Lebanese is a language (derived from syriac) not a dialect

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

It was never a monolithic "Muslim-Arab" shithole until recently in the 20th century when the West wrecked havoc on the area. In fact the Middle East has always been more religiously tolerant and diverse than the "Christian West".

It also became "very advanced" after the Muslim conquest. It was a Greek/Byzantine shithole before that.

You really need to brush up on your history before making a fool of yourself.
You serious bro??
Paying some Jizya tax for protection makes it very advance?

• Advertisement
  • Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Assyrian (Eastern) neo-Aramaic spoken in the Nineveh in northern Iraq and Syria

Last edited:
    AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You serious bro??
    Paying some Jizya tax for protection makes it very advance?
    Non-Muslims were exempted from military service as long as they paid a "protection fee". Those who served or who could not afford it, did not have to pay the jizya.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Non-Muslims were exempted from military service as long as they paid a "protection fee". Those who served or who could not afford it, did not have to pay the jizya.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
    maybe to you shi3e bas not to us christians :)

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    maybe to you shi3e bas not to us christians :)
    I'd rather be a Christian in the Umayyad caliphate than a Muslim in country governed by fascist Maronite parties.

I know my chances of survival are greater in the first case.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

I'd rather be a Christian in the Umayyad caliphate than a Muslim in country governed by fascist Maronite parties.

I know my chances of survival are greater in the first case.
    Would you rather be gay in which case tho, the former or the latter?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Aoune32! Islam has its share of unjust practices, but the Jizya sounds like a counterpart to the Zakat (donation to the poor) which Muslims were required to pay.

Muslims are required to donate 2.5% of their wealth to charity.

The jizya is no different than the tax you pay to your baladiyyeh, if you think about it.

Let's not blow it out of proportion.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    @Aoune32! Islam has its share of unjust practices, but the Jizya sounds like a counterpart to the Zakat (donation to the poor) which Muslims were required to pay.

The jizya is no different than the tax you pay to your baladiyyeh, if you think about it.

Thats pretty much Bullshit :) I thought about it :)

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Khaye,
    Im not blowing our of proportional. The crusaders were just as bad. What you just is khara. :)

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Assyrian (Eastern) neo-Aramaic spoken in the Nineveh in northern Iraq and Syria

Very ugly language :/ and to think Maronites want to revive Syriac...

Ba3do el 3arabeh ashtaf zoum.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Very ugly language :/ and to think Maronites want to revive Syriac...

Ba3do el 3arabeh ashtaf zoum.

That's Assyrian, but indeed Syriac is very close to that. But anything is better than Arabic, right.

Now this is the Suroyo dialect which should be closer to the Western Aramaic once spoken in Lebanon, which still exists in Maaloula but I can't find a clip.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That's Assyrian, but indeed Syriac is very close to that. But anything is better than Arabic, right.

Now this is the Suroyo dialect which should be closer to the Western Aramaic once spoken in Lebanon, which still exists in Maaloula but I can't find a clip.

I choose French.

Between Arabic and Syriac, I'll go with Arabic. Thanks. Neo-Phoenicians can keep their ugly Syriac dialect to themselves.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

I choose French.

Between Arabic and Syriac, I'll go with Arabic. Thanks. Neo-Phoenicians can keep their ugly Syriac dialect to themselves.
    The last video I posted does sound a lot like Levantine Arabic, doesn't it?

Plus Phoenicians spoke Canaanite (Phoenician and Hebrew were basically the same language. If they are really Neo-Phoenicians they should advocate for us to learn Hebrew :lol: Israelis can read the Phoenician alphabet and we don't :lol:

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The last video I posted does sound a lot like Levantine Arabic, doesn't it?

Plus Phoenicians spoke Canaanite (Phoenician and Hebrew were basically the same language. If they are really Neo-Phoenicians they should advocate for us to learn Hebrew :lol: Israelis can read the Phoenician alphabet and we don't :lol:
    The irony is that Herodotus, the Greek historian, claims that Phoenicians came from the Red Sea (implying that they arrived from the Arabian Gulf or Indian Ocean).
    So much for Maronites trying to prove they're anything but Arab. LOL.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    The irony is that Herodotus, the Greek historian, claims that Phoenicians came from the Red Sea (implying that they arrived from the Arabian Gulf or Indian Ocean).
    Yeah, disproven theory.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

What the Maronites tried to do in their country you camel ass lickers need 300 years to do. If it wasn't for your camel ass lickers in Lebanon (the muslims) we would have had a country.