushing shit uphill . Terrorism is not a hobby or a singing game. It's a message. Next time you decide to like manifestos posts, read them first and reflect your secularism for a change.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

If u think that by eating at hallab you’ve visited tripoli boi do i have news for you !

Lets put it this way with a mall analogy, you’re going to the mall and u just stopped at the parking ticket machine to get ur ticket :lol:
    Hehe go to Abou Samra or Beb l Tebbaneh.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    That's why wherever you go , you'll get bigots. Comparing Christian's with "Muslims" behaviour is like pushing shit uphill . Terrorism is not a hobby or a singing game. It's a message. Next time you decide to like manifestos posts, read them first and reflect your secularism for a change.
    Lest I forget, Lebanese generally, be they Christians or Muslims are (in their many) very arrogant, unwelcoming to foreigners, ungodly and inhuman. Religion is only a political capsule to further discrimination and selfish motives. This is coming from a Lebanese like myself who wasn't born or bred in Lebanon and I have found myself many times trying to explain the attitude of my fellow Lebanese to foreigners and looking for justifications to clutch at straws and make excuses. And this attitude is many at times taken to our host countries abroad. We even develop a sense of superiority towards other countries when our Lebanon is not better than many countries even in west Africa and Asia.

Similarly, those who contribute to crime in a place like Australia are mostly migrating from poor and uneducated societies in Lebanon, like the ones in Akkar and Tripoli. And even if they be Muslims, they lack a godly spirit and a human spirit. They act like brutes and cannibals. Lebanese, as a people, do have great psychological problems. Its ashamedly I am admitting this as a Lebanese myself. We are not well mentally. And I doubt if we are not also sick physically and genetically and socially and spiritually and and and.... Most of these criminals being labelled Muslims are neither religious nor spiritual or godly. Enemies of humanity. They neither pray nor fast and they do not observe Islamic laws or practice the religion. The religion has nothing to do with their brutality and lawlessness.

Now, crime and terrorism have been bundled together by bigots on a thread meant to further hatred. The two aren't the same. Crime has its distinct enabling factors. Terrorism likewise has its causes and motivation. But of course, the intent of the thread is to promote hatred and demonization of other Lebanese by a member of this forum who is pro-Israel and Zionist to the bone. He has wished for Israel to eliminate a certain Lebanese community and commit genocide. I even doubt if he is genuinely Lebanese and not an online mole planted on this forum to cause mischief among Lebanese. This forum needs to be sanitized. But again, we have another Zionist who has been made a moderator under the guise of forum elections.

About @manifesto , he is a funny guy. Maybe a clown and unserious. Look at his "tomatino festival" reply in this thread about tatbir (self flagellation). The majority of Shia religious authorities, including Ayatollah Khamanei have forbade tatbir (self inflicted injuries as a ritual to commemorate Ashura). Most Shia do not practice it. A minority do, and the media, especially the Wahhabi media, use these images for sectarian propaganda against Shias. They do not show the blood donations and good deeds and charity done on Ashura. Rather, they use what a minority of fanatics do to tarnish the commemoration. At least, those who perform tatbir harm themselves. They dont commit suicide bombings to indiscriminately kill innocent people like Wahhabis do on Shia civilians commemorating Ashura. Wahhabis do not have a problem with tatbir. They have a problem with Ashura wholly, even if the Shia bath in honey on Ashura. Also, most of @manifesto's replies are reactionary. They are not offensive but defensive in nature.

Last edited:
    Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Lest I forget, Lebanese generally, be they Christians or Muslims are (in their many) very arrogant, unwelcoming to foreigners, ungodly and inhuman. Religion is only a political capsule to further discrimination and selfish motives. This is coming from a Lebanese like myself who wasn't born or bred in Lebanon and I have found myself many times trying to explain the attitude of my fellow Lebanese to foreigners and looking for justifications to clutch at straws and make excuses. And this attitude is many at times taken to our host countries abroad. We even develop a sense of superiority towards other countries when our Lebanon is not better than many countries even in west Africa and Asia.

Similarly, those who contribute to crime in a place like Australia are mostly migrating from poor and uneducated societies in Lebanon, like the ones in Akkar and Tripoli. And even if they be Muslims, they lack a godly spirit and a human spirit. They act like brutes and cannibals. Lebanese, as a people, do have great psychological problems. Its ashamedly I am admitting this as a Lebanese myself. We are not well mentally. And I doubt if we are not also sick physically and genetically and socially and spiritually and and and.... Most of these criminals being labelled Muslims are neither religious nor spiritual or godly. Enemies of humanity. They neither pray nor fast and they do not observe Islamic laws or practice the religion. The religion has nothing to do with their brutality and lawlessness.

