Lebanese import customs regs on sports dietary supplements?

M

Macco

Hello,

I recently moved from the UK to Lebanon for work purposes, a project in buildings architecture to be more specific.

I'm a keen bodybuilder and general sports/fitness enthusiast and so I have a number of natural 'dietary supplements' that I take for my fitness, mostly herbal extracts in capsules.

I'm interested to know how easy or problematic it is for me to import small amount of my supplements from the shops I get them from usually in the UK over into Lebanon via Royal Mail International post? Or would it work out better to import them in from a United States based store with USPS instead?

I would only be getting a few bottles here and there for my own personal use so nothing major as regards quantities per parcel.

From anyone who does or has done the same sort of thing previously, do you have any tips as regards parcel value, parcel wights, customs inspections, customs tax/duty, customs restrictions on herbal supplements?

Note: I know from my Google searches that @Lebanese Pride was mentioning that he imports bodybuilding supplements on an old thread here: Libanpost, new customs fees? - and so if you ( @Lebanese Pride ) or any other forum member for that matter has any tips, then that would be excellent!

Thank you in advance fro any assistance, all is appreciated.

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • M

Macco

Nobody have any advice or previous experiences? Probably give reddit a whirl!

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Nobody have any advice or previous experiences? Probably give reddit a whirl!
    My good man, most of the people here are in their 60s and their idea for physical activities are walking to the kitchen to make some coffee for the neighbors.

Your only chance is with our local champion @Lebanese Pride , but hes very busy these days

M

Macco

No worries, I found some useful things on the reddit Lebanon pages, so it seems fine to get supplements form outside of Lebanon as long as you don't go crazy ordering loads.

Thanks anyway

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    No worries, I found some useful things on the reddit Lebanon pages, so it seems fine to get supplements form outside of Lebanon as long as you don't go crazy ordering loads.

Thanks anyway
    Generally for personal use you will not have any problems ordering stuff from outside.
    I would say use aramex or private companies to deliver as it is complicated with the postal services ...not sure if they are doing better nowadays but things used to take forever.
    Another solution and if it is regular you can rent a postal box at the post office and generally things arrive as the main issue is the last mile.