• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanese FLB League 2014/2015

Weezy

eh now you're starting to be semi-reasonable... not when you say Terrell started it and threw the first punch.

I agree that an illegal block shouldn't have been met with a push. But also, a push shouldn't be met with a punch :)

Yes, he was down from the punch before the bench got there but after it did, there was a Riyadi player holding him down by pulling his shirt so Ali keeps punching him.

Also, I didn't see the 7ekme bench "joining the fight". All I saw are many from both benches trying to pull the fighting players apart. But I did see fans beating up players and ISF guys :)

Last, you're just assuming that Terrell entered the court again to "resume the fight". You don't know and I don't know either why he entered the court again. What we saw are fans beating him up again. Stick to facts.

Yes saggesse's bench joined the fight and terrel assaulted Ali again from his back 30 minutes after the fight and everything erupted again. Double check the videos

And the security forces confronted a single man in the third fight not the whole crowd. And I know this guy he works for Riyadi which is probably why he opted to stay on court

Impera

karlmarx

there was at least two riyadi fans who entered the court, isn't that forbidden? why do they only apply some of the laws?

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
Nice to see this type of statements from Riyadeh

الرياضي يعتذر من عائلة كرة السلة

الجمهورية- بعد الاشكال المؤسف الذي حصل مساء الاحد في “دربي” بيروت بين لاعبي الرياضي والحكمة والذي تطور لدخول الجمهور الى ارض الملعب وكل ما رافقه من تراشقات في التهم في الملعب وعلى مواقع التواصل الاجتماعي، اصدر النادي الرياضي بياناً اعتذر خلاله من عائلة كرة السلة عن كل ما حصل.

وجاء في البيان: “توقفت ادارة النادي الرياضي مطولاً عند الاشكال الذي حصل اثناء مباراة الحكمة والرياضي الاحد على ملعب الرياضي المنارة وما نتج عن هذا الاشكال من تصاريح وقرارات في غير موقعها.
ان النادي الرياضي يتقدم بالاعتذار من رئيس واعضاء اتحاد كرة السلة اللبناني ومن نادي الحكمة الشقيق ومن جماهير كرة السلة اللبنانية.
وإن ادارة النادي الرياضي تؤكد على ان العلاقة التاريخية بين نادي الحكمة والنادي الرياضي لن تزعزعها نتيجة مباراة او احتكاك بين لاعبين او جماهير غاضبة.
وان ادارة النادي الرياضي تثمن عالياً موقف رئيس الاتحاد اللبناني لكرة السلة الذي عالج الاشكال بكل جرأة وتجرد.
وتبدي اسفها بنفس الوقت من بعض وسائل الإعلام والمسؤولين عن مواقع التواصل الاجتماعي الذين استغلوا هذا الاشكال للتنكيل بكرة السلة اللبنانية التي يبدو انها لا تتوافق مع اهوائهم وتمنياتهم متناسين من اوصل لبنان الى العالمية.”​

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
So the decisions taken are:

1. Riyadeh fans are not allowed to enter the court for 3 games.
2. A fine should be paid by Riyadeh
3. Riyadeh should deliver the names of the fans who assaulted "Hayk Kokejian", "Joe Ghattass", "Elie Rustom", "Julien Khazzou3" and "Elie Estephan" as shown on the surveillance DVD in less than 48 hours
4. Terrell Stoglin from Sagesse banned from playing for 3 games and should pay a fine for fighting
5. Ali Mahmoud banned from playing 3 games and should pay a fine for fighting
6. Ali Mahmoud banned an additional 2 games for bad behavior on TV
7. Written warning sent to Sagesse and Riyadeh club

Finally, both Tammam Jaroudi and Mazen Tabbarah are thanked for helping the FLB come up with the above decisions.

Source: http://newsportsinfo.com/web/archives/20943

Lets just hope both clubs accept the above and learn (or teach their fans/players) that good sportsmanship should always come first, even before scoring points.

eLad

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Nice to see this type of statements from Riyadeh

الرياضي يعتذر من عائلة كرة السلة

الجمهورية- بعد الاشكال المؤسف الذي حصل مساء الاحد في “دربي” بيروت بين لاعبي الرياضي والحكمة والذي تطور لدخول الجمهور الى ارض الملعب وكل ما رافقه من تراشقات في التهم في الملعب وعلى مواقع التواصل الاجتماعي، اصدر النادي الرياضي بياناً اعتذر خلاله من عائلة كرة السلة عن كل ما حصل.

وجاء في البيان: “توقفت ادارة النادي الرياضي مطولاً عند الاشكال الذي حصل اثناء مباراة الحكمة والرياضي الاحد على ملعب الرياضي المنارة وما نتج عن هذا الاشكال من تصاريح وقرارات في غير موقعها.
ان النادي الرياضي يتقدم بالاعتذار من رئيس واعضاء اتحاد كرة السلة اللبناني ومن نادي الحكمة الشقيق ومن جماهير كرة السلة اللبنانية.
وإن ادارة النادي الرياضي تؤكد على ان العلاقة التاريخية بين نادي الحكمة والنادي الرياضي لن تزعزعها نتيجة مباراة او احتكاك بين لاعبين او جماهير غاضبة.
وان ادارة النادي الرياضي تثمن عالياً موقف رئيس الاتحاد اللبناني لكرة السلة الذي عالج الاشكال بكل جرأة وتجرد.
وتبدي اسفها بنفس الوقت من بعض وسائل الإعلام والمسؤولين عن مواقع التواصل الاجتماعي الذين استغلوا هذا الاشكال للتنكيل بكرة السلة اللبنانية التي يبدو انها لا تتوافق مع اهوائهم وتمنياتهم متناسين من اوصل لبنان الى العالمية.”​
Based on the videos i saw, i dont think the decisions are fair, Im not sure why Terrel deserves 3 matches ban, and why Ali deserves only 3

Weezy

So the decisions taken are:

1. Riyadeh fans are not allowed to enter the court for 3 games.
2. A fine should be paid by Riyadeh
3. Riyadeh should deliver the names of the fans who assaulted "Hayk Kokejian", "Joe Ghattass", "Elie Rustom", "Julien Khazzou3" and "Elie Estephan" as shown on the surveillance DVD in less than 48 hours
4. Terrell Stoglin from Sagesse banned from playing for 3 games and should pay a fine for fighting
5. Ali Mahmoud banned from playing 3 games and should pay a fine for fighting
6. Ali Mahmoud banned an additional 2 games for bad behavior on TV
7. Written warning sent to Sagesse and Riyadeh club

Finally, both Tammam Jaroudi and Mazen Tabbarah are thanked for helping the FLB come up with the above decisions.

Source: http://newsportsinfo.com/web/archives/20943

Lets just hope both clubs accept the above and learn (or teach their fans/players) that good sportsmanship should always come first, even before scoring points.

Riyadi can afford playing without ali, losing terrell though will be detrimental on saggesse

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
Sagesse won today 82-54 on hoops without terrell.

Here is the standings for the 2 groups so far.

image.jpg image.jpg