Lebanese Christian and Muslim relation/behaviour abroad

• Advertisement
  • Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I don't think anyone worth his salt will invest right now in Lebanon. Everyone knows that the people that ran the country from 1992 are a bunch of clowns hellbent on destroying the country. Hopefully PMA steers the ship into the right direction and restores the trust in the country.
    This is the time to invest. Property prices masalan have gone down. Now is the time. 1 billion dollar project masalan and the christian community can reap the affects of it would do good.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

This thread has exposed its contributors as extremely racist and bigoted fools. And unfortunately, they are all Maronites or Christian Lebanese. This thread will give the average westerner the idea of how Lebanese Christians are (in their many) alarmingly racist, sectarian and bigoted and are the genesis of the sectarian crisis engulfing Lebanon since independence.

If you look at global indexes, you will see that crime (rape, homicide, abortions, kidnappings, drugs etc) is more rampant in Christian majority countries, particularly in Latin America - which is overwhelmingly Catholic - and in African countries with Christian majority than in Muslim majority countries.

I really do not understand how then Christian Lebanese are taking pride in acting superior to some Lebanese gangs in Australia particularly, who happen to be Muslim. And of what significance is a difference of 5% among communities to generalize and formularize stereotypes, if we agree that both Lebanese Christians and Muslims contribute to crime abroad, and particularly in Australia.

One would think that the cause of crime would be linked to level of education, poverty rate, drug use and unemployment levels, and general underdevelopment (as is the case in Latin America and Africa), not to religion or ethnicity.

And the entire concept that some racist filth are using to make racist generalization is borne out of a misconception that their sectarian identity sort of act as an ethnic identity.

Based on my own experience, Lebanese Muslims and Lebanese Christians have gotten along very well outside of Lebanon. It is very unfortunate that some people on this forum are hell bent on causing sectarian hatred. Of significant notice are those who flaunt themselves as FPMers trying to increase written attack on Muslims, particularly Shia- who have contributed to the success story of Michel Aoun. The rise to power of Aoun shouldn't embolden bigots and racist extremists. Otherwise, that will contribute to his downfall and the downfall of the FPM and be part of their failure.

The bigoted filth on this forum have complexes. A superior complex towards their compatriots and an inferiority complex towards the Westerner. The average westerner will not associate with such racism and bigotry.

I hope that the majority of the Christians in Lebanon do not share these filthy racist notions from the pit of hell that will only cause sectarian friction and more conflicts in a tiny country like Lebanon. Many Muslims, and especially Shia have done very well in the diaspora. And likewise Christians. I expected the mods to have shut down this threat from the start. The intent is hatred. This forum continues to take a downward spiral.

The difference is criminality in Latin America has nothing to do with religion. While all the violence in Middle East is rooted in Islam.

Lebanese Christians are seen as a role model for immigrants worldwide, while the Muslims are worse than Afghans and Iraqis. 5% difference you say? All the Lebanese-Australian members said Christians and Muslims are seen as two completely different people. So called Lebanese Muslims are arguibly the worst, most dangerous and violent immigrant group worldwide. Words from Australia's minister of immigration himself.

C

CK10452

Screenshot_2019-01-24-08-06-14-103_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Just to put things into some context, here are stats from the 2011 Australian census on religious identify of Lebanese-Australians.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Never forget:

the Muslim 'Lebanese' gang that united Shias and Sunnis with one common goal: rape Christian women.

The attackers texted such messages as "When you are feeling down... bash a Christian or Catholic and lift up". and "I've got a slut with me bro, come to Punchbowl".

Sydney gang rapes - Wikipedia

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

View attachment 11632

Just to put things into some context, here are stats from the 2011 Australian census on religious identify of Lebanese-Australians.
    Another 5 years bro they will become a majority here. :)
    There are not many christians coming to Australia ba2a only through marriages if someone goes to Lebanon to get married and comes here. BUT the muslims are coming in droves.

C

CK10452

Another 5 years bro they will become a majority here. :)
    There are not many christians coming to Australia ba2a only through marriages if someone goes to Lebanon to get married and comes here. BUT the muslims are coming in droves.
    It will be interesting to see what the latest stats are. I tried to get info from the 2016 census, but could only find the above from a report based on the 2011 census.

