Lebanese citizen joining a Foreign Army

• Advertisement
  • Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    hey guys, i would just like to know what you all think about a lebanese person joining the army of another country?

Thanks.
    Do you mean someone with dual nationalities? That's ok. But if he's only Lebanese, then I don't think any foreign country would allow it.

shadow1

There is nothing wrong with that. The experience should be good as long as they dont send him to war. Armies do these silly stuff sometimes.

Incognito

I'd join the Australian military, only because in our Army you actually have opportunities.

Joining the military doesn't necessarily mean holding a gun, it involves an array of industry. Engineering, administration, IT, PR, diplomacy, intelligence, as well as the cool practical things like flying jets, navy, and infantry.

On top of that, they pay for your education and with a military stamp on your CV you can basically walk into any job.

Unfortunately, such opportunity doesn't exist with the Lebanese military, so my question is, why WOULDN'T a Lebanese person join another army?

Abufijli

I applied to join the Australian army and then changed my mind, it was around the first Iraq war. I realised that I would not want to go to the Middle East and fight against my own. But, if Australia is ever attacked I will be one of the first to jump up and defend it and fight for it. It is my duty.

I'd join the Australian military, only because in our Army you actually have opportunities.

Joining the military doesn't necessarily mean holding a gun, it involves an array of industry. Engineering, administration, IT, PR, diplomacy, intelligence, as well as the cool practical things like flying jets, navy, and infantry.

On top of that, they pay for your education and with a military stamp on your CV you can basically walk into any job.

Unfortunately, such opportunity doesn't exist with the Lebanese military, so my question is, why WOULDN'T a Lebanese person join another army?
    yeah ur rite, cus im thinking of doing the ROTC program which they pay for college and i can graduate with the degree i want and i join in as an officer,i wanted to join in lebanon but they didint let me because i graduated in leb as an IP ( international program) and i dont have the terminal.

Lallous

Whatever, don't worry in joining the army. Actullay here i Canada, if you sign for the army for 5 years of service they pay you your studies + salary + bonuses depending your job (Doctors especially, up to 200 000 $) + prestige, etc. The only problem is they keep switching you inside Canada so you won't see your family a lot. Join as an officer and don't worry, they won't send you anywhere if you are in the reserve. Joining "pacific" armies like Canadian one is very gogod opportunity. The Canadian Soldiers fighting in Afghanistan are full-time soldiers and in the REGULAR force and it's only a part of them who goes there after a hardcore training so don't worry. If you join the US army, you would have more chances to be sent outside the USA.

I applied to join the Australian army and then changed my mind, it was around the first Iraq war. I realised that I would not want to go to the Middle East and fight against my own. But, if Australia is ever attacked I will be one of the first to jump up and defend it and fight for it. It is my duty.
    Did they know about your HA affiliation?
    And what if Lebanon, syria, KSA, or Iran.... get in war with Australia... who would you defend?

Incognito,
    How would you join a pro Israel country army?

p.s. I am not sarcasic.

coralie

Legendary Member
    hey guys, i would just like to know what you all think about a lebanese person joining the army of another country?

Thanks.
    well if you have a double nationality it is fine you can join the army as a citizen . if not and you join a foreign army it is what we call mercenary .

mercenary : webster dictionary definition : one that serves merely for wages; especially : a soldier hired into foreign service .

Sirius

I applied to the Royal Australian Air Force as an undergraduate engineering student and got accepted, then I had to drop my application due to sudden health complications.

I think the opportunities offered at the military are great (tuition, benefits, salary, etc..). You just got to know what you want and go for it.

Something is puzzeling me!
    We all know that the US, UK, Australia and most if not all Europe are Israel protecters and still 'al mawto liamrika, amrikia zionist, amrika al char al akbar, etc...' people want to join their army..

What about allegiance? would you belong to the their armies and defend their interests even if those interests conflict with lebanon's, HA, ssnp, syria, iran, ksa, arabism, etc...?

Pls explain to me.

Sirius

Something is puzzeling me!
    We all know that the US, UK, Australia and most if not all Europe are Israel protecters and still 'al mawto liamrika, amrikia zionist, amrika al char al akbar, etc...' people want to join their army..

What about allegiance? would you belong to the their armies and defend their interests even if those interests conflict with lebanon's, HA, ssnp, syria, iran, ksa, arabism, etc...?

Pls explain to me.
    When you join an army, your duty is to serve and protect that country's security and interests, even if it meant contradicting your motherland's interests. It is a tough choice, but you need to make up your mind. If you can't take it, you can easily quit. In fact during my application process, I was asked what would I do if Australia were to be at war with Lebanon, it was the toughest question and I had to say that I would refuse to take part in any action. They liked my honesty. Also, joining any army does not deprive you of your own political line; as long as you follow the law, you can believe in whatever you want.

Baron

Do you mean someone with dual nationalities? That's ok. But if he's only Lebanese, then I don't think any foreign country would allow it.
    Actually, some Armies have special services for foreigners, like the Legion Etrangere in France, where you gain french citizenship after 5 years.

sayo9394

Did they know about your HA affiliation?
    And what if Lebanon, syria, KSA, or Iran.... get in war with Australia... who would you defend?

Incognito,
    How would you join a pro Israel country army?

p.s. I am not sarcasic.
    Hell yes I'd defend Australia against anyone... even against Lebanon.... (I'm talking about defending, which means Australia was attacked... and not doing the attacking...)

It's the country i was born, raised, studied, medicated in... and now living with honor.

This country got me through school, uni... what did Lebanon ever do to me except give me a hard time when i visit, and try to take as much money from tourists???

oh, by the way... i already work in the Australian Defense Force.

yeah ur rite, cus im thinking of doing the ROTC program which they pay for college and i can graduate with the degree i want and i join in as an officer,i wanted to join in lebanon but they didint let me because i graduated in leb as an IP ( international program) and i dont have the terminal.
    Hey, I just wanted to clarify a bit.

ROTC is a military commissioning program for US citizens attending colleges/universities in the US...

There are 3 branches of ROTC you can join; Army, Air Force, or Navy (which has the Marines option). FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO IS DECIDE WHICH BRANCH IS RIGHT FOR YOU, if you are a technical person seeking a Bachelors in Engineering or anything marked as 'technical', I would recommend Air Force or Navy as they really like technical people and most of their scholarships go to them versus those who choose to do anything else. You're going to have to research which educational institutes offer ROTC in the first place and enroll accordingly.

BE PREPARED TO GO TO SUMMER TRAINING NO MATTER WHAT BRANCH YOU END UP ENROLLING IN. Each branch is different, so do your research to find out more.

YOU MUST CONTRACT WITH THEM USUALLY 1 - 2 YEARS INTO THE PROGRAM; THAT IS THE POINT OF NO RETURN (to some extent). If you accept a scholarship or sign ANY contracting documents with whatever branch you choose, you will start earning stipends every month (they're not a lot but they're okay) which is basically money just to go to college. Be mindful though, once you sign a contract with the military, you are officially enlisted in the reserve, meaning that if you ever decide to just quit ROTC, you will owe them a lot of money (all the classes they paid for if you were on scholarship or the total of all the stipends plus interest) OR you will be forced to serve in a reserve unit as an enlisted man. THIS IS ONLY IF YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT TO JOIN THE MILITARY, not if you are just a student willing to enter the program.

There is a lot more to ROTC than what I just mentioned, feel free to inbox me if you'd like to know more.