• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Lebanese - Israeli Relations

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
We all know that Lebanon is officially at war with Israel. However, with the new developments in the region and the UAE - Israeli peace treaty as well as other expected Arab peace deals with Israel, one wonders what is the next step for Lebanese - Israeli relations. Nothing lasts forever, including war.

I'll kick this discussion off with this:

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
We all know that Lebanon is officially at war with Israel. However, with the new developments in the region and the UAE - Israeli peace treaty as well as other expected Arab peace deals with Israel, one wonders what is the next step for Lebanese - Israeli relations. Nothing lasts forever, including war.

I'll kick this discussion off with this:

If this borders' demarcation is fair for Lebanon and a solution for the Palestinian refugees is reached then nothing justifies the state of war between the 2 countries

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
There are no lebanese sources reporting on this? (elnashra does not count as it took it from Channel 12)
Nothing from Lebanese sources. Leb press is probably forbidden on reporting this? Or maybe they have no access.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Nothing from Lebanese sources. Leb press is probably forbidden on reporting this? Or maybe they have no access.
This is why i am asking as all the reporting is coming from one side. They are discussing it with who in lebanon ? under which cover and ....
It is something big geopolitically and the lack of reporting is suspicious. Either it is fake or it is under the table.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Will the demarcation included disputed areas and occupied areas?

Will be see an end to all occupation of Lebanese lands?

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
Ya3ni bifham min kalamak inno baddaksh t7arrir lquds?

وأنا أيمتى جبت سيرة تحرير القدس يا عبقري؟ أنا أصلا مع حل القضية الفلسطينية من ناحية إنسانية بس مش من منطلق ديني ولا أؤمن بخبرية الإسراء والمعراج و مسرى الرسول وحق المسلمين بالقدس
بس الشيء الأكيد إنه فيه شعب إسمه الشعب الفلسطيني حقه بوطن وهني المعنيين. بالنسبة للقدس، أنا أفضل أن تدول و تكون تحت سلطة أممية و يكون لكل الأديان حق الزياره و ممارسة طقوسهم

We all agree. Peace and normalisation with Israel versus
- solution for the Palestinians to be transferred OUTSIDE of Lebanon
- border resolution
- amnesty for Lebanese in Israel

Then we can sign. But Hezbollah will NEVER allow this to happen as it would mean it’s end.

My suggestion is that HA keeps its weapons and create a State within the new Federal State of Lebanon.

This would be ideal for everyone

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
We all agree. Peace and normalisation with Israel versus
- solution for the Palestinians to be transferred OUTSIDE of Lebanon
- border resolution
- amnesty for Lebanese in Israel

Then we can sign. But Hezbollah will NEVER allow this to happen as it would mean it’s end.

My suggestion is that HA keeps its weapons and create a State within the new Federal State of Lebanon.

This would be ideal for everyone
HA will never give up its weapons, even of they are given "حليب العصفور".

Negative

Israel cannot be trusted. Its lack of commitment to the peace agreements with the Palestinians can't be ignored. It only commits as long as others have strong bargaining chips. Egypt has strong army. Jordan has its influence on the Palestinians which often used for the favor of Israel. On the other hand, Palestinians (or most of them) gave up their weapons and their will to fight, so they lost their bargaining chip, and you see how they are losing everything bit by bit.

What do we have? The resistance? Do you think Israel will accept a peace deal while an armed militia with Islamic doctrine is camping on their northern border? If we forced the resistance to disarm, how can we guarantee the commitment of Israel?Please, don't say the "International Community".

Israel has known ambitions in Lebanon. The Hasbani river has strategic importance to Isreal. The idea of Greater Israel (Lebanon is included) is adopted by many groups inside Israel, and they are not few. Our gas fields, our underground water, and I don't know what else. How can we trust a country, created by falsehoods, living by falsehoods, and are proven liars and deceivers? The Palestinian refugees issue is the least of our problems with this country.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Israel cannot be trusted. Its lack of commitment to the peace agreements with the Palestinians can't be ignored. It only commits as long as others have strong bargaining chips. Egypt has strong army. Jordan has its influence on the Palestinians which often used for the favor of Israel. On the other hand, Palestinians (or most of them) gave up their weapons and their will to fight, so they lost their bargaining chip, and you see how they are losing everything bit by bit.

What do we have? The resistance? Do you think Israel will accept a peace deal while an armed militia with Islamic doctrine is camping on their northern border? If we forced the resistance to disarm, how can we guarantee the commitment of Israel?Please, don't say the "International Community".

Israel has known ambitions in Lebanon. The Hasbani river has strategic importance to Isreal. The idea of Greater Israel (Lebanon is included) is adopted by many groups inside Israel, and they are not few. Our gas fields, our underground water, and I don't know what else. How can we trust a country, created by falsehoods, living by falsehoods, and are proven liars and deceivers? The Palestinian refugees issue is the least of our problems with this country.

I am impressed by your objectivity.

I am impressed by your objectivity.
One thing no one is getting. You can’t make war not resist if your people don’t have food to eat ! Don’t you understand that the future is Space ? Science ? Colonisation of the Space? Green energy ? AI ? Robotics ?

Not only our people have nothing to eat but soon they won’t be able to write or read. They don’t produce anything and are nowhere near Israel technology wise. These aging Katiouchas and fake missiles from Iran won’t enable your people to eat.

The UAE has understood that and soon Lebanon will be buying Arab tech powered by Israelis and if you want to boycott products then nothing would enter Lebanon anymore. Already Facebook, Twitters etc are owned by Jews who give huge money to Tsahal.

So YES we will never make peace if the fundamentals are not there but in parallel we will not exist anymore if we don’t stop these stupid wars which only maintain HA arms as a justification.

We need to move on ans engage into DIRECT NEGOTIATIONS to solve our issues.

Already Israeli companies are coming en masse to Dubai and I bet that 50% of the Lebanese would have no choice but to interact with them on their daily jobs to avoid being fired. All large companies which have HQ in Dubai are now shifting Israel under Dubai. We can’t escape it anymore