A lot of Shia are coming here, I don't blame them when their leaders talk about war with Israel and then Israel threatens to destroy them and their villages if they try. That is not a normal way to live... Every day living in fear that one day you will wake up and find your family has been killed in war. Off course if I were them I would also be looking to leave Lebanon. One more major war between Hizbollah and Israel there may hardly be any Shia left in Lebanon, because many will flee the country and never return.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

It will be interesting to see what the latest stats are. I tried to get info from the 2016 census, but could only find the above from a report based on the 2011 census.

A lot of Shia are coming here, I don't blame them when their leaders talk about war with Israel and then Israel threatens to destroy them and their villages if they try. That is not a normal way to live... Every day living in fear that one day you will wake up and find your family has been killed in war. Off course if I were them I would also be looking to leave Lebanon. One more major war between Hizbollah and Israel there may hardly be any Shia left in Lebanon, because many will flee the country and never return.
    The shia are becoming more and more. It is well known where they live kameina in Sydney. Whoever can get his family out is trying to.

C

CK10452

At least Shia settle into Australia a little better than Sunni's. We don't have the same issues relating to extremism and terrorism coming from their community.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

At least Shia settle into Australia a little better than Sunni's. We don't have the same issues relating to extremism and terrorism coming from their community.
    The shia settle here and work hard for what they have. I know alot of people here that are shia. No problems at all. Just live their own life without an issue.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

View attachment 11632

The other is the Druze. They have a large presence also in Sydney. About 7-8% of the Lebanese. Not forgetting also the Alawites near Marrickville and surroundings.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    The difference is criminality in Latin America has nothing to do with religion. While all the violence in Middle East is rooted in Islam.
    That is the problem and the source of prejudice and a display of superiority complex. You believe when your coreligionists commit crime, it is not your religion that inspires them to commit crime. But when criminals from another religion commit crime, it is their religion that ask them to commit crime.

Now, the violence in the Middle East is one thing and crime in the Middle East and elsewhere is another thing. Even in Muslim societies with no Christians or non-Muslims, crime still happens. You're mixing wars/violence/terrorism and crime. Different things entirely.

Lebanese Christians are seen as a role model for immigrants worldwide, while the Muslims are worse than Afghans and Iraqis. 5% difference you say? All the Lebanese-Australian members said Christians and Muslims are seen as two completely different people. So called Lebanese Muslims are arguibly the worst, most dangerous and violent immigrant group worldwide. Words from Australia's minister of immigration himself.
    How many of your Christian family members have been raped in Lebanon by sex thirty hordes or criminal Muslim men?

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

This is the best post you have written. I agree with you completely BUT...
    You know those same countries we often blame though we go to. ya3ne we blame the US and their Imperialism and then the first country we go to is the US. We start living our lives as how they live their lives. Yet still believe that they are the blame for our miseries back home. The difference between a human and a pet is that a human has a CHOICE. The pet doesn't.
    In our part of the world how I see it is WE are the issue. In our part of the world people have a choice and often they make the wrong one. We have dictators in our country and people just clap for them. khaye, 50 years on a chair until he dies and then his son comes no problems. They keep on clapping. We have no real freedom in these countries. Freedom is not just one person going to a church or a mosque. The muslims in Australia masalan come here not due to freedoms or rights or they want to get away from a hostile state etc. They come here just due to living meaning they often are poor back home and come here for a better life. When they get here they often go on welfare and have 5-7 kids (much more than back home) and live happily ever after.

You in other threads want a secular system masalan. In theory 3al ktir mni7 bas what does it mean exactly? A person in Lebanon will stay Roum, Maronite, Shia, Sunni etc. This is in his blood. It is not something that can be removed. If you remove the sectarian system in Lebanon and the Parliament masalan becomes 100/128 Druze you will have other sects crying and arguing and probably even a civil war about their rights etc. The sectarian system in Lebanon is not the problem it is the minds of those in the country.

We as people from the country but live abroad should have a mind that is more open than theirs. We live in a secular state, we live in a country with different communities, different religions, no one hates the other. Each minds his business and does what he wants when he wants. What have the muslims done outside to show the countries they live in that they are not terrorist masalan? You have several hundreds not sure how many that go with Islamic state from here. This is the picture one wants to give to the country that you are residing in? The issue is clear and it is the fault of the majority of the muslims.
    The bad apples stick out like a sore thumb, but they are by no means representative of the whole. Moreover, if you are predisposed to think in a certain way, you will simply fill in the gaps to satisfy your preconceived notions. I don't believe muslims are zombies, last time I checked they are part of the human race. On the other hand, there's no doubt Islam is a menace to society. Muslims have to go through the trials and tribulations that christians did before they mellowed down. That process is fast tracked due to globalization. To take a line out of star trek, "resistance is futile"... Though I have to say, a lot of the christians on this forum, including yourself, are proving that you are still mired in petty religiously motivated bigotry and prejudice. So likewise, Lebanese christians still have a lot of work to do to free themselves of sectarianism and irrational hatred towards their neighbors.

Sectarianism is not unique to Lebanon neither now or in history. In the past, religious wars were ubiquitous in Europe and only ended when secularism was adopted. Maybe this is a cliché, but it still holds true, those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it...

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The bad apples stick out like a sore thumb, but they are by no means representative of the whole. Moreover, if you are predisposed to think in a certain way, you will simply fill in the gaps to satisfy your preconceived notions. I don't believe muslims are zombies, last time I checked they are part of the human race. On the other hand, there's no doubt Islam is a menace to society. Muslims have to go through the trials and tribulations that christians did before they mellowed down. That process is fast tracked due to globalization. To take a line out of star trek, "resistance is futile"... Though I have to say, a lot of the christians on this forum, including yourself, are proving that you are still mired in petty religiously motivated bigotry and prejudice. So likewise, Lebanese christians still have a lot of work to do to free themselves of sectarianism and irrational hatred towards their neighbors.

Sectarianism is not unique to Lebanon neither now or in history. In the past, religious wars were ubiquitous in Europe and only ended when secularism was adopted. Maybe this is a cliché, but it still holds true, those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it...
    There's nothing worse than a Muslim except a Christian justifying their behaviour and calling it natural progression. Aya mired Aya ballout. The Australian minister only talked about 2nd and 3rd generation Islam born and bred amongst the most democratic and impartial people on Earth. Many Lebanese Christian don't identify themselves anymore. The same as many Italians and Greeks worlwide. Justifying it as an expected process is beyond stupid. Saudi Arabia have many communities inside the country without fresh water or sealed roads. Yet they spend billions in dollars building mosques world wide. The new Muslims are as bad if not worse than the Lebanese ones. They can't speak Lebanese and mingle with sudanese apfganis algerians and any other extremists.

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

There's nothing worse than a Muslim except a Christian justifying their behaviour and calling it natural progression. Aya mired Aya ballout. The Australian minister only talked about 2nd and 3rd generation Islam born and bred amongst the most democratic and impartial people on Earth. Many Lebanese Christian don't identify themselves anymore. The same as many Italians and Greeks worlwide. Justifying it as an expected process is beyond stupid. Saudi Arabia have many communities inside the country without fresh water or sealed roads. Yet they spend billions in dollars building mosques world wide. The new Muslims are as bad if not worse than the Lebanese ones. They can't speak Lebanese and mingle with sudanese apfganis algerians and any other extremists.
    I think you missed the fast tracked part... Apart from that, Saudi Arabia was a British project, later sustained and supported by the U.S. Ask Trump if he would like MBS removed from power.

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think you missed the fast tracked part... Apart from that, Saudi Arabia was a British project, later sustained and supported by the U.S. Ask Trump if he would like MBS removed from power.
    Wipe out current Islam = MBS gone and peace better accross the globe. Trump milking them is what Americans French etc.. do and dream about. They are secular greedy powers.

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Wipe out current Islam = MBS gone and peace better accross the globe. Trump milking them is what Americans French etc.. do and dream about. They are secular greedy powers.
    How do you wipe out Islam? You can't bomb it out of existence. Apart from the immorality of it, these are ancient methods that don't work. They only radicalize muslims more.

Aegon

Aegon

It comes down to being near mosques and churches. Lebanese Christians perfer not to live near Mosques.