Now, crime and terrorism have been bundled together by bigots on a thread meant to further hatred. The two aren't the same. Crime has its distinct enabling factors. Terrorism likewise has its causes and motivation. But of course, the intent of the thread is to promote hatred and demonization of other Lebanese by a member of this forum who is pro-Israel and Zionist to the bone. He has wished for Israel to eliminate a certain Lebanese community and commit genocide. I even doubt if he is genuinely Lebanese and not an online mole planted on this forum to cause mischief among Lebanese. This forum needs to be sanitized. But again, we have another Zionist who has been made a moderator under the guise of forum elections.

About @manifesto , he is a funny guy. Maybe a clown and unserious. Look at his "tomatino festival" reply in this thread about tatbir (self flagellation). The majority of Shia religious authorities, including Ayatollah Khamanei have forbade tatbir (self inflicted injuries as a ritual to commemorate Ashura). Most Shia do not practice it. A minority do, and the media, especially the Wahhabi media, use these images for sectarian propaganda against Shias. They do not show the blood donations and good deeds and charity done on Ashura. Rather, they use what a minority of fanatics do to tarnish the commemoration. At least, those who perform tatbir harm themselves. They dont commit suicide bombings to indiscriminately kill innocent people like Wahhabis do on Shia civilians commemorating Ashura. Wahhabis do not have a problem with tatbir. They have a problem with Ashura wholly, even if the Shia bath in honey on Ashura. Also, most of @manifesto's replies are reactionary. They are not offensive but defensive in nature.
    So you are blaming their social status for their actions? When the christians came to this country the Australians really gave them a hard time. They kept on calling the christians 'wogs' and something like falafel was strange to them. There was no store that even sold Lebanese bread. The christians worked hard and showed them that we are people 3anjad from the Lebanon but we are hard workers, we come for a better life. We are the same as you. The christians became politicians, governors, teachers, lawyers etc.
    Then the muslims came in the 70s. They showed the other part of Lebanon. The Lebanon the christians tried to take out of the mind of the Aussies. They started to do crime, live in their hoods, have gangs, poor, uneducated, be a father at 22 with 3 children, not working, getting welfare. The Aussies started to compare between the two. If your name was Mohammad he would change it to Mo or Ali to Al just to get a job. Still happens today. You say Lebanese they look at you weird all due to these prick muslims who came here and destroyed thegood reputation that we had. September 11 happens some muslims were cheering, extremists in Syria, Sheikh here that make you laugh as all they preach is hate and violence against the Westerners. Whats worse these bloody sheikhs were born here. What came is some youth who are so extreme, wicked, rude and plain violent thinking they own the world and whats worse they were born in Australia. The same country that gave them bread and water they wanted to fight against it.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm talking about Lebanese Christians, you immediately drifted the topic to European Christians who used Christianity to conquer.
    Christians tend to believe claims that other make about the history of Christianity. Don't go so easily with the lies that people tell about your faith.

The colonization of the Americas was a commercial project, not a religious one. It started because merchant ship owners from Europe were looking for an easier route to India. They didn't know they would find a whole continent on their way. When they first landed in the Americas, they thought they landed in India. That's why they called the natives Indian.

The popes actually wrote official documents forbidding slavery in the Americas, and they said anyone who participates in slavery will be excommunicated from the Church. Unfortunately, people did not listen.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Christians tend to believe claims that other make about the history of Christianity. Don't go so easily with the lies that people tell about your faith.

The colonization of the Americas was a commercial project, not a religious one. It started because merchant ship owners from Europe were looking for an easier route to India. They didn't know they would find a whole continent on their way. When they first landed in the Americas, they thought they landed in India. That's why they called the natives Indian.

The popes actually wrote official documents forbidding slavery in the Americas, and they said anyone who participates in slavery will be excommunicated from the Church. Unfortunately, people did not listen.
    That's what I meant, people used Christianity for political purposes but their actions contradicted the Christian faith.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    So you are blaming their social status for their actions? When the christians came to this country the Australians really gave them a hard time. They kept on calling the christians 'wogs' and something like falafel was strange to them. There was no store that even sold Lebanese bread. The christians worked hard and showed them that we are people 3anjad from the Lebanon but we are hard workers, we come for a better life. We are the same as you. The christians became politicians, governors, teachers, lawyers etc.
    Then the muslims came in the 70s. They showed the other part of Lebanon. The Lebanon the christians tried to take out of the mind of the Aussies. They started to do crime, live in their hoods, have gangs, poor, uneducated, be a father at 22 with 3 children, not working, getting welfare. The Aussies started to compare between the two. If your name was Mohammad he would change it to Mo or Ali to Al just to get a job. Still happens today. You say Lebanese they look at you weird all due to these prick muslims who came here and destroyed thegood reputation that we had. September 11 happens some muslims were cheering, extremists in Syria, Sheikh here that make you laugh as all they preach is hate and violence against the Westerners. Whats worse these bloody sheikhs were born here. What came is some youth who are so extreme, wicked, rude and plain violent thinking they own the world and whats worse they were born in Australia. The same country that gave them bread and water they wanted to fight against it.
    They are sick and ungrateful. But it has nothing to do with following a religion. They aren't following the religion to start with. And besides, you know very well that Islam is not homogenous. As an Arab, you should know that. Wahhabis always pay back their host countries with radicalism and bombs. You can't just lump all Muslims into one basket. There are different factors that affect societies. The Shia have done pretty well abroad. They have started businesses and proved to be hardworking and integrated very well. I am a third generation Lebanon in the diaspora. My grandparents established from zero and started businesses and did quite well. My grandpa fled from Ottoman conscription.

The most vocal critic of these gangs in Australia and radicalism in Australia is Sheikh Imam Tawhidi, a Shia sheikh of Iraqi descent. You can find his videos and interviews all over YouTube criticizing Australian Wahhabis joining ISIS in Syria. There was even an incident in Australia when these wahhabis assasulted a Shia mosque. And Tawhidi has impressed Australians with his voice to let them know not all Muslims are the same. Only that Tawhidi himself has failed to an extent to make it clear enough that these so called Muslims follow a different ideology that's prevalent in an Arab country that Australia considers an ally, i.e. Saudi Arabia. And Tawhidi follows the Shirazi marja'iyyah opposed to the Iranian establishment. Australia's foreign policy is pro Israel and anti Iran, despite the fact that the menace facing Australian society from Muslim radicals is coming from the wahhabis allied with the pro Zionist Wahhabi Saudis and not Shia Iran.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The most vocal critic of these gangs in Australia and radicalism in Australia is Sheikh Imam Tawhidi, a Shia sheikh of Iraqi descent.
    He is hated by a large majority of Muslims. Which only proves the general claim of this thread.

We all know decent Muslims and are friends with them. No one is saying that every single Muslim on earth is evil.

The thread is about general trends. Not individuals.

That being said, while many of the criticisms are valid, the way they are being expressed is not helpful. Everyone should take some deep breaths and think twice before posting.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

They are sick and ungrateful. But it has nothing to do with following a religion. They aren't following the religion to start with. And besides, you know very well that Islam is not homogenous. As an Arab, you should know that. Wahhabis always pay back their host countries with radicalism and bombs. You can't just lump all Muslims into one basket. There are different factors that affect societies. The Shia have done pretty well abroad. They have started businesses and proved to be hardworking and integrated very well. I am a third generation Lebanon in the diaspora. My grandparents established from zero and started businesses and did quite well. My grandpa fled from Ottoman conscription.

The most vocal critic of these gangs in Australia and radicalism in Australia is Sheikh Imam Tawhidi, a Shia sheikh of Iraqi descent. You can find his videos and interviews all over YouTube criticizing Australian Wahhabis joining ISIS in Syria. There was even an incident in Australia when these wahhabis assasulted a Shia mosque. And Tawhidi has impressed Australians with his voice to let them know not all Muslims are the same. Only that Tawhidi himself has failed to an extent to make it clear enough that these so called Muslims follow a different ideology that's prevalent in an Arab country that Australia considers an ally, i.e. Saudi Arabia. And Tawhidi follows the Shirazi marja'iyyah opposed to the Iranian establishment. Australia's foreign policy is pro Israel and anti Iran, despite the fact that the menace facing Australian society from Muslim radicals is coming from the wahhabis allied with the pro Zionist Wahhabi Saudis and not Shia Iran.
    Agree 120%. Well said!

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

@manifesto hayde fresh news la elak. Thank you Lebanese Christians for your contributions throughout the world!

Last edited:
    Aoune32!

Aoune32!

@manifesto hayde fresh news la elak. Thank you Lebanese Christians for your contributions throughout the world!

Ya reit these people outside when they succeed they contribute to Lebanon. Carlos Slim 65 bilion 3ando. He doesnt do a anything for Leb and we give him citizenship 2al. Rbe7na 3alam w khserna baladna chou stafadna??

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Ya reit these people outside when they succeed they contribute to Lebanon. Carlos Slim 65 bilion 3ando. He doesnt do a anything for Leb and we give him citizenship 2al. Rbe7na 3alam w khserna baladna chou stafadna??
    Carlos Slim tried to start projects, he was denied. I know that for a fact. Most successful people feel alienated in Lebanon. With federalism, we can build a respectable government and engage our diaspora.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Carlos Slim tried to start projects, he was denied. I know that for a fact. Most successful people feel alienated in Lebanon. With federalism, we can build a respectable government and engage our diaspora.
    What do you mean he was denied? PMA is the President. Who is going to deny him doing a project masalan in Metn, Keserwen, jbeil, Achrafiyeh etc.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

He can try again now. Lol
    I don't think anyone worth his salt will invest right now in Lebanon. Everyone knows that the people that ran the country from 1992 are a bunch of clowns hellbent on destroying the country. Hopefully PMA steers the ship into the right direction and restores the trust in the